Profile for Johnny Fluff > Reviews

Johnny Fluff

Zeitgeist -Ltd-
Zeitgeist -Ltd-
Offered by MediaMine

5.0 out of 5 stars I just don't understand the negativity, one of my favorite SP albums., 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Zeitgeist -Ltd- (Audio CD)
It's not Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie, it's a different album, get over it.....now that's cleared up, on to my short review.

I love and appreciate it when other people get all meticulous and go through the track list etc., but I don't do it myself!
This is a great album, if it was their first release instead of Gish, it would still not be as big as or loved as much as the a fore mentioned albums, but it would be appreciated and given the credit it deserves, I'm pretty sure. There are a lot of reasons people like to pooh on this newer, (not newest), version of the SP's, both the fans and critics, but the fact of the matter is, that if you take away all the moronic, pointless comparisons and negativity, and just let the album speak for it's self, it more than stands up with most of the SP's back catalog. Music is personal, so of course everyone can't and won't feel the same, but I believe some of the negativity towards Zeitgeist is jumping on the bandwagon stuff, also it's a grower, it makes you work a bit for your reward, that being, a very interesting, haunting in places, record, the production isn't bad, it's different and makes the album less, not more bland, it just takes a bit of time to peel this onion. In reality it's a 4-4.5 star review, but I feel like defending this album a bit, sticking up for it against the jock bullies, that being said, Amazon is the place were it seems to have the highest amount of acceptance, Billy should have called it, "Listen without Prejudice"

Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Really superb for the price!, 9 Jan 2014
I have to give 5 stars, the sound quality is simply amazing for the price you pay, I use them with my iphone, and the quality and clarity of the sound makes listening to my music collection very interesting again. Sure you can get better sound performance, but for this price, nothing I have used comes close. One or two little niggles that others have mentioned, but really to give anything less than a 5 would be being pretty petty on my part, very happy with the purchase I made.

Bed Of Nails Acupressure Mat Green
Bed Of Nails Acupressure Mat Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Something that actually works!, 25 Oct 2013
First off I can't stand new age type nonsense products, why?, because I've tried a lot of them, and no matter what the reviews, they never seemed to work at all, for me. I didn't buy this, it is my wife's, and for a joke she asked me to stand on it so she could laugh at my squirming face!, but I played along, and actually quite enjoyed it, and spent ten minutes going from foot to foot, it felt very relaxing after the initial pain, that is easily tolerable, (for me, my wife can't stand on it, everyone's different). Well I hopped into bed, and was out like a light, not something that happens very often, I find it hard to switch off. I thought that it must have been a coincidence, so I did the same thing the next night........ same result!!!!

I'll not bore you with much more, but, this thing works, I've ordered one for myself, and am using it in different ways everyday, out of everything this has surprised me most, it actually works!!!!!, I feel totally relaxed, like my focus is away from my internal, heady realm, and into my body and I feel grounded. This was such a nice surprise!

Staedtler Ergosoft 157 SB24 Triangular Colouring Pencils - Assorted Colours (Pack of 24)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 28 Nov 2012
They are OK for the price and if your not doing anything too technical or realistic. The price is fine for the quality, and is about on par for what they are worth.
If you want to do some serious art work rather than recreational colouring you'll need to spend a bit more money, these don't really blend, and are very hard, so you end up with that shininess if you try to force them. I don't think they are marketed as a serious artistic colouring pencil, so in that regard they are an OK pencil for what you pay. I'm using them as a rough draught pencil for ideas, which works out fine, because I don't have to waste the more expensive ones on getting ideas down. For school stuff etc. rather than artistic stuff, I would recommend them.

The Effortless Sleep Method:  The Incredible New Cure for Insomnia and Chronic Sleep Problems
The Effortless Sleep Method: The Incredible New Cure for Insomnia and Chronic Sleep Problems
by Sasha Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep deprivation makes people buy silly books., 3 Nov 2011
Ok, first and foremost, this book will help most people, so 3 stars. My problem is that the 12 promises are really just good sleep hygiene and sleep reduction, which is good, except for the fact that most of the first portion of the book explains how these principals don't work effectively on a long term basis! The killer for me is that one of the proposed things to stop doing is to stop trying another new method off the internet etc., but you can buy a sleep program from the author on her website!!!???, the usual sleep track recordings, that simply, by the authors own admission, don't work! What's good?, reinforcement that this is most likely a learned habit, there is nothing actually wrong with you, and I personally, will never buy or look up another thing to do with insomnia. It ends here and now, I wont even read the anticipated comments to this review! Something has just clicked into place, I've changed the rating to 5 stars, Thanks.

It's a Shame About Ray
It's a Shame About Ray
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A true 5/5 album., 18 Mar 2009
This review is from: It's a Shame About Ray (Audio CD)
The problem with reviews on Amazon is that, most people only rate an album if they love it, so it inevitably gets a 5, when it should really be a 3 or 4. Make no mistakes here though, this is a truly great album, possibly the best of a generation of music called grunge, although I've always struggled to put it in this category myself. After nearly twenty years since it's release it sounds ultra fresh, an album that completely transcends both time and category. I bought it more or less when it first came out, and re bought it on CD, and still listen to it. I could go through the whole album bit by bit, but an album that isn't in a cardboard box under the bed after nearly twenty years should be testament enough to the brilliance of this pop classic!

Wave of Mutilation - The Best of the Pixies
Wave of Mutilation - The Best of the Pixies

5.0 out of 5 stars True genius!, 10 Jan 2009
The Pixies are quite simply genius, I got this best of album after not having listened to them for years. It was great re-immersing myself back into that teenage world again, the fun and the angst. The Pixies lull you in with a gentle embrace, then when you feel secure, punch you in the face! The songs are a mixture of pop and brutality, I could go on and on, just buy this as a starter, and I bet you'll get the back catalogue!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS3)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS3)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals

3.0 out of 5 stars PES 2009, 12 Nov 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The Champions League and Become a Legend are the main differences in this and last years offering. The game play is slower, which I think is actually more realistic, although a lot of gamers complain about this. Why only a three star? In the good old days the graphics were poor but the game was great, the PES series has lost this for about the last four versions, slowly but surely you have to think of it as less like a real football game and just run with your fast guys. I play two player a lot with mates, and they all agree, in the old days you had to play football, now you just run!!! Get back to football Konami, please!