Profile for Dr. Rock > Reviews

Content by Dr. Rock

Dr. Rock "I know what you should own!" (Belfast, N. Ireland)

Saving Eutychus: How to preach God's word and keep people awake
Saving Eutychus: How to preach God's word and keep people awake

5.0 out of 5 stars something to read and read again!, 28 July 2013
There are many books on preaching but few as up to date, honest and as useful as Saving Eutychus. It will be on my desk rather than on my shelf in the years to come. Many thanks to Gary and Phil for this little cracker!

300 (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD]
300 (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Tonight we dine in hell!, 5 Jun. 2007
What can I say. I went along to see this in the cinema and left feeling like I could do 100 push ups! It stirs the senses from the word go. The violence is well executed and not just there for the sake of it. Dialogue is not the best but doesn't need to be...it still delivers the hair raising moments the film deserved. Performances are great and the whole thing looks like a water colour painting...beautiful, majestic...very true to the graphic novel. I honestly couldn't believe how good this film was.

Jimmy Eat World
Jimmy Eat World

5.0 out of 5 stars Jimy Beat World, 5 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Jimmy Eat World (Audio CD)
An amazing debut album from this band. Poppy rock that always sounds good. I have come back to this album again and again and allowed it to frame some major moments in my life. Brilliant song writing and musicianship. Buy it.

Lateralus
Lateralus

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic Epic Epic music, 23 May 2006
This review is from: Lateralus (Audio CD)
I have been a Tool fan for a while now and have recently come back to this album after buying 10000 Days recently. Lateralus stands out for Tool as a bit of crucible performance. The band members have really learned to emote through these songs. Blazing riffs and soaring lyrics allow the listener something truely rare...escape to another place completely. If you're into metal bands with a harder edge and your brain is still connected to your soul then you wont be disappointed.