Profile for The death bell tolls... > Reviews

Content by The death bell...

The death bell tolls...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
His Master's Gramophone: A Guide to the Acoustic Instruments Sold by the Gramophone Company in Great Britain 1897-1960
by Brian Oakley

5.0 out of 5 stars As classic as the machines it covers!, 18 Jun 2014
Before one begins to criticise this book the question should be asked as to whether that person has the knowledge, expertise and resources to have written the book themselves. If the answer to this question is in the negative then rest assured that this book will provide many of the answrrs that are needed to place the expertise at the fingertips of the enquirer. The book is not cheap yet the information is of immense value, the colour pi ture are clear and true, the binding is excellent and the subject knowledge breathtaking. I for one feel that this book has illuminated the darker corners of my personal ignorance on the subject, no longer will I have to make an educated guess at a make or model, a date or a variation, a machine finish or a sales figure, it is all here present and correct. This book is first class. If your answer to the first question is in the positive then I very much look forwards to reading your book on the subject in due course.

Slots Quest
Slots Quest
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Slots Quest (App)
Play is smooth and real. GREAT SLOT EXPERIENCE. Totally enjoyed this one a worthwhile experience. Smooth and real play. Recommended to all.

Pinball Park (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Pinball Park (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Pinball without the pin, just lots of bull, 28 Mar 2014
If you are serious about pinball then give this a massive miss. Only one game repeated three times. The flippers do not move independently. No real skill needed because the ball has a floating movement. Useless.

Invaders from Space
Invaders from Space
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Just misses it, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Invaders from Space (App)
Everything about the game is almost perfect but it does not play at all like the original. Instead of the aliens building up speed over the course of several attack waves I found that the game became very fast to quickly taking the fun out of it. If you haven't played the original however this detail will not be a problem.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull, 29 Jun 2013
Very good version with an excellent piano part on the CD nad a very clear and well printed part for the Violin. Includes a piano part reduction as well as CD.

Suzuki Violin School Violin Part Volume 5 (with CD) (Suzuki Method Core Materials)
by Dr Shinichi Suzuki
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 29 Jun 2013
This method has become much more useable since the addition of the CD s and I think that it will be a winner for all teachers and pupils alike.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but picky, 29 Jun 2013
Nice bow tie but the material does pick up and shed a little. In the end a good budget buy.

Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB
Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars On the eighth day he invented kindle HD nad all was good..., 29 Jun 2013
OK, so here is where I am coming from. I remember in the 1970s my dad bringing home a Binatone electronic game that plugged into the back of the TV and gave you instant Tennis, you each had a bright orange paddle that moved a stick on screen and batted a ball back and forth between player. That device was a game changer, it both challenged then replaced the board games, air fix kits, swing balls, bouncers, toy cars and comics that had been child hood up until that point and added a new dimension to the child's world. Latter on the ZX Spectrum did the same thing only more so. This home computer was not internet ready, had a very basic capacity, and you needed a degree in computer language to program it. This time the binatone was put away as the PC replaced handheld electronic games and became the king of the bedroom. It was my generation that was being groomed and allured to what was to come. Within the Kindle HD you have it all, it works and it is in step with our times. It has come!

OK so what can I do on the Kindle Fire HD after a few days of owning it OK here is the list.

1. I can use my existing wireless connection to browse the internet via the built in Amazon Silke browser. This task was very simple and all done in a few clicks of the screen. I just had to put the password for my AOL router into my Kindle and that was that. I can also sign into the net on any Hotspot that has a wireless thing going. Whats amazing is that this works, and easily!

2. My battery life on the Kindle is satisfactory. I seem to get an entire day of surfing, watching movies and playing games out of a single charge. Again, how refreshing.

3. I get a free app everyday and they are great fun, usually a game and one that is addictive to play. The other apps on the Kindle are all ranging from really good to don't bother but that's apps for you.

4. Streaming movies is seamless, very little if any pausing during films and because it's HD the films look great.

5. Everyone keeps moaning about the lack of flash player on this device however one can easily get around this as one does on a mobile phone.

6. If you want it you have an inbuilt cam.

7. If you want to you can take pics as well.

I could go on and on but I think that the above is enough reasons to give this device five stars. I just get the feeling that this device is the best thing on the market today and at the best possible price.

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Cover, Ink Blue (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9")
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A landmark in Android Technology, 26 Jun 2013
At last a tablet thing that I can actually work. Straight from the box it is a doddle to use and I am not a technical sort of person, for anyone with the slightest of PC knowledge, your everyday e mailer or even Android phone user this machine will be easy to use. The internet simply connects to your PC wireless connection, I had this up and running in under 3 mins, the email is simply clicked from your main PC account onto the Kindle with the click of a button. Your books from any old Kindle you may have are automatically sent to the fire so you have a seamless transfer and can access everything you own. The music down load capability looks very good, I downloaded a song from Amazon with an hour of using the device. The browser is certainly fast, really cant see why anyone need complain about that. All in all a great buy. Considering that it did not cost as much as some of the funky ones out there I have to say that this device is bang for the buck. Lots of fun without the hole in the pocket.

Price: 9.79

2.0 out of 5 stars One song 13 times...., 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
Well I have to say it has been a long wait and finally I have now heard the entire album. Vivaldi was often accused of not writing 500 concertos but one concerto 500 times, and here I get the feeling that I am listening to the opening track re written 13 times. Bill Ward is not present and that can be felt throughout, the drum playing here is robotic and really not the swing / jazz that we all enjoyed during the bands heyday. The production is glossy, the guitar and mix in general not creating any dynamic contrast in the album, no way is this vintage Black Sabbath. The guitar effects are off the rack not those dirty uncontrolled sounds that created the fuzz of of previous years. Ozzy can still sing sure but the voice has dropped a few octaves and he is obviously using a vocalization machine to hit the notes. The first time I ever heard Iron Man I could never forget it, the same was for Into the Void, Laguna Sunrise, The Wizard, Sweet Leaf to name but a few. On playing this album I have to admit I have already forgotten the lot and really will not be coming back to be reminded. If you want to hear Black Sabbath go back to the past it was all there and can never be bettered. This album has been created by a group gentleman who are now in the position of Rock Royalty, its easy when you are in that position...
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2014 5:35 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3