Profile for Francesca N. > Reviews

Content by Francesca N.

Francesca N.

Page: 1 | 2
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

4.0 out of 5 stars All in All, Worth a Read, 14 Dec. 2014
The book obviously contains aspects of the Japanese culture that some in the Western world may find, for lack of a better word, 'interesting.' The idea of objects having ‘energy’ and Marie Kondo’s communication with said objects (ie. Thanking them for their purpose) are mentioned several times in the book, which I perhaps took more as a metaphor than intended. I'm not ready to leave my comfort zone okay?! Anyway, no matter what your culture, if you want to be tidy this book should have something in it that will help and inspire.

When I first started reading the book, I found some of the author’s stories from childhood a bit repetitive, and it felt like a method of stalling before getting into the cleaning method. By the end however, I had come to appreciate her background and realised her narrative had made it a much more enjoyable read than simply listing various cleaning methods. The overall message of discarding, followed by finding a place for everything, was not a fantastic revelation for me. I live in a relatively tidy environment and am not what one would refer to as a clutterbug. Yet, there were still aspects that I found helpful. This book would be ideal for a hoarder, but as a relatively clean person I felt as though it honed my skills and improved my outlook on cleaning. Honestly, I wish my sister read more- so I could give this to her for Christmas and she wouldn’t cry upon receiving a book.

Certain parts of the book, ie. speaking on folding and arranging clothes I found particularly interesting (is that sad?!). There were actually quite a few more helpful suggestions within the book that I wouldn’t want to mention in this review as it wouldn’t do it justice. If you want to know the secrets, I would suggest giving it a read!

The author has an informative yet modest voice, stating at one point ‘If you don’t feel any joy when you hold it [this book] in your hand, I would rather you discard it.’ I can safely say that, were I holding an actual copy of the book (rather than reading it electronically), I would be hanging onto this book for the time being.

Seche Vite Professional Top Coat 14ml
Seche Vite Professional Top Coat 14ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for long-lasting nail varnish., 20 April 2014
This is the best Top Coat I've used. I've never had my nail varnish stay on for so long, I just wish it dried faster!

OPI Nail Polish 15ml ~ Next stop...The Bikini zone ~ Brazil Collection 2014
OPI Nail Polish 15ml ~ Next stop...The Bikini zone ~ Brazil Collection 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Springtime Colour, 20 April 2014
This is a really nice colour that reminds me of Easter. Not too keen on the name of it, but I can't fault it any other way. It is a really good formula, long lasting and beautiful colour.

milk_shake Leave In Conditioner 350ml
milk_shake Leave In Conditioner 350ml
Offered by BC Gel

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 20 April 2014
This smells so delicious, but rather sweet- so you have to be in the mood to have hair that smells like cupcake icing. It makes my hair smooth and detangled without making it greasy.

Orly Polish, Rubberised Base Coat 18 ml
Orly Polish, Rubberised Base Coat 18 ml
Offered by Ella Gray

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 20 April 2014
I prefer this to OPI's Basecoat, but I still use a topcoat over it to keep the nail polish from chipping for even longer. This doesn't discolour the nail and isn't too expensive!

OPI Nail Varnish YOU CALLING ME A LYRE 15ML
OPI Nail Varnish YOU CALLING ME A LYRE 15ML

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite OPI colour, 20 April 2014
I was really looking forward to this colour, and it's a nice neutral one, but it not opaque enough. I tried painting white (OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls) as a base and putting this over the top, but that made things worse.

If you're looking for a translucent colour or for a french manicure topcoat, this would work well.

Kamor® Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Cable with Audio Support- Thunderbolt Compatible with Gold Plated Connect (Male-Female) for Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and Microsoft Surface Pro - High Quality ABS Plastic Housing - in Retail Packaging(White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for use with my Macbook, 20 April 2014
I bought an HDMI cable separately and this works perfectly to plug into my Macbook Air lightning port. Very happy with this product!

Griffin Universal Direct Deck Cassette Adapter - Black
Griffin Universal Direct Deck Cassette Adapter - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 8 Oct. 2013
So glad I discovered this product, it is inexpensive and much better than the small portable speakers I was using before. The sound from my car stereo is clear and loud when I wish it to be!

Kuzy - EU/UK BLUE Keyboard Cover Silicone Skin for MacBook Pro 13" 15" 17" (with or w/out Retina Display) iMac and MacBook Air 13" (European/ISO Keyboard Layout) - Blue
Offered by Kuzy UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, just wish it fit my Macbook, 8 Oct. 2013
I have a new Macbook Air 13" and this product does not fit it! When i try to close the lid, it gets in the way and prevents me from doing so properly.

Genuine EP880 Genuine Mains Charger with Genuine Data Cable for SONY Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1 , Xperia SP, Sony Xperia M, Sony Xperia Z Ultra (No Retail Package)
Offered by Sorze

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, just what I needed!, 8 Oct. 2013
I just needed a spare charger for my Sony Xperia SP and this does the job perfectly! I recommend this one as it is not too expensive and is reliable.

Page: 1 | 2