Profile for A. BUNCALL > Reviews

Content by A. BUNCALL

A. BUNCALL "abuncall"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Philips HX6732/45 Healthy White Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips HX6732/45 Healthy White Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Changer!, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I absolutely love this toothbrush! I recently ordered an Oral-B one and was very impressed with that in itself, I then spotted this one and ordered it too as my wife expressed an interest in having an electric toothbrush. I have to say, after getting this out of the box, seeing the stylish design, reading the information about the features and recommendations etc I got drawn into testing it out myself before passing it on to my wife.

I am now the proud owner of this amazing toothbrush and have passed the Oral-B one on to my wife!! (she's happy enough!)

Other electric brushes I have used in the past have done a more than impressive job of leaving my teeth feeling clean but this one is something different - a little bit more special.

First of all the brush head is shaped more like a traditional toothbrush and I really like that about it - feels more comfortable and natural when brushing.

Secondly. I would equate this product to middle ground between brushing your teeth and having a scale and polish at the dentists. The pulse action (particularly in the teeth whitening mode) is a step up from the circular spin of other products. It really feels like your teeth are getting some extra attention (so much so that in the whitening mode you have to make sure you're careful not to spray toothpastey splashback all over the sink/mirror/significant other.

After 2 or 3 weeks of use my teeth feel and look cleaner. I'm a bit concious of my teeth as I used to be a heavy smoker in my 20s and ten years on I still feel they have a bit of a yellow tinge to them. I'm hoping that the initial slight change in tone will continue and this toothbrush will be the answer to my prayers! Regardless of the cosmetic side of things, my teeth have never felt so clean, this is probably as much due to the powerful action as it is also to do with the timer function which makes you brush for a lot longer than I used to do previously - 2 minutes is actually quite a long time and I now realise that in the past I have been very guilty of just doing a quick up/down/left/right and off to bed when I'm tired and can't be bothered. This brush makes you at least make the concious decision to turn it off prior to the timer function doing its job.

Battery wise it's been great - maybe not quite the 3 weeks as advertised, I've had it around 3 weeks and have charge it once about a week or so ago and it needs another charge now.

Worth the money for a far superior product.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed at all, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm extremely disappointed that I'm not writing a glowing review of this product - I was very excited to get it all set up and add it to my setup - we've just bought a new house with a bit more space in it as our family grows and I was looking forward to getting this speaker set up in anticipation of it being in use in one of our new rooms - maybe in the kitchen to play music whilst cooking or in the dining room to have on whilst entertaining.

First impressions out of the box were that it does not look like a £300 product. Uninspiring design and cheap looking.

Setup was very straightforward, turned it on,waited for the light to turn blue, selected wifi on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) and connected immediately. This is where the first penny of disappointment dropped - my next step was to go onto Play Store and download the APP....as I was now connected via Wifi to the speaker it meant I had to go back in and disconnect/reconnect onto my router. So there's two problems with this, for starters it's a bit clunky (not a dealbreaker but devices these days do tend to just pick up wifi automatically so it seemed odd to me that each time I am going to use the speaker I'm going to have to disconnect my mobile from my broadband connection)....Secondly, I was planning on using this to both play music stored on my phone but also stream music via spotify and listen to podcasts etc. I'm simply not going to do that over mobile internet so that is a massive downside already. Maybe I've got this all wrong but I was expecting this to connect via bluetooth so that my mobile would still be connected to my broadband wifi signal.

Anyway. one major grumble aside I pressed on and downloaded the app with no bother, switched back on to the speaker WIFI and had a play with the user interface. The APP is poor, looks bad, not very user friendly, poor design for selecting and switching through your music catalogue.

Next grumble - for me it doesn't sound great at all. Plenty of power but not much dynamic range, I tried a few different artists and found it to be very top and bottom heavy with no mid range at all - a weird kind of boomy/tinny sound. I know we're dealing with a single speaker here but I have a BOSE docking station which retails at around a third of this unit and it sounds 50 times better (if not quite as loud).

Then, the connection started to waver, dropping out every 30 seconds or so. This was enough for me. I might revisit this when we move into our new house and have it in the kitchen for listening to podcasts etc which I've already downloaded onto my phone but it's currently back in its box and in the loft.

Philips HR1832/41 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Red
Philips HR1832/41 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Juicy, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a stylish, easy to use and very effective juicer. I've used plenty in my time having worked in various bars over the years and the major plus point for this one is how easy it is to take apart and shove the really messy bits in the dishwasher. It rips through oranges really efficiently (I'm not very adventurous and just use it for my beloved freshly squeezed orange juice) and I've experienced the least amount of spills/side dribble than I have with other types of juicer.
The instructions were not great but as with most technology these days, if it's well designed then it's obvious how to use it straight out of the box.
It's probably the least noisy juicer I've come across as well which is handy for early morning breakfast making and not disturbing the rest of the household.
It looks good too - a nice design which doesn't look horrendous if you leave it out on the side for a bit.

5 stars for a fantastic product!

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars far from perfect, 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ordered this for my wife who has the following comments...This brush is a good convenient size, shorter than most but nice and compact. Nice soft bristles but they do shed quite quickly which is not great really.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Spacesaver Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Rainforest Spacesaver Jumperoo

3.0 out of 5 stars If compact is essential then go for this, but the original is still the best, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This jumperoo has plenty to like. Easy to assemble, decent enough build quality (but not as nice as the original three columned rainforest jumperoo), the usual cute characters, cheeky monkey, friendly lion face and chewy frog toy.

It certainly saves space, one annoying aspect of the previous versions is that although they are great fun to have around they can take up a lot of room. This is slightly smaller when set up, although id argue not massively more compact from the first version. However the ability to fold away is really useful. I do find it a but fiddly though and far from straightforward. I'm sure I'll get used to it now I know the knack to it.

However, on the bad side, it's a bit clunky to fold as mentioned, and as also mentioned I think this one and the walker version have noticeably gone a bit more plasticky. The original 3 columned rainforest was a lovely bit of kit with more detail and nicer finish.

Also, the central console is more limited, the spinny ball is fun, as are the spinny paddles on the arch, however the light up section is a bit naff/basic and there's just not as much variety of things to play with. The chair doesn't rotate through 360 degrees like the others and so I don't think it'll have the longevity of the others.

So in summary, if it's essential that you need something that folds away then this will be a good one to go for. However there's several compromises to be swallowed and I'd recommend the original version if you have the space.

Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this to replace my old oral b toothbrush which was decent enough but getting a bit old in/on the tooth, hmm sorry......

I'm delighted with this product, easy to set up straight out of the box, I gave it a big long charge overnight, picked my choice of three brush heads (I went for the whitening one which seems a bit harder than the others with an inner flexy bit at the centre, the others are softer and better for gentle brushing).

The stand out thing about this brush is the amazing battery. I didn't really realise but my old one needed charging every other day. This one has lasted well over a week on one charge.

The design is way better as well. Wider base so it doesn't fall down as easily, various speed settings for burst mode.....although I just prefer to have it on normal.

Having failed to read the instructions, on first use I wondered what on earth was going on with the red light constantly flashing up. I soon realised it was a pressure sensor and I've clearly been brushing too hard for quite some time now.

It's got me settled into a much nicer brushing action which is presumably easier on my gums and may well give me a year or two longer without falsies in my greying years. Although to be honest it might just be a gimmick, even so in the mundane world of teeth brushing it's an enjoyable little game trying to avoid the red light flashing up.

Worth the money, does a great job, superb battery very pleased!

Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)
Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for Finish!, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use the powerball tablets quite a lot and have recently reviewed the All in One tablets. These ones from what I can tell have the added bonus of additional glass protection and they seem more "Liquidy" - not sure if that's particularly helpful!
They perform fantastically well as I have found all finish dishwasher tablets to do. Glasses do seem to come out with a bit of extra sparkle and our white tea mugs which very quickly become grubby if you hand wash them come out of the dishwasher like brand new.
Again, the packaging is much more user friendly as per the All in ones. Resealable bag with no separate fiddly wrapper round each tablet.
5 stars again for Finish!

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be having an effect, 13 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used the previous version of vanish oxi action powder and been distinctly unimpressed by the difference between the advertised effect it has on whites and the reality. I've soaked shirts, spot treated stains and shoved the powder in the washing machine and seen marginal differences in whiteness at best, usually nothing noticeable.

So I was a bit sceptical with the new improved 'Gold' version. I have to say that having used it a couple of times on my white work shirts I have noticed a steady brightening of a couple of my older shirts (the ones that over time have ended up getting shoved in with a few mixed washes and started to go a bit grey).

I've found soaking for a few hours in the sink (it also gets our white kitchen sink beautifully clean) and then following up with some powder in the wash seems to do the job. Not by any means a revelation but definitely impressive.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fantastic dishwasher tablets - I'm already a regular used of finish tablets and generally try and pick up a large bag whenever they are on offer at the supermarket. It's worth picking these large resealable bags up online as it's good value for money and they last ages.
The tablets themselves are much easier to use that faffing around unwrapping packaging for each and every time you use the dishwasher.
They get your dishes sparkly clean with no residue or mucky bits at the bottom of cups. Nice lemon fresh aroma as well. 5 stars!

Cole & Mason Electronic Gourmet Precision Grind 21 cm Greenwich Stainless Steel Pepper Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimmicky yes......but so very pleasing!!, 9 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've wanted one of theses for ages....it's not that manually twisting an old fashioned pepper mill is that much of a chore, it's just such a cool item. Is it 100% necessary? No, of course not but it looks great, has a really solid weight to it and is just such a pleasing thing to do when you're about to tuck into that plate of pasta or that poached egg on toast!
You can get a really good load of peppercorns filled into the chamber so it won't run out quickly. Battery life seems to be good so far although I'm not looking forward to having to shell out for all those replacement batteries so we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
I love the function where you can choose the thickness you want - a nice light dusting (ref. the poached egg above) or nice big chunks to put a bit of fire into your chilli!
Worth the money if you've always wanted one of these! If not, stick to the twisty version and try not to think about how awesome you'd look just pressing a button and letting it do it for you!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10