Profile for Peter S > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
White Light
White Light

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: White Light (Audio CD)
This is not a George Michael Song. The real George would have put in more time and effort and perfect it. Bad effort. Bad Song.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2012 5:40 AM GMT

Chelsea Baseball Cap
Chelsea Baseball Cap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cap & fits perfectly, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Chelsea Baseball Cap (Misc.)
The Shape of this hat is perfect and fits perfectly on any head .. some of my freinds tried it on.

Hamlet Touch Table Lamp, Brushed Chrome, including G9 40W Halogen Bulb
Hamlet Touch Table Lamp, Brushed Chrome, including G9 40W Halogen Bulb
Offered by The Light Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 25 Mar 2010
As you may have read all the revwies of other buyers, I totally agree with them. I found the most practical thing about it is the convenience of turning the light off. With my old lamp, I had to make a small effort looking for the switch; with this lamp, all I have to do is touch it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth 6 Stars, 26 Feb 2010
I got this for my two sons, 5 & 9 years old. It's just fantastic. They have their own little galaxy in their bedroom. I highly recommend this for all kids up to 10 years old.

Soldier of Love
Soldier of Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: Soldier of Love (Audio CD)
Very good producion. My favorite is "The Moon & The Sky", I would place this song side by side with SADE's greatest songs, such as "Sweetest Taboo". The whole CD is easy to listen to and very relaxing. It has SADE's 'touch' and 'identity' that made her one of the few greats. Don't expect to be blown out by it however, but the quality is there, the sound is there, and finally, Sade's velvet voice is there. It's a must have for any one's music library.

Freedom
Freedom
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 27 Nov 2009
This review is from: Freedom (Audio CD)
Amazing CD. I'm in my late 30s and grew up with the 80s music, so I haven't invloved myself the last decade that much in music, however, this one can match any great album from the 80s era. It has fun songs and some quality ones too.
My favourites are:
- Freedom (excellent song - I rate it perfect 10)
- Beautiful (exellent dance song - also perfect 10)
- Against the grain
- I'm so paid
- Troublemaker
- sunny day

I just bought this CD, I did not think that it was wothwhile spending my money on; but now that I eventually did, I feel like I missed a year of good music. I think this could be one of the best albums of the decade.

Football Manager 2010 (PC/MAC DVD)
Football Manager 2010 (PC/MAC DVD)
Offered by retro-boy

5.0 out of 5 stars FM is back, 10 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I buy FM every year since the late 90s. This year I decided to get it on PSP (which eventually proved to be a big mistake, so I bought the PC game) because I got dissapointed with the similarities in the game every year. However, 2010 proved me wrong. The game is fantastic. Watching the 3D, is amazing, at some points I make the same reaction to a real soccer game, you know, for a close miss ... Etc. FM back at it's best.
Also, it's not so easy, I started the season with Peterborough, the team cannot pick up, as a matter of fact, I'm having the same progress as in real life. Great fun.

Football Manager 2010 (PSP)
Football Manager 2010 (PSP)
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for loyal FM players, 9 Nov 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I've been a FM since the late 90s. This is the first time I buy it on PSP - BIG MISTAKE, it was always on PC for me. Now, if you are a loyal FM player and most probably end up divorced over it; this is not the game for you - get the PC game. (which I did eventually)

This will do for my son, who is 13 year old - that's it.

I give it 2 stars becasue I'm comparing it to the PC version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2009 8:51 PM GMT

Absolute Greatest
Absolute Greatest

5.0 out of 5 stars Best band of all times - CD incomplete though to call 'Absolute', 9 Nov 2009
This review is from: Absolute Greatest (Audio CD)
A true fan of Queen does not need to buy this record. You already have all the songs. I am a true fan and most probably I will end up buying it. I sympathize with those who have not had the "Queen Experience". I believe that this collection is a good start for someone to appreciate Queen but, the truth is, this is only 10% of Queen. This album is missing some master pieces such as:
- Love of my life
- spread your wings
- is this the world we created
- Innuendo
- you take my breath away
- It's A Hard Life
- Dead On Time

Also missing some great songs such as:
- Friends will be friends
- Miracle
- too much love will kill you
- Teo Torriatte
- My Melancholy Blues
- Let Me Entertain You
- Bicycle Race
- Save me

For those who is not a Queen fan, this is a must-buy
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2010 6:36 PM BST

Songs in the Key of Life
Songs in the Key of Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Stevie Wonderland, 18 May 2009
Possibly, definetly one of the best recordings of all time. If Stevie were to compile a new Greatest Hits Album which will be considered the ultimate collection; "Songs in the Key of Life" would be its "A" side. I rate 17 out of the 18 songs with perfect 10. Each song has it's own identity; even if one of the songs do not apeal to your personal taste, it would have that something that makes it unique. I'm sure any Stevie fan have this one, for the ones however, who have not experienced this artist in depth, this is a big miss-out on Stevie and on Music in General. My personal favorites are:
- Love's In Need Of Love Today
- I Am Singing
- Knocks Me Off My Feet
- Ngiculela Es Una Historia
- Ebony Eyes (Not included in the CD)

Unfortunatley, two songs are missing from this compilation; I had the Vynil and it contained a 45" bonus disk with two fantastic songs, If I recal the titles "Ebony Eyes & Saturn"
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2010 5:57 AM BST