Profile for msh > Reviews

Microeconometrics: Methods and Applications
Microeconometrics: Methods and Applications
by A. Colin Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 4 Mar. 2011
I think this book is "a must have" for for all those doing econometrics, both at theoretical and empirical mode. For students, its beyond saying that should invest on this book, it pays a lot. I am extremely satisfied.

I found also innovative the way that is organized, and the study guideline are really very effective to keep track of the theory.

I suggest to everyone interested to buy it.

Introduction to Modern Economic Growth
Introduction to Modern Economic Growth
by Daron Acemoglu

5.0 out of 5 stars Just go and Buy it, 5 Dec. 2010
Just go and buy this book ... don't ask why, is redundant !! The only question to ask yourselves is "do I have the money to buy it?" If not, go borrow, go and work, go and steal (lol) but do something....... and then come and buy this book.

Acemoglu rocks again !!!

Is a book that everyone must read or at least has it in his library if he is interested in the variety of topics, and secondly if he is interested to finally learn concepts, methods and some of the mathematics (and econometrics) used in growth theory (and not only), in the most lucid, concrete, methodological, clear and confident way ever possible.

is a M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E !!!

This book made me to be a great fan of Acemoglu !!! Acemoglu, is just an EXCELLENT author for students. He is just amazing ! I wish he could write books for micro, macro and econometrics to avoid reading the bunch of books needed in order to understand simple things that in most graduate textbooks appear like astrophysics and explained like quantum mechanics!!! :)

Read the book and come here to revisit my comment and see if I was right or not !!

Introduction to Econometrics, 2nd Ed.
Introduction to Econometrics, 2nd Ed.
by Christopher Dougherty

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Ok.... but u should look elswhere !!, 28 Oct. 2008
Gujarati's Book is much better and it's structure and style is closer to introductory studies than this book. I just looked at it once and then i followed Gujarati's one. The only advantage of the book might be its price.
Nothing special, all at all a simple book for econometrcis.... I think there are lot of better alternative options.