Profile for Suze > Reviews

Content by Suze

Suze

Page: 1 | 2
Maureen and The Big One (Maureen #3)
Maureen and The Big One (Maureen #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Maureen Strikes Again, 25 Jun. 2014
I love this book. I've already read the other books with Maureen but this one is my favourite so far. You really have to feel sorry for her, and this time we have insights into her life as a child. I laughed aloud at her escapades a few times, but also felt some embarrassment for her. I'm certainly looking forward to the next one.

The Time Hunters and the Sword of Ages (The Time Hunters Saga Book 4)
The Time Hunters and the Sword of Ages (The Time Hunters Saga Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual Excellence, 19 April 2014
I loved Sword of Ages, and it's a great book to go with the other 3 Time Hunters books. It's well written and the story flows nicely, which makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. Becky and Joe are their usual irreverent selves, with Uncle Percy not quite knowing what to do with them at times - personally, I think they both need a clip round the ear. I don't want to say anything about the actual story because of spoilers which we all hate, but it's nice the animals they 'found' in past adventures are still mentioned, and are alive and well, and seemingly quite happy.
It's an excellent book as Carls always are and I eagerly await the next instalment.

Fodable Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Sport Headset Headphones Hands-Free With Mic,Noise Cancellation for iPhone6,6 Plus,5,5S,iPad mini, , Samsung Galaxy S6, S5 --Ideal for Running Cycling Walking

5.0 out of 5 stars Great With iPhone 4, 30 Dec. 2013
I thought I would have had trouble pairing these with my iPhone 4 but the connection was instant and couldn't have been easier. They go around the back of your head instead of over the top and are very lightweight and comfortable to wear for at least a couple of hours (that's the longest I've worn them so far). I use them for my audio books and found the sound to be perfectly clear with most background noise filtered out. I don't know if they would be good enough for serious music listeners but for me with my books they are perfect, and I don't need to mess about with a wire or pockets to put the phone in, which is the reason I bought them. I don't know about the battery life yet as I only got them 2 days ago and am still using the charge which was in them when they came.
I can recommend these for somebody looking for cheap, wireless headphones and for me they do everything I need them to.

Gus (Short Story)
Gus (Short Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Short, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Gus (Short Story) (Kindle Edition)
This must be one of the first short stories I've read, mainly because I do tend to avoid them as I prefer full length books. I'm glad I gave this one a try though as I thought it was an excellent read. The author captured the main characters frame of mind perfectly, and no words were wasted in the telling. I felt sorry for Gus and understood his attitude of what's the 'bloody' point after such an horrific attack. I'd like to think he lived but that's one for each persons imagination after reading the book.
Will I read more from this author? Definitely, and after reading this one book I can recommend him.

Plague for Profit
Plague for Profit

2.0 out of 5 stars Idea Good, Editing Not So Good, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Plague for Profit (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book to see if it was as bad on the inside as the description. The storyline is quite good but the book needs some serious editing and proofreading. The sentences need rounding out as they are too short and abrupt making it more like a report than a book. Having said that, the sentences either got better or I just got used to them towards the end.
More proofreading is a must with this book as there are some words missing completely, some words are mixed up and some words with the last letters missing and it's only logic that tells you what these words are supposed to be. Even though there are some spelling errors in the book they are nowhere near as atrocious as the errors in the description, which I personally think needs writing again properly. Some of the words spelled incorrectly in the description are actually correct in the book, but most people won't see that because once they read the description they won't go any further as they think the same level of writing will be in the book. One serious irritant was the use of "you've" instead of "you have".
Did I finish the book? Yes I did, I wanted to see if the good guys won (I'm not telling though, you'll have to read it for yourselves). Did I enjoy the book? Yes I did that too, but would have enjoyed it a lot more had it been edited etc. properly. Would I recommend it? No, not in it's present format. Would I read another book by this author? Yes I think I would, but hopefully better quality work.
With some attention this book could be pretty good, but as it stands now it's not so good.

STEALING POWER: A powerful psychological crime thriller (A Detective India Kane & AJ Colt Crime Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 2 Jun. 2013
I only downloaded this one because it was free and I thought I'd give it a try. I was honestly expecting it to be more of the same really, but I was in for a surprise and wouldn't have objected to having paid for it. It's pretty well written apart from needing a couple of commas here and there and I only found one obvious spelling error, which I suspect was down to the spell check more than anything.
Not going to give a synopsis because I hate it when reviews tell you all about the book when that's already in the product description, but I will say it kept me guessing and turning pages right until the end. I'd eventually sort of worked out who done it by about 85% but couldn't be sure until the last pages and that alone for me makes a good book. Will I read more by this author? Definitely, and I'm already waiting for his next book.
I've given it 5 stars because for me it pushed all the buttons I want in a Crime/Mystery/Thriller book and for a debut book it really is excellent.

Climate Control
Climate Control

4.0 out of 5 stars Climate Control - a very good read, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Climate Control (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as a freebie at the weekend, and would have been quite happy had I paid for it. I found it to be well written with no obvious formatting or spelling errors. The plot was interesting and very believable and appeared to have been very well researched. My only complaint, which is something and nothing really, is that some of the characters seemed far too sugary sweet. I will certainly buy more from this author when he publishes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2013 9:56 PM GMT

The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (The Time Hunters Saga Book 2)
The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (The Time Hunters Saga Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity., 5 Dec. 2011
I bought this after reading Time Hunters , which is the first one in the series and thoroughly enjoying it, and am very pleased to say I enjoyed reading this one even more. It's aimed at children which is great and I would let my child read it without any qualms, but I think it's just as good for adults to read as it's a good fun book without being condescending. I won't go into detail because it would spoil it for people but it involves a variety of characters from pirates to Jack the Ripper,with a few dinosaurs type creatures thrown in, and some awesome gadgets. If you haven't already read this book then you're in for a treat when you do. Really looking forward to the third in the series, and will buy it immediately it becomes available.

Deadly Focus (D.I. Dylan Book 1)
Deadly Focus (D.I. Dylan Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 12 July 2011
This is an excellent book and believable from beginning to end. The characters were realistic and it was obvious the author had experience for the job he was writing about, whilst the attention to detail was excellent. Also mentioned in the book - but not over played - were the staff shortages the police have to deal with when trying to solve a murder and how hard it could be to deal with these shortages when the murder was that of a child.
I found there to be both highs and lows when reading this and have to admit it was one of the few books which have touched me so emotionally it made me cry, but I also laughed a couple of times as well, so it certainly isn't all doom and gloom to read. All in all, I would recommend this book and would certainly purchase this authors work again.

Learn Me Good
Learn Me Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Learn Me Good (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book which surprised me, as I had a few misgivings when I found out it was written as a series of emails.
It is well written and amusing and I just had to keep reading a litle bit more, and was quite shocked when I realised I had almost read the whole thing through.
I personally recommend all parents and teachers of young children should read this if only to find out some of the antics the kids get up to in class.

Page: 1 | 2