Profile for Leone Riello > Reviews

Content by Leone Riello

Leone Riello "Leone" (Italy)

Handel: Complete Organ Concertos
Handel: Complete Organ Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 26 July 2010
Ths is my favourite work about classic music.
And the best performance: it is worth the price!!

Death of a Blue Lantern
Death of a Blue Lantern
by Christopher West

2.0 out of 5 stars A tale after a chinese holiday, 26 July 2010
I was looking for a book telling a good crime or mistery tale, but also telling about china and chinese people today, cause I fell in love with Xiu Xialong's "Death of a red Heroine".
I found this book ugly. Because it seems it's written after a two weeks holiday in China, to collect some typical chinese stuff to be written down to decorate a story, which itself is quite far from beeing gripping: there some hints about some kind of involvement of Triads and some corrupted burocrats inside Comunist Party, and some smuggling that seems to be copied from Gorky Park (like suggested in the front page).
Poor till not worthing the time to read it.

Death of a Red Heroine
Death of a Red Heroine
by Xiaolong Qiu

5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant window on china, 13 Aug 2009
This review is from: Death of a Red Heroine (Paperback)
This is my first qui xialong's novel, and it was a marvellous surprise. The suggestion came from top 10s Sampson's asian novels (The Guardian). It's a gripping pleasant crime story and much more than that. He takes you by hand through modern China, presenting its people, history, problems, landscapes and culture. Ispector Chen will make you love chinese food and cousine: believe me sometimes while reading this book I felt hungry, and for istance willing to try "the dragon and tiger dish"!!!
Among many other books that try to talk about China, a fashion argument, this is a book written by a truly chinese author, who cares to make his beloved country understood by outsiders.
I really suggest this wonderful book.

Vanish: (Rizzoli & Isles series 5)
Vanish: (Rizzoli & Isles series 5)
by Tess Gerritsen

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping like a claw, 19 Feb 2009
This is the first for me from Gerritsen. And it was a superlative experience, it's truly gripping, sometimes hard, but really unputdownable.
And at the end something remains inside, it's not like many thriller/crime tales that when you reach the end, you feel a relief but also a sense of emptyness....it's like good wine, which taste persists after swallowing.

A Picture Of Britain - Complete BBC TV Series [DVD] [2005]
A Picture Of Britain - Complete BBC TV Series [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ David Dimbleby
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Feb 2008
I'm from Italy, and my wife was born in England and lived there more than 20 yrs. I began to love Great Britain year by year, journey by journey, and I want to say as outsider, that this opera simply sang every cord in my heart according to my feeling of love towards this fantastic country.
Really well made, and very original showing pictures near beautiful and fantastic landscapes.
Really enjoyable at any time
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2009 8:52 PM GMT