Profile for Michelle Precious > Reviews

Content by Michelle Precious

Michelle Precious "mrspresh" (Hertfordshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Click 'n Learn Remote
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Click 'n Learn Remote
Price: 7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Little Ones, 26 Mar 2014
This rather solid toy is bringing amusement into my six month old sons life. It has a little bit of weight to it but he manages to hold it very well. The buttons are sensitive to the touch bringing about lots of sounds from music, songs and numbers. The buttons being mashed together will end up with all the sounds trying to come through and interrupting each other, which although entertains my little one this might end up annoying parents.

The only thing I can really fault it for is that the sound is rather loud. It does have a volume up and down button for children to play with but its lowest isn't all that low and it's very sensitive to the touch (we almost constantly hear "volume up!"). Really it could do with an override button like the on/off switch for parents to set a volume.

The Simpsons - Season 5 [DVD] [1990]
The Simpsons - Season 5 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Dan Castellaneta
Price: 11.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Season Let Down By Dodgy Batch, 4 Jan 2014
Bought this for Hubby at Christmas and unfortunately found that the third disc was faulty and couldn't play properly. Amazon themselves were brilliant and swiftly exchanged the item, but unfortunately again had the same fault (something that another customer experienced earlier on in the year) making me believe that Amazon currently have a dodgy batch of this DVD. Cannot get another exchanged so have been refunded instead.

To avoid disappointment don't order until this has been resolved.

Medela Pre-Sterilised Pump & Save Breastmilk Bags
Medela Pre-Sterilised Pump & Save Breastmilk Bags
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Freezer Storage, 29 Dec 2013
We originally used these bags after my husband picked them up via the amazon vine programme. Typically we wouldn't have gone near these due to the price of them, but because of the quality of them we decided to go back to them after briefly using a budget brand.

I highly recommend them for freezer use, due to their smaller size, which for us easily is enough room for a single 4oz (120ml) feed, which doesn't take up much freezer space. Making it much easier and less of a mess when defrosting plus reducing the risk of wastage after defrosting. Have not had a single problem with them defrosting, with no tears or leaks.

Although I do have the medela swing pump which is compatible with these bags I haven't used them as I produce more these bags can handle. But I do find it very easy just to pump into a bottle and to decant it into the bags.

My tips for these is to turn the bags upside down after sealing (making sure that the seal is fully closed beforehand) to check for any leaks prior to freezing, as well as to freeze them in an upright position before moving them around.

X-Men Destiny (Wii)
X-Men Destiny (Wii)
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As It Sounds, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: X-Men Destiny (Wii) (Video Game)
I purchased this originally through pre-order and at the time this was a well awaited X-Men game. I have to say that despite the former hype it proved to be a let down. The storyline wasn't particularly thrilling, and the graphics were lacking which was a surprise considering how long it was in production. Gameplay itself was annoying, as some moves that were obtainable through certain wii remote motions proved to be plain awkward to achieve.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Complete Starter Kit
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Complete Starter Kit
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Start, 5 Nov 2013
This set has been a complete blessing for my Husband and I. This is worth every penny, and thankfully is cheaper to get online than it is directly from shops. Both the bottle warmer and sterliser are quick and easy to use. The amount of bottles in variety are a good and helpful mix. There is really not a thing that I can fault this on.

The Banana Splits - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
The Banana Splits - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jeffrey Brock
Price: 9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic Fun, 5 Nov 2013
Bought this as a gift for my older brother, and the look of surprise on his face said it all. He loves it to bits, and is waiting for his baby nephew to get that much older so he can show him the fun of the 70's.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual Breast Pump
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual Breast Pump
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for casual use, 2 Oct 2013
Bought this so I could express at a later date to make days out easier, and ended up using it a mere 4 days after giving birth as my son and I had trouble with latching on. It proved to be an absolute god send.

I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use if you intend to exclusively express as you will end up with an achy hand as well as getting bored.

Overall it's comfortable, and used right you can express a lot of breast milk in a few minutes. My first attempt I managed 60ml in 5 minutes. Greatest amount (after a bad engorgement) was 90ml in 10 minutes (from one breast!).

You do need to be upright in order to get the best out of the pump, as well being able to hold it firmly against your breast. Long slow pumps gets the best and greatest amounts.

The only complaint I have is that it does have the tendency to leak from the cup if your suction isn't all that firm. Something which can happen if expressing in the middle of the night.

65cm (26") Yoga Ball, Gym Ball, Fitness Ball, Pilates, Core, with Free Pump in 3 Colours By Macallen TM (Silver)
Offered by EROLLING
Price: 6.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Does As Required, 30 July 2013
Purchased this as a birthing ball and so far I'm liking it. Okay the pump is not the greatest and barely worked at all, and the size is not as described (55cm and not 65cm, but since I'm only 5'1 it's perfect height for me). It's a non slip one which is great on my laminate flooring. A perk for me but probably not others is that it has a particularly strong plastic smell (I can't get enough of it, so consider it a strange pregnancy thing).

Baby Tips for Dads
Baby Tips for Dads
by Simon Brett
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Humourous Gift, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Baby Tips for Dads (Hardcover)
Bought this as a mini gift for my Husband (Father to be) as a little something from our unborn child. Full of funny dos and don'ts accompanied with amusing illustrations. Some of the jokes can even be put to good use.

Babyliss for Men 7436Gu Cool Britannia Mains Clipper Set
Babyliss for Men 7436Gu Cool Britannia Mains Clipper Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than Expected, 15 July 2013
Bought this as a present for my Husband, as his last shaver didn't last long at all. Can happily say that it cuts through his rather thick hair quickly and smoothly without tugging or causing pain (unlike a much higher priced competitive brand) even though it sounds like it's not going to be that powerful at all. Barely have to go over the same area at all. The sound isn't particularly loud which is a nice thing. Only tiny things is that the cord isn't extremely long but can be easily rectified with an extension cord, and that is doesn't come with a brush to rid of fallen hairs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3