Profile for Cheshire-angie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
2.5 LITRE STAINLESS STEEL WHISTLING KETTLE
2.5 LITRE STAINLESS STEEL WHISTLING KETTLE
Offered by homelivinguk

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken on arrival - over-complicated mechanism for opening the spout is a weak point, 14 April 2013
This item was unusable upon delivery as the mechanism/lever on the handle for opening the purer, didn't work, so the purer lid stayed closed and you would not be able to get the water out. Looks like a spring was loose as after I put it back in the box to return it, a small spring fell out. My particular item was badly made, although I know that many people have placed good reviews for this product (which is why I bought it). However, I personally will be replacing it with a different model as I'm not convinced that this won't happen again. The spout opening mechanism is unnecessarily complicated for a simple kettle, and anything complicated can always go wrong. I will look for a model where the level to open the stoup is NOT inside the handle mechanism and controlled with a spring, (that can't be replaced without taking the kettle apart). It only needs a lever on the spout or no level at all. The company I bought it from responded apologetically immediately and are collecting it tomorrow and as soon as I get my refund I'll give them a good review for service.

Replacement Black Leather SWATCH Watch Strap 17mm
Replacement Black Leather SWATCH Watch Strap 17mm
Offered by HARTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 1 Nov. 2012
This is perfect. Having checked that my Swatch was a 17mm first (having read other reviews where people have complained that their strap did not fit), I expected it to fit perfectly. It did, and it now looks like the watch is new. In fact it looks a bit better than the original leather strap, yet is looks genuine and not like a later addition'! It was a little difficult to fit (5 minutes)and needed a very small screwdriver and a pointy-nosed pliers. However. very professional final look and much cheaper than going to a shop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2013 9:29 PM GMT

iZKA® - 3 Pin USB 1A Charger UK Wall Plug for MP3 MP4 players, iPod, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, Apple iPad, Tablet, Mobile Phones, PDAs,TomTom, Navman, Garmin, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Nokia and digital cameras etc - Black
Offered by technoplay ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 8 July 2012
It charged my shuffle effectively and my shuffle continued to work fine afterwords. This may not seem like much, but having read some of the reviews for some other USB chargers, this seems to be a rare thing! The 'power on' light is very bright, much brighter than it needs to be (or my old one). However, I'm not taking off any stars for this because it does not affect quality or functionality, but you may not want to charge your ipod in the same room as you at night if such things bother you!

Glimmerstick Diamond from Avon SMOKEY DIAMOND EYELINER
Glimmerstick Diamond from Avon SMOKEY DIAMOND EYELINER
Offered by Goldweave Cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars OK once I realised it was Kohl and not felt!, 24 Dec. 2011
I thought that this was a felt based product, like my last one, as that was what it looked like in the picture, but it appears to have a kohl centre which feeds through a plastic pen-style casing, no mention of kohl in the description. I found that if you fed it through more that a very tiny bit, the whole thing snapped off. I lost quite a bit this way on several occasions to start with. I have got used to it now and am wary to not press too hard or I may lose some kohl. The product looks good when applied.

Kitchen Craft KCBMUSLIN Home Made Butter Muslin - White
Kitchen Craft KCBMUSLIN Home Made Butter Muslin - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 15 Oct. 2011
I agree with all the other feedbacks so I won't write much. It is large enough and strong enough to do the job, I used it to press the juice out of apples). I gave it some rough treatment trying to get the juice out and it was still in perfect condition at the end.

Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD)
Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves lots of time but not perfect, 13 Oct. 2011
I wanted to convert language lessons I had bought as PDFs, as they each took up 9 pages and I could fit them onto 4 by copying and pasting onto word, but this took ages. I had 60 lessons to do. I quickly gave up, and thought I'd try this very cheap software instead.

The software was easy and very quick to install, although they do try to get you to go to a website and 'register' before they put up the installation options on the screen - so just give a false or old email if this happens, and remember to un-tick the usual boxes that result in junk mail.

The software worked very quickly on each document, the conversion took a couple of seconds. The results were pretty good overall. It kept font formats. It also separated the graphics, although the handles for selecting the graphic seemed to be much bigger. However, you could still perform the usual graphics operations in word (move and delete etc).

My only disappointment was the fact that it retained the hard returns at the end of each single line, I was hoping for word wrap so I could widen my margins and get more words onto a line. So although you can just narrow your top and bottom margin with no problem, you can not do anything about the right margin, unless you manually go in and delete each hard return on each line on your own and this can take ages. Because of this I only managed to get my 9 pages into 6. NOTE - you can select a 'no line breaks' option - but you then lose all line formatting (headings subheadings etc) and end up with one massive paragraph as it can't make a distinction between a line break followed by a blank line (which is a heading) and a line ending within a paragraph.

It will recognise tables, and reproduce their appearance, but will copy them as two columns with the table lines being a separate graphic, which you can move around separately. This is fine if you do not want to add to the table or edit it in any way.

In summary - it's cheap, quick to use, and it works well so it is worth buying, but I'd pay more for something that would remove the hard returns, yet keep the layout, if this were possible.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2011 4:10 PM GMT

Tomtom ONE UK Car Charger
Tomtom ONE UK Car Charger
Offered by ChargerCity

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - lasted 2 months, 27 July 2011
This really was not very good. It lasted a couple of months and then I had to get a new charger. One day, I plugged it in and nothing happened. I tried my husband's charger and it worked fine on my TomTom so I bought a new charger and that is still working, so there was nothing wrong with my TomTom. Often cheaper products are just as good, but in this case for me I wasted my money!

Por quererte
Por quererte

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this song!, 12 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Por quererte (MP3 Download)
Spanish group. Sung in Spanish. This group are from Malaga. They sound a bit like the Pretenders, (voice of Chrissie Hynde sound).

Año Zero
Año Zero

5.0 out of 5 stars Lively music, 12 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Año Zero (MP3 Download)
Spanish group. Sung in Spanish. A bit 'punky' sounding but very melodic music. I was just going to buy a few tracks, but listened a few times to every track and liked the whole album so purchased it all - it was worth it. One of the members used to play football for Real Madrid and started playing and writing after a bad injury. He did the right thing!

Don't Die Wondering
Don't Die Wondering

5.0 out of 5 stars New talent, 26 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Don't Die Wondering (MP3 Download)
This is performed by a talented new singer/songwriter. Easy to listen to and nice lyrics. He has been writing a blog for a long time and done some interesting things, in addition to gigging around the country. I think we should give people like this a chance to break through so that they can develop their future talent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5