Profile for K. Johansen > Reviews

Content by K. Johansen

K. Johansen "luvmusic" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Magic Mike [DVD] [2012]
Magic Mike [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Expected much more from Channing Tatum, the dvd is now in my chairty shop pile.

Zicac Mens Leather Shoulder Bag Handbags Briefcase for the Office Messenger Bag (Black)
Offered by Kastone electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Price And Quality., 3 Sep 2014
Prior to buying this bag I looked at a similar bag in a very well known store - I did not like it so much and it was almost double the price of this bag.

I found some of the reviews laughable and wonder if they received the same product. I find the quality excellent and it is definitely leather.

Dusty: An Intimate Portrait of a Musical Legend
Dusty: An Intimate Portrait of a Musical Legend
by Karen Bartlett

3.0 out of 5 stars A GIFTED BUT TROUBLED WOMAN, 26 July 2014
I put off buying this book as long as I could but perhaps Dancing With Demons prepared me for what lay in the pages.

It still hurts me that such a lovely woman and wonderful performer had such a troubled life which all seemed to start when she moved to America.

There are several errors in the book, mis-typed words etc which should have been corrected by the proof reader but a glaring mistake was mis-spelling Tommy Hunt's name as Tommy Hart, it was not even a spelling error as the same mistake was in the alphabetical index at the back.

I got the impression that the author used too much information from other books on Dusty and did not access the archives.

Another thing which irked me was the book was mainly focused on the bad years of Dusty's life, I would have enjoyed more paragraphs on the more pleasant side of Dusty's life and the nice things she did for her fans.

Whatever harm Dusty did to herself I still believe she was a good and decent person blessed with a wonderful voice and the ability to express the greatest emotion in her music, it's a pity she lacked confidence in her unique talent although I understand she did finally believe how good she was as she matured.

Dusty gave us so much pleasure over the years with her voice, her music and her cheery disposition, it's sad to think she was often deeply unhappy herself.

Lou Rawls - The Very Best Of
Lou Rawls - The Very Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars LIQUID VELVET VOICE, 7 July 2014
18 wonderful tracks from the late and much missed Lou Rawls that will give the casual listener a taste of what Lou was capable of and then you'll want to hear more.

10 way CD DVD CASE with sleeve (4 pk)Excellent Quality
10 way CD DVD CASE with sleeve (4 pk)Excellent Quality
Offered by Media Replication

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 7 July 2014
These cases are what I have been looking for to house a series I recorded some years ago, very pleased with the cases and the service and would definitely use this company again.

The Milk Shows
The Milk Shows

3.0 out of 5 stars FOR AVID FANS ONLY, 6 July 2014
This review is from: The Milk Shows (Audio CD)
I have been buying Bobby Darin records since the vinyl years but this one made me feel disapponted,

Bobby only sings part of each song and athough he sings well I've heard him in better voice.

There are many better cd's by Bobby Darin on the market.

All I Have To Do Is Dream
All I Have To Do Is Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to listen to and excellent for background or driving, 4 July 2014
Richard Chamberlain is an outstanding actor, as a singer he gets by - his vocals are very pleasant but he lacks individual singing style and sings the songs very straight with no fuss.

Good to listen to and excellent for background or driving, having only heard a few of his songs in the 60's his vocals are actually better than I remember.

Selected Solo Works
Selected Solo Works

5.0 out of 5 stars HEAVEN ABOVE ME, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Selected Solo Works (Audio CD)
Heaven Above Me is the title of one of Frankie's albums which I always enjoyed.

Having already reviewed The Four Seasons set I will be in Four Seasons Heaven for a long, long time.

Frankie has made countless great records both solo and with The Four Seasons and I have been a fan since first hearing Sherry,

All Frankie's great solo tracks are included on this set, Grease, You're Ready Now, The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, My Eyes Adored You etc:

My thank to Rhino Records for making both these sets available.

The Classic Albums Box
The Classic Albums Box

5.0 out of 5 stars FOUR SEASONS HEAVEN, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Classic Albums Box (Audio CD)
I am working my way from the later albums to the earliest, I have most of their albums but some were on vinyl like Streetfighter which is a favourite of mine - The Book Of Love is brilliant.

It's interesting to note the Four Seasons really progressed over the years and did not get stuck in a musical rut.

The Live On Stage is rather strange, nothing wrong with the vocal performances but if it is indeed a live recording the sound of the audience is weird as they sound like they are in another room.

It will take a little time to work my way through this wonderful set but for now as an avid fan I am in Four Seasons Heaven.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 10:49 PM BST

Trespass [DVD]
Trespass [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT THRILLER, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Trespass [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best films Nicolas Cage has made in a while, well worth watching.

Real edge of the seat stuff!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20