Profile for K. Johansen > Reviews

Content by K. Johansen

K. Johansen "luvmusic" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Southland: The Complete Fifth & Final Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ C. Thomas Howell
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB, 28 Jan. 2015
One of the best Police shows ever with brilliant actors especially Michael Cudlitz as office John Cooper.

This series did not portray the officers as always being the good guys, they were flawed but it showed them as human with feelings about their kids etc and trying to be a father and a good officer.

Maybe it was a good thing to end it on series 5 before it got stale, however I have worked my way through the whole series and watched the final episode today - I won''t give the ending away but it took me by surprise.

Partners
Partners

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE ALBUM, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Partners (Audio CD)
I have always liked Barbra Streisand but stopped buying her albums awhile back as I was no longer enjoying what she recorded - however I am glad I bought this new album as it really is very good.

I especially liked the duets with her son Jason Gould and Josh Groban.

Perhaps it's time to check out some of the albums I missed over the years?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2015 9:52 AM GMT

My Dream Duets
My Dream Duets

4.0 out of 5 stars JOB WELL DONE, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: My Dream Duets (Audio CD)
Having bought Barry's records and seen him in concert over the years the idea of this album did not excite me even if it did include one of my favourite singers (Dusty Springfield),
However, having just listened to it I am very pleasantly surprised and as expected from Mr. Manilow it is a very professional album you'd think the artists had been in the studio with him.

I had to laugh at the comments made on the Judy Garland & Marilyn Monroe tracks - there is nothing wrong with them. I grew up listening to Judy and she sounds fine to me. I also re-listened to Marilyn Monroe after reading that review and think that person should invest in a new sound system.

Yes Barry's age is showing on some notes but he still sounds better at 71 than I did at 17!

Start Over (Extended Edition)
Start Over (Extended Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 10 Jan. 2015
Having recently bought and listened to this I could not believe it was the same group.

Comparing their previous cd's to this latest album I find it more pop orientated and lacks the strength and depth which their previous cd's had. However there are some good tracks especially Amazed.

The worst thing about this album is it gets off to a weak start but gathers strength with each song. It is a change of style for Blake but the singing is still top notch.

However if you are new to the talents of Blake better to start with an earlier album and work up to this one.

Madeline Bell - Madeline
Madeline Bell - Madeline
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars MADELINE AT HER BEST, 4 Jan. 2015
I have had this cd since it was released and have played it to death, it's an absolutely stunning album with some wonderful vocal performances from Madeline.

The duet with Tommy Blaize (from Strictly Come Dancing) is superb and I was lucky enough to see them both perform it at Ronnie Scotts some years ago.

Every track on this album is great and Madeline should be very proud of it.

Quartet [DVD]
Quartet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL FILM, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Quartet [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this film was great, special mention must go to Tom Courtenay , Paulie Collins, Billy Connolly & of course Maggie Smith who are excellent. I never like Billy Connolly as a comic but as an actor he is wonderful..

The humourhad me laughing out loud, one of the best and nicest films I've seen in a longtime.

Home for Christmas
Home for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CHRISTMAS ALBUM EVER, 26 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Home for Christmas (Audio CD)
This is one of the most beautiful Christmas albums I have ever heard.

Susan's voice is so pure and clear. The Little Drummer Boy with The Overtones is great as is O Come All Ye Faithful with Elvis and the duet with Johnny Mathis of his standard When A Child Is Born is also a standout. Infact every track onthis album is perfect none more than the closer MIracle Hymn.

Susan should be very proud of this abum.

That's Amore - a..
That's Amore - a..

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD EARLY TRACKS FROM DEAN.., 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: That's Amore - a.. (Audio CD)
When I placed my order I had no idea of the track listing so on arrival I Was pleased to see one of the tracks called The Magician was included - having bought that many years ago on a 45 it became one of many Dean Martin favourites but is quite a rare track.

What more can be said about Dean, he's the king of cool and is a legend!

8 Classic Albums
8 Classic Albums

5.0 out of 5 stars THE KING OF COOL, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: 8 Classic Albums (Audio CD)
What more can you say about Dean Martin? He had one of the most recognisable relaxing voices ever and is a legend. To have eight complete albums on this box set is wonderful.

Neotechs® Revolving Rotating 4 Tier Arc 40 Capsule Coffee Pod Holder Tower Stand Rack for Nespresso®
Offered by Neotechs

2.0 out of 5 stars I have contacted the seller for a refund as the ..., 28 Nov. 2014
I have contacted the seller for a refund as the Dolce Gusto Pods are too large to fit into this holder.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20