Profile for Rohan Diego > Reviews

Content by Rohan Diego

Rohan Diego "Riego" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sleeping Dogs - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Sleeping Dogs - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Bark & Bite!, 6 Sept. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Games are so pricey these days - it baffles my mind how a mediocre film spin-off can cost the same as a really polished and accomplished game. It means that buying games for me has become an expensive gamble. Because of this I've only purchased 4 games in the last two years...this will be the 5th. And I'll tell you why...

Usually I HATE games such as GTA as I find the controls, the timed-missions and general senselessness unappealing and overly frustrating. Comparisons to GTA are unavoidable as this an open-world game with guns, cops, sexy ladies and dialogue that'll make a nun cry - but that's where comparisons end. This game is far superior.

First reason is the combat - often a button-bashing affair has now become something more intelligent. Each enemy that you encounter has specific strengths and weaknesses so you have to approach EACH one with caution. If you try grappling everyone and accidentally grapple an enemy who is a pro in this field...well you will be kissing concrete and death more than you'd like to. This adds to the excitement of each fight and means that it wont get so repetitive - the fight scenes are intense but you have to pay attention to who you are fighting at all times.

The second reason is the story - while it isnt unique by any means the characters and dialogue get you engrossed to such a degree that you REALLY feel empathy, sadness and anger. Games dont usually affect me like this and it is an outstanding achievement that this one has. The developers have spent a ridiculous amount of time and effort forming and world that immerses you in Hong Kongs criminal underbelly. You will be on the edge of your seat during certain chases, cut scenes and revelations!

Give this game a go, it really is something else.

Pros:
Combat
Chase Scenes
Learning curve
Story
Capturing the spirit of Hong Kong
Suspense

Cons:
Buggy in places

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars INSANE POWER!!, 10 Aug. 2012
Before I get into how incredibly mind-blowingly awesome this tub of greatness is, let's have a little background info, shall we?

I started my body transformation journey 5 months ago, training at home in my room (I have a modest gym set-up going on...pull-up bar, weight bench, squat rack and tricep dip station) I've been eating my 6 meals a day, supplementing with creatine and taking my essential fats in the form of flaxseed oil..oh and i'm taking my daily vitamin tablets like a good boy too. And even though I have been making gains something was missing - namely, "intensity".

When you work out at home with no spotter, pushing yourself to the absolute limit can be daunting. You know you want to do that extra rep but the thought of the weights falling into your neck and taking away your ability to exist is all too real.
That's when I decided to try C4! Now i thought that product was GREAT...but then I realized that it wasnt and the only indication that it was actually working was the tingling sensations i felt on my face and arms. It didnt actually increase my focus or intensity at all..it just tasted really REALLY good.

Then while on YouTube I heard of THIS badboy...and being the ever impressionable youngster that I am, I purchased it...

MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!

After yanking the parcel from the postman I ripped it open and took 1.5 scoops of this in water. The taste itself is interesting - it definitely tastes like berry lemonade with a little bitter aftertaste - but I actually like it so no worries there.

After just 20 mins I started to feel...different. It was as if I was very much aware of everything and every move or thought I had was achieved with remarkable clarity. I shrugged this off as me being silly and put it down to the placebo-effect.

But the feeling didnt go away, instead it intensified! 35 mins in, I was ready! There was no tingling, no heart thumping, nothing like that - just a sense of incredible mental energy and focus and the feeling of being (don't laugh) invincible.
I put my music on and rode the wave of energy that was circulating through me!

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!

That day I was doing legs (squats, deadlifts, lunges, calf-raises) I kid you not - I DOUBLED the weight that I usually squat and did SIX sets instead of 4...I DOUBLED the weight of deadlifts and did SIX sets instead of 4...I DOUBLED the weight I usually lunge with and did FIVE sets instead of 3 and I did so many calf-raises that I lost count. And the most INSANE thing is, I did it with ease! If I was offered a tenner to do the same again straight after, i wouldve done - no questions asked.

I dont know what is truly in this stuff but it is truly amazing. God bless teh scientists who created this wonderment!

If you struggle with intensity issues, buy this and do NOT hesitate. It will change the way you train for ever!

...I can only imagine what will happen if I decide to take 2 scoops...Lord help us!

5*s baby!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 9:30 PM BST

Xbox 360 250GB Console
Xbox 360 250GB Console
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Eating my own FACE!, 4 Feb. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Hello again folks,

So my old Xbox died, it was a sad sad day! I even had a funeral for her (no, seriously I am that sad)

But the crying didnt last long (26 minutes in fact... American Dad chased away the pain - sarcasm and innuendo always does that to me)

Ok what am I saying?

Oh yea, so this piece of equipment is AWESOME, like actually awesome. It looks so slick as if it were carved from some sexy black moon rock! The buttons are touch sensitive and it purrs like a kitten. It is 1000 times better than its predecessor (RIP)

The fact that my old machine (RIP) had only 20gb is laughable now...(RIP) This BEAST has 250gb - which is certifiably insane. So many demos and movies - so little time...

"Sorry, did you hear that?"

It was the sound of your social life vanishing down the back of your sofa.

SO, If youre looking for a games console then look no further - this is it!

I was so pleased with my purchase that I ate my own face!

Crest Whitening Plus Scope Minty Fresh Toothpaste 235 ml
Crest Whitening Plus Scope Minty Fresh Toothpaste 235 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars My Teeth have a Super Power!, 4 Feb. 2012
....and that super power is being completely annoying in their refusal to whiten!

I have tried Blanx, Baking Soda, Blanxing Soda, Sandpaper, Voodoo and a whole array of other whitening remedies and none have done the trick.

(Of course I could just take the plunge and spend £1000 on laser whitening but the discoloration of my teeth isn't THAT important...it's just a mild annoyance like that of a fruit fly or a wife.)

So how does this toothpaste fare?

It is without doubt the best whitening toothpaste that I have tried as it most definitely DOES whiten teeth - which is far more than I can say for the other "remedies" that Ive tried (wasted money on).

That being said, the results seem to plateau after about 3 weeks use, well they did for me at least. I suppose that this is my only gripe as I would have liked to see longer lasting results.
However, I do think that my teeth are just very resistant to change so If your teeth are better behaved you may have more astounding results.

GOOD LUCK - it's worth a try.

3 stars baby!

RIPCORDS Resistance Bands - Power Tension 5 Pack
RIPCORDS Resistance Bands - Power Tension 5 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Final Destination Eye Loss Wuss Boy, 4 Feb. 2012
It's important to say that I had put off buying these bands for the best part of a year. Reason being, after watching Final Destination all of those years ago I still have the unshakable paranoia that even the most unassuming piece of equipment will somehow malfunction and end up killing me. These are after all super strong elasticated pieces of rubber and the thought of losing an eye or tearing half my face off due to backfire crossed my mind more than once.

But then I decided to grow a pair and order them like a REAL man!

They arrived and I did think that they looked a lil cheap and the look from my Dad after he saw them didnt help. He even quipped that Id be better off tying several elastic bands together. Anyway I ignored him as I always do and decided to test them out.

I was still rather hesitant so, no word of a lie I donned some protective glasses that I use for DIY and decided to stretch the green band(medium strength tension)as far as it would go and when I realized that I STILL had both my eyes and both halves of my face I smiled and nodded in silent approval (and relief)

THE REAL TEST:

Having the arrival of these bands coincide with my Bicep/Tricep workout was rather handy and I put them to good use...or maybe that should be the other way around? These things are the REAL DEAL. I work out solely at home and never have I had such an intense arm workout!

I suffer from weird elbows meaning that they crunch and crack a lot, it makes for a great party trick but doesnt help much when you have weight behind your head trying to work your triceps. Of course the Rice Krispy sounds are still there when using the bands but on a previous scale of 10, the sounds and discomfort have been reduced to a 3! My triceps are finally getting the workout that they deserve! These things are incredible.

I would have given these 5 stars but it is still early days in regard to their durability so in about 6 months I'll review this post and amend if necessary.

So if you are being a wuss and are overly hesitant about purchasing these, I suggest you stamp on your Collectors Edition Final Destination DVD and order these immediately!

4 stars baby!

HTC DESIRE HD "S" CURVE GEL CASE / COVER / SHELL / SKIN - PURPLE, WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by ClickJunkie

4.0 out of 5 stars it is "S" shaped but NOT for the Desire S, 1 Aug. 2011
So...

the HTC Desire S = amazing
this case = amazing
realising it was just "S" shaped and NOT for the Desire S = not amazing
remembering my Dad has a HTC Desire (not Desire "S") = amazing
pretending i got it for him all along and receiving praise = amazing

* so just remember that this case is for the HTC Desire and NOT for the amazing Desire S (it's just "S" shaped at the back...it's a great and sturdy case though...with side grips and everything....awesome)

have fun ; )

Bongo Space Club
Bongo Space Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Bongo Spaced Clubbed!, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Bongo Space Club (MP3 Download)
I found out about this guy on YouTube - he makes extremely trippy music!
This track is one of my favourite:
It's noisy yet smooth, it's retro yet futuristic and it gets your body moving like some possessed puppet!

5* baby!

Butter
Butter

5.0 out of 5 stars Pass the Hovis!, 11 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Butter (Audio CD)
This album is insane!
It will grab you and shake you until you bleed glass and glitter all over your mums brand new rug!
I took a chance and purchased this album purely because of the album art, I had no expectations, I hadnt even heard of Hudson or his Mohawke before...
This guy really is from another planet. The beats are jagged, the synths are confused and the structure is almost non existant but it works and it never stops working! Im not even sure what genre of music this is but I dont care!
Take a chance and let him save you from yourself....kinda like a prehistoric digital Mother Teresa from the future.

Top three:
1.Fuse
2.Gluetooth
3.(the rest of the album)

5 stars!

The Strangers [DVD]
The Strangers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liv Tyler
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch the news instead, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Strangers [DVD] (DVD)
This film is pointless! The tension that is built in the first half hour is fantastic but is all rendered a waste of time when presented with an ending so stupid, it's as if the director gave up and let his 3yr old son complete it.
don't waste ur time or money! if all you want to do is see and hear about bad things happening to innocent people then youre better off watching the news!

Godchild
Godchild
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliance!, 17 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Godchild (Audio CD)
Perfection from start to finish! I'm not sure whether it's the butter-smooth production, the playful lyrics or Joy's seductive vocals - but this album is a treat!

You will feel so uplifted after listening to this. she even does a little auto tune on one song and manages to make it sound fresh and funky!

this is a very talented lady!

you will love GodChild!