Profile for Max > Reviews

Content by Max

Max (England, Milton Keynes)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chicken Little [DVD] [2005]
Chicken Little [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Mark Dindal
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Has Became Better!, 28 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Chicken Little [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Ever since Pixar left Mickey Mouse & Co. (a.k.a: Walt Disney) I never thought Disney Enterprises would never make a computer-animated movie of their own, but out "hacthed" out of Disney's egg, "Chicken Little", and when I was going to see it, I was a bit worried if it was going to be good and Disney, and I was very suprised...
THE FILM WAS WONDERFUL! The characters were wonderful, the story & plot was wondrful, and the humor in it was wonderful! It was very clever how Disney made a tiny fairy story: Chicken Licken look look a hilarious epic! And, Disney used real-life situations to stretch the story out, and that was very clever too.
I think evetybody will go "clucking" mad for this film, and love it! See it!!!!!!

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride [DVD] [2005]
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! I felt very tearful, but laughing my head off!!!, 8 Jan. 2006
Corpse Bride is such an excellent Tim Burton movie masterpeice! After seeing this wonderful movie,I LOVED IT! It has an echo of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas flowing in the movie, but it was still great!!!
The story and plot was quite sinister, but very clever! The characters were very adorable, and the songs written by Tim Burton's favourite composer: Danny Elfman were memorable! Our Tim Burton adventure starts here, in the depths of an European country where a young man named Victor Van Hort (voiced by Tim Burton's most acclaimed actor: Johnny Depp)is getting prepeared for an arranged marraige with a women called Victoria (voiced by the world-famous Emily Watson). Victor and Victoria dont like each-other, but the parents wont let them make their own choices, but Victor runs off into an Gothic forest, and practises his marraige vows, but he carelessly places he wedding ring on an enchanted tree stump, and the Corpse Bride (voiced by the wonderful Helena Bohnam Carter) drags him to the Land Of The Dead, and an colourful but dark adventure lies ahead...
It is an unforgettable movie for any age, my sister loves the movie, and has got the soundtrack of it!!! Please see it, folks! You'll love it, like me and my sister do!
From a giant Roald Dahl/Wallace & Gromit fan:
Max William James Keogh, aged 12

Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas (PS2)
Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome To Halloween Town At It's Greatest!, 27 Dec. 2005
Having loving Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas animated movie musical, my dad brought it for me on Xmas day, and it was GREAT!!! I'm extremely thankful that the dark-minded: Tim Burton, the Disney-related: Buena Vista Games Company, and the best-selling games company: Capcom kept it very true to the movie, and I'm espically thankful that Danny Elfman (composer of The Nightmare Before Christmas movie and video game) wrote song lyrics to the game and the levels will keep Tim Burton fans occuiped.
I LOVE JACK SKELLINGTON IN THE MOVIE AND VIDEO GAME!
From a gigantic Roald Dahl & Wallace & Gromit fan:
12 years old

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Peter Sallis
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Comical Wallace & Gromit Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 12 Nov. 2005
Well, when I saw this movie it was AWESOME! It was very witty, had thousands of old and new characters, and teaches two meaningful morals: "Stick together and love is never wrong!"
Our funny story starts here in a nothern town where Wallace and Gromit are getting ready for the Giant Vegetable Contest, but a kindly hearted lady called Lady Tottington has a unknown crush on the friendly Wallace, but an evil hunter called: Victor Quartermaine has a hidden crush on Lady Tottington, and wants to get Wallace done in and he sends rabbits to get Wallace and Gromit confused, but will Wallace and Gromit save the day?... See it at your cinema to find out what happens next...
From;
12 years old

The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 5 Nov. 2005
This is a fablous retelling of Charles Dickens's black story: A Christmas Carol. This is wonderful because, it tells Charles Dickens's immortal story in a much more fun and entertaining way. And the Muppets stick to the soul of the original book. Micheal Cane is fablous as the evil Scrooge, so buy it for any Charles Dickens fan or Muppet fan!!!

Cinderella [Special Edition] [DVD] [1950]
Cinderella [Special Edition] [DVD] [1950]
Dvd ~ Ilene Woods
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars A Much More Gothic Disney Story!, 28 Oct. 2005
To me, when I saw this movie, much younger it was a lot more gothic than Walt Disney's other classics! The reason it was a lot more gothic, was because of the two evil stepsisters and the mother and the music was a little gothic as well!
We all know the fairy tale of Cinderella's adventures, that she lives with two evil stepsisters and her black-hearted mother. And they are jealous of Cinderella's good looks, until the prince of the town ivintes the ugly stepsisters to the party, but then the Fairy Godmother lets Cinderella escape buy going to the prince's party! But the Fairy Godmother warns Cinderella at the stroke of twelve she will turn back into a women in rags, get the Disney DVD to finds out what happens next...

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!: Mini Edition (Dr Seuss Miniature Edition)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas!: Mini Edition (Dr Seuss Miniature Edition)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars 'He himself, the Grinch stole Christmas!', 22 Oct. 2005
This is a glorious Dr. Suess tale! This story pokes out a few reminders of Scrooge, but nevertheless this book is the one for beginners! 'Dr. Suess's How The Grinch Stole Christmas' is about a black-hearted creature called, The Grinch and he loathes Christmas and he wishes to take Christmas on, and destroy this festive season! Until one dark night he has a wondeful, awful idea to steal Christmas once and for all! But will his evil plan work? Let's hope not...
Here's an extract from the story so that you have a few helpful hints so you know what the theme of the story is:
'The Grinch hated Christmas, the whole Christmas season!',
'Now, please don't ask why, no-one quite knows the reason!'
'Maybe because his head wasn't screwed on just right,'
'It could be perhaps that his shoes were to tight,'
'But I think the most likely reason of all'
'Maybe his heart was two sizes, two small...'

Revolting Rhymes
Revolting Rhymes
by Roald Dahl
Edition: Turtleback

5.0 out of 5 stars Roald Dahl is the king of children's stories!!!, 16 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Revolting Rhymes (Turtleback)
I'm Roald Dahl's biggest fan and I adore his books! I've every single one of his merchandise, from A-Z, and when I grow up I want to be a pouplaur author like Roald Dahl, when I grow up. But, when I read this, I laughed for hours on end! Happening to have read Dirty Beasts, I heard there were two other versions which were, Revolting Rhymes and Rhyme Stew, but I instead I got Revolting Rhymes and Revolting Rhymes is one of my favroite Roald Dahl books. So buy it any number one Roald Dahl fan like I am!
From Roald Dahl's biggest fan;
Max William James Keogh
P.S: I hope I'll be a famous children's author like my hero Roald Dahl!
I'm 12 years old
From Roald Dahl's biggest fan,
Max William Jamesc

The Nightmare Before Christmas (Special Edition) [1994] [DVD]
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Special Edition) [1994] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Elfman

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Halloween!!! Halloween and Christmas!!!, 16 Oct. 2005
I'm not a huge lover of the dark-minded Tim Burton, but I like some of his films such as, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (based on my hero's book, Roald Dahl), Frankenweenie and others follow but I must say when I saw this film is spellbinded me and now it is one of my favroite Tim Burton films. Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas is about a lonesome skeleton called Jack Skellington and he is the mythical Pumpkin King, but he grows bored of the same old things, he desprately wants something brand-new to happen in his repeative life. But until he wonders of into a hidden forest and tracks down Christmastown, and then he tells all of his gothic friends all about Christmastown until he steals Santa Claus, (Jack calls him Sandy Claws) and the he takes over Christmas... But then suddenly Jack the Pumpkin King soon discovers that things and as good as they seem and the hoilday sprit of Christmas brings you together...
From a huge Roald Dahl fan,
Max William James Keogh
P.S: I want to be a famous author when I grow up like Roald Dahl!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!: Yellow Back Book (Dr. Seuss - Yellow Back Book)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the movie!!!, 16 Oct. 2005
'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' is one of my favroite Christmas books of all time. It is lovely, it's sweet, easy-reading (as the the rhyming Dr. Suess always does) and it's a little bit like 'Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol'. The Grinch loathes Christmas, and he always wants to ruin it and until he plots to STEAL Christmas! Will his sinsister plot work? When I saw the film entitled simply, 'The Grinch' I adored it, but when I read the orignal Dr. Suess book, it profoundly and strangely took my breath away!!! This should be recommened to any Dr. Suess, or so to speak, 'The Cat In The Hat' fan! Dr. Suess is one of my favroite authors as well as Roald Dahl!!!
From a humongous Roald Dahl fan:
Max William James Keogh
P.S: When I grow up, I want to be a author like Roald Dahl!!!
Age 12