Profile for Davida Brent > Reviews

Content by Davida Brent

Davida Brent "Andrina Millman" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Fargo - Season 1 [DVD]
Fargo - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Bob Thornton
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series !!!, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fargo - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
After getting the 'Breaking Bad' box set for Christmas - and being blown away by the quality of that - I have been finding it extrememly difficult to watch much of the drivel on television at the moment
Then - along came 'Fargo' - just when I needed it most !!!
Loved every minute of this . Fantastic cast (including BB's 'Saul' Bob Odenkirk) - quirky script full of dark humour - I waited with bated breath for each new episode and was never disappointed . Fabulous ending too
Seems odd to review a DVD which hasnt been released yet - but the series is great and I will be getting it when it is available

Episodes Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Episodes Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt LeBlanc
Price: 9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, 31 May 2014
I absolutely love Episodes. Been watching since the beginning and in my opinion it just gets better and better !
Well written and each and every character has been perfectly cast - especially the actor who plays Matt Le Blanc :))
Had to get the first two series on DVD and have watched both of them a lot - still enjoyable - still make me laugh
I am currently watching series 3 and loving how things are developing - look forward to the dvd release in July

Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: 16.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A Work of Art, 2 Jan 2014
My son got me the boxed set (1-4)for Christmas. Started watching on Boxing day and after treating myself to the last two season 5 DVD's I finished the Breaking Bad story on New Years day !!!
Haven't binge-watched a tv series like this ever before - but the twists and turns of the plots had me hooked from beginning to end

Superb casting, scripts, settings, direction and production . Walter White's fascinating journey from " Mr Chips to Scarface " ( the creator Vince Gilligan's words not mine )and its effects on his family and Jesse made me watch 'just one more' episode after 'just one more' episode.

When I started watching Series 1 on Boxing day my son said he was 'so jealous' of me because he knew what was in store for me - after a very special spell of viewing I totally understand his feelings.

America has been producing high quality. gritty television shows of late - have enjoyed watching a lot of it - but this is my favourite offering - by a mile

Wimbledon: 2013 Official Film Review [DVD]
Wimbledon: 2013 Official Film Review [DVD]
Price: 10.03

4.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change !!!, 9 Nov 2013
As someone who watches a huge amount of televised men's tennis I found the twists and turns of this years Wimbledon Championships a welcome change . The top players are SO good and SO consistent that all too often the results are predictable (especially during the slams )with the usual suspects reaching the final stages of competitions and winning them . Although the men's final ended up with the (then) worlds top two players battling it out for the title - there were plenty of surprises along the way to keep fans and the players on their toes !!!. The women's championship was even more shocking - but I enjoyed seeing the spotlight land ( albeit briefly )on the charming and powerful Lisicki and unorthodox and entertaining Bartoli

I agree with a previous reviewer that this DVD could have been longer - I would have appreciated more coverage of men's, women's and doubles matches as the championships progressed but I still enjoyed watching it - a competent reminder of the 2013 Championships which resulted in a historic win for Andy Murray in a final that had me glued to the edge of my seat on that gloriously sunny Sunday

Andy Murray: Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory
Andy Murray: Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory
by Andy Murray
Price: 18.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 8 Nov 2013
So different from his first book - this is more a coffee table style read - filled with beautiful photography. Enjoying reading it and looking at the many photographs a great deal .
Great to have a pictorial record of Andy's wonderful triumphs at the Olympics, The US Open and of course Wimbledon .
Considering the quality of the publication this book is tremendous value for money in my opinion and was delivered on the day it was released ( had it pre-ordered )
I don't have a kindle - but even if I did I would want this in book form - just to savour the wonderful photographs
Delighted with my purchase, the value and service from Amazon
Wish Andy many more victories when he recovers from his injury and gets back to business !!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2013 7:24 PM GMT

Wimbledon: Official 2013 Gentlemen's Final - Novak Djokovic vs Andy Murray - Double DVD: The Complete Final [DVD]
Offered by Good Guys Media
Price: 9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Wimbledon Final, 6 Aug 2013
Been a tennis fan since the early 70's and an Andy Murray fan since he arrived on the ATP tour so this was a no brainer choice for me !!! Watched the final live - but its great to have the DVD to watch - as and when I want to - with a cool head !!! The DVD has full coverage of the warm up, the match and presentation ceremony - with the BBC commentary team (Boris Becker, Tim Henman and Andrew Castle) taking over when play starts.

Although Andy ended up winning in straight sets it was by no means an easy or one sided victory - because of the swings of momentum the match had sufficient tension to keep both sets of fans on their toes !!! Even when Andy was serving for the match - a Novak fightback was always a possibility - he has done it before !!!

So all credit to Andy for getting past the post and rewriting another piece of British tennis history !

Congratulations to Andy , his family and training team . The lanky cramping teenager has been transformed into an impressive, powerful sportsman . Admire and respect SO much the dedication and work ethic which has brought this change about - with the help of his team - who Andy always acknowledges in his speeches . The Centre Court crowd were magnificent - really added to the atmosphere during the match and I thought Novak , his parents and coaching team were most gracious after the match - Novak with his speech and his parents and team all taking the time to congratulate Judy Murray

Great match - great victory - will watch over and over again !

Wimbledon - Classic Matches - Murray Vs Gasquet [2008] [DVD]
Wimbledon - Classic Matches - Murray Vs Gasquet [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wimbledon Classic Matches

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 30 July 2012
Really enjoyed watching this match again. Entertaining stuff although obviously not as nail-biting as watching it live all those years ago. Andy has been so consistently at the top of his sport for so long now that I had forgotten that Richard Gasquet was the far higher ranked player when this match was played.
I watch Andy playing tennis all the time - and have seen him winning many tournaments - all over the world - but there is something special about watching the Wimbledon centre court crowd getting behind him in this DVD - incredible fight-back - amazing victory. Delighted with my purchase

Seve : The Definitive Story Of A Golfing Genius [DVD]
Seve : The Definitive Story Of A Golfing Genius [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seve Ballesteros
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars So entertaining !!!, 17 Aug 2011
Cant compare this to any other golfing DVD's - as I haven't watched any - but I can say that it is very enjoyable, very entertaining and very interesting !!! Like another reviewer mentioned I could quite happily have watched another couple of hours of Seve magic . The DVD is a fantastic mix of golfing footage with Seve and plenty of other well known golfing faces reflecting on his career and magical touch with a golf club ! His unbelievable skill , fierce competitive nature added to his obvious love of the game of golf and his magnetic looks and charisma made him the ultimate sportsman - and if a young Seve burst onto the scene nowadays he would create a frenzy amongst todays world of sponsorships , endorsements and advertising !!!
Worth every penny - and delivered quickly by Amazon. Absolutely delighted with my purchase

Lola Rose 'Alicia' Necklace, Single Stand Berry Jade Smooth And Faceted Beads With Faceted Heart Pendant

5.0 out of 5 stars Berry nice !, 16 Jun 2010
Gorgeous necklace in the fantastic 'berry' shade. Delighted with the product and the speed of delivery. Many thanks

Michael Jackson's This Is It [2 Disc Collector's Edition] [DVD] [2010]
Michael Jackson's This Is It [2 Disc Collector's Edition] [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Michael Jackson
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 3.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixture of feelings!, 26 Feb 2010
I saw 'This Is It' at the cinema and have now watched the DVD and I must say I have experienced a mixture of feelings. A couple of years younger than Michael - I grew up listening to the music of initially 'The Jacksons' and then Michael.
I never got to see him live - but have watched recordings of his amazing performances.

At his peak Michael Jackson was the ultimate performer on stage - amazing songs (most of which he had written himself) - unique voice - superb dancer and he surrounded himself with fantastic vocalists, musicians and dancers. In my opinion the most complete entertainer ever. He was a seamless mixture of innovation and good old fashioned song and dance man! Although he didn't enjoy the physical challenges of touring - his professionalism and quest for perfection kicked in and his audience reaped the rewards.

'This Is It' is proof that he remained a perfectionist - and that inspite of his inevitable physical decline (the natural ageing process combined with his abuse of prescription medication ) he was in the advanced stages of putting together a show which would highlight his remaining abilities and camouflage his limitations. Quite simply - if he had been able to pull it off - the concerts would have been unforgettably spectacular.

I say 'if' - because he did look painfully thin and therefore comparitively frail during these rehersals. Its also impossible by watching the various edited clips to know how long his rehersal sessions were actually lasting. Was he able to string large chunks of the show together ? - or was he resting between individual performances? The easy option of course would have been for Michael to have completely 'dumbed down' the physical aspect of his performance -but to his credit he wasn't taking the easy option.

I felt very emotional watching the footage- I was reminded of his talent - I was reminded of his demise . The biggest positive for me was that the O2 concerts sold out so quickly and Michael had tangible proof of the loyalty of his fans before his untimely death.

Page: 1 | 2