Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz
Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what the big deal is, 20 Jun. 2014
Lots of publicity about this book and positive reviews but to be honest I don't know what the hype is all about. A well written and researched account of two differing people's lives - in effect lightweight biographies of both but nothing more. Interesting but I expected more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2014 6:25 PM BST

Sub Sports COLD Men's Thermal Compression Baselayer Leggings / Tights - Large, Maroon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value - good compression and warmth, 6 Feb. 2014
I thought I'd give these a go rather than fork out double/treble the price for some Skins. Can definitely recommend them. Have kept me really warm on cold training runs and provide a nice compression fit without being too restrictive. I agree with some other posts that the leggings are far too long. I'm 6'3', bought a large and they would easily fit someone 6'5'. However, although the bottoms are a bit scrunched up, I personally don't find this a problem.

My only gripe is the constriction around my gentleman's area. Now, I'm not suggesting I am some latter-day Dirk Digler but for the first couple of training runs I experienced significant discomfort to my old chap leading to regular manual re-organisation. Much to the alarm and disgust of some respectable young ladies taking an evening stroll. However, I can report that after a couple of washes and some stretching of the fabric they are now a more supportive fit and I am no longer in fear that the next couple of months of marathon training are going to seriously impact on my ability to father children.

Neo G ITB Strap (876) with Medical Grade Silicone Insert for Vibration Dampening
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Might work for some, not for me, 6 Feb. 2014
I have been suffering from ITB syndrome since my last marathon. Bought this to give it a go as it was a potentially cheap alternative to bio-mechanic testing which is what I had been discussing with my physio due to my symptoms not improving.

It might work for some people, however, did nothing for me. In fact made my symptoms worse due to more pressure on the IT band so I can't provide a positive review. What has completely reduced my symptoms are some new, more structured trainers and physio/massage therapy every now and then.

Also, comes with no instructions on how to wear it.

Sony SANS410 Wireless Speaker
Sony SANS410 Wireless Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, 15 Jan. 2013
I live in a small flat so wanted something to replace an old hi-fi. As myself and my girlfriend are pretty apple orientated and generally play music via itunes on the laptop, I wanted something that was wireless. Didn't see much point in getting a dock which will be redundant pretty soon and, although I'd love to, I don't have the finances at the moment to go nuts on a Bose/B&W/Sonos/etc system. After much searching and listening to various models I plumbed for the Sony and am delighted with it.

The setup was really simple and I have itunes on the laptop and two iphones connected to it. The sound is rich with a decent base and fills the room very well. I could easily use this for a party and be happy with the loudness and quality of the sound produced as well as having it for normal listening. Having listened to the more high-end systems I, personally, don't see the value in spending 150-200 quid more. The sound quality and depth is more than good enough for my needs and you'd have to go much higher in price to find something better. For example, the non-wireless standard Bose ipod/iphone dock is 180 quid and has far inferior sound to this.

All in all would very much recommend to anyone looking for a good wireless system.