Profile for London65 > Reviews

I Often Dream Of Trains: Bonus Tracks
I Often Dream Of Trains: Bonus Tracks
Price: 8.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Great When You're Dead (or Alive)!, 17 July 2014
I bought this LP back in '88 after hearing it on cassette on my way to a Frank Zappa gig at Wembley Arena.
My first impressions were that certain songs were quirky & humerous (eg, Furry Green Atom Bowl, Sounds Great When You're Dead & This Could Be the Day)) and that it was maybe a 'spoof' album. However further listening opened up my musical mind and I realised how varied & versatile the songs were.
Mr Hitchcock without a doubt has such a rich vocabulary & delivers such beautifully clever songs (I Often Dream of Trains, Trams of Old London & Cathedral) and proceeds to do so on all his albums.
Please buy this CD & indulge!

Where's Your Caravan?: My Life on Football's B-Roads
Where's Your Caravan?: My Life on Football's B-Roads
by Chris Hargreaves
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A Legend & a Gentleman, 26 April 2014
I had the pleasure of reading this whilst holidaying on Rhodes last summer. Chris has had a great playing career and although we were relegated today he will help to inspire us to greater heights. A dedicated gentleman who works & plays hard. You must read this book!

Playing The Moldovans At Tennis
Playing The Moldovans At Tennis
by Tony Hawks
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Great Life, 20 Jan 2014
I have just read this book after purchasing it at a Tony Hawks book signing at Hay-On-Wye last year. He gave an hours talk on the making of the film version of Round Ireland With A Fridge. What a really funny, very charming and all round nice guy.
Having read the book EVENTUALLY (slow reader) I must admit that he is a master of comic prose without trying too hard. Nice one!

New Music For Amnesiacs - The Essential Collection
New Music For Amnesiacs - The Essential Collection
Price: 13.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparks Fly, 12 Dec 2013
Sparks have since their birth evolved through the musical cosmos as one of the most creative and influential bands ever to exist. Constantly re-inventing themselves whilst never losing their focus or sense of humour they have provided 40 years of pure pleasure.

Thank you & keep flying high.

My Struggle
My Struggle
by Paul Merton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Genius, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: My Struggle (Audio CD)
Paul Merton is a genius as this cd clearly shows. I owned this on cassette and now I'm thrilled to have upgraded. Classic.

AM
AM
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still At The Top, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
AM is making waves and deservedly so. The band have crafted an album that is slick whilst also cheeky and still providing rawness to boot. Pick any track at any time and you won't want to stop listening to the rest of the tracks. Pure gold.

Live At Wembley Stadium
Live At Wembley Stadium
Offered by MERLINMOOSIKDE
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Majestic Display, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Live At Wembley Stadium (Audio CD)
Who on earth could ever compete with the magic that Freddie displayed. He held his audience and blew them away. All this and a band of gold!

Now That's What I Call Music 1991 - Millennium Series
Now That's What I Call Music 1991 - Millennium Series
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 1991, 27 Sep 2013
Prompt delivery. Good album with a great mix of hits. Not the greatest year in musical history but certainly had variety.

No Direction Home: The Soundtrack: The Bootleg Series Vol. 7
No Direction Home: The Soundtrack: The Bootleg Series Vol. 7
Price: 19.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring & Progressive, 5 July 2013
Another chapter in the wonderfully inspiring and (mostly) progressive story that is Bob Dylan. Here lies the the rougher edges of what was undoubtedly Bob's most sucessful period. Absolutely spot on.

The Very Best Of Neil Diamond
The Very Best Of Neil Diamond
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond? Forever!, 9 Dec 2012
A song writing talent on a par with Dylan, Lennon/ McCartney & Ray Davies. Neil Diamond has a voice that charms, soothes & that feels comfortable like a good and trusted friend.
Songs that evoke memories of childhood and long summer days. Thank you Neil and don't ever stop.

Page: 1 | 2