Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Offered by TopgadgetsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Linux, 21 April 2014
Works with my linux desktop and that's why I bought it. I'm not sure if it's faster or stronger signal than others but it definitely does the job for me.

I Am Legend (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
I Am Legend (S.F. MASTERWORKS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic of its type, 21 April 2014
I Am Legend is a classic of a type of story that I quite enjoy. That is the "explained" supernatural. It basically takes vampires but puts them in a pseudo-scientific context. I imagine when this was first published this was fairly ground-breaking. I've seen it done several times elsewhere, occasionally better, in other books, TV and movies. But this is a perfectly fine example. It's also got that last-man-alive post-apocalyptic thing going for it.

A few details feel dated - it's coy about sex for instance - but I think still very readable.

QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet by MCPOWER
QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet by MCPOWER
Offered by verydeal

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but..., 21 April 2014
It works but it's got a couple of issues. First is that the indicator light that something's not quite right (the green one) flashes occasionally. I've learnt to ignore this as it does it spuriously. Second is - and this is not a problem with this item so much as items of this type in general - I really need an app to tell me when it's fully charged so I can turn it off. After all it works by induction, which basically means it's generating heat.

Having said that this is fine, especially for the price.

All My Friends are Superheroes
All My Friends are Superheroes

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, short, fun, 21 April 2014
A friend lent me this book a while back. I'm glad it did as it was a fun read. It's short and simple. It takes place in a world of many many superheroes with different powers. This is a trope I feel like has been overdone but I first read this a few years ago and it was fresher then. Worth a read.

Kingston Technology 32 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, 21 April 2014
Looks nice and works. Not sure what else you can ask from a flash drive. I guess I could wait a while and see how reliable it is over time. But it does the job for which I bought it (transferring files) and it's shiny. That's enough for 5 stars in my book :)

The Elephant in the Room: A Tor.Com Original
The Elephant in the Room: A Tor.Com Original

4.0 out of 5 stars Good characters, well drawn relationship, 21 April 2014
I'm a fan of Paul Cornell but I don't really know the Wild Cards universe - though I have got the first anthology. So it's perhaps unfair to judge this story without the wider knowledge.

That said, my impressions were this: I enjoyed it. There were some interesting character details. However overall it felt a bit flat. Nice picture of a couple of difficult relationships though.

LG Google Nexus 5 Green Black Running Adjustable ArmBand Case Cover with Key / Money Pocket
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Minor Issues but Overall a Good Armband, 4 Dec. 2013
I like this armband. It does its job - it keeps my phone safely on my arm when I'm running.

It replaced another armband - which was for another model phone. One minor niggle is that I wear it on my left arm (being right handed) and the previous armband strap fastened on the inside whereas this is on the outside - which is a little more fiddly to fasten. I used to set up my running app with the phone in my hands, press go and then attach it to my arm. Now I have to attach to my arm and set up the app from there - otherwise it takes too long to fasten it. But that's really a minor thing.

Another small issue was that the slot at the top was very snug - in fact I had to rely on the stretch of the material as it wasn't technically wide enough to slot the phone in easily. I adjusted this by cutting it back and widening the slot a little. It's still snug and not in any danger of falling out but it's easier to slide in. Honestly though I'd rather it was too snug and had to be adjusted like this than the other way.

Overall I'm happy with this armband. At the price it's excellent.

Also it's green. I like green.

VicTsing Slimport MyDP to HDMI HDTV Adapter Cable For Google Nexus 7 II 2nd Nexus 4 E960 Nexus 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 Dec. 2013
I love this item. It allows me to use my phone to stream movies and TV, play youtube clips and so on. Basically an app that I can run on the phone I can throw the display up on my TV. The picture quality is great (assuming the source is).

Now you could argue that what I'm really loving is the ability the phone has. That's true but it's the additional of this simple gadget that unlocks that. Highly recommended especially for the price.

Doctor Who: Nothing O'Clock: Eleventh Doctor (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts Book 11)

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Little Story, 4 Dec. 2013
I've got a couple of Gaiman novels on my TBR list and his "Doctor's Wife" episode of Doctor Who is one of my favourites of the new era.

This isn't quite up to that standard but it's very good. Strong idea, well executed and he captures the eleventh Doctor well in the dialogue I thought. It was also quite visual and it would have been nice to see it as an actual TV episode, although it covers some ground they've done a couple of times I suppose.

Definitely a worthwhile read for Gaiman fans and Whovians alike.

[Bamboo]Apple iPod Nano 6 6nd 6G 6Th Smart Aluminum Metal Watch Band Wrist Kit Cover Case For Apple iPod Nano 6 6nd 6G 6Th,BLACK
Offered by KEPUCH

5.0 out of 5 stars How Could you Not Love It, 20 Nov. 2013
Since I've had a smart phone I've not used my ipod much. It's a shame because it's a nice one that I got as a replacement from Apple over the battery issue.
Anyway I just really like the concept of using it as a phone and this works well and is a relatively cheap way to do that.

One caveat: you have to sort of screw the ipod into the case with these kind of bolt things which you tighten. This makes it very secure but it means it's not something where you can quickly slip it out if you want to use it without the strap for a while.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12