Profile for Don Panik > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 657

Don Panik (Cambridge UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HAVIT HV-H927BT Bluetooth Headsets, Bluetooth V4.1 In-Ear Sport Headphones, Wireless Stereo Earbuds, Noise Cancelling Sweatproof Headset for iPhone/ Android Phone, Black
Offered by SBOX Store

4.0 out of 5 stars They were not the perfect fit for me., 25 Jun. 2016
I was provided with a sample of this product in exchange for an honest review.

I have owned a lot of earphones, and I love the convenience of Bluetooth, but I am admittedly a bit fussy when it comes to sound quality. For this style of earphone the need to get a snug fit in the ear canal is paramount if you are going to get decent bass response. I generally find that the medium size buds fit me. For sports earphones such as these, getting a fit that stops the earphone either completely dropping out or just shifting a bit (which can badly affect the bass response) is key. These ‘phones have an additional soft rubber fin that tucks into the fold in the ear and add that extra layer of attachment. This works well and is much more comfortable than those that hook around the ear.

In use these were fairly easy to pair up (took a little longer than some others – but that could have been down to the device they were being paired with). The three control buttons are small and it took me a while to get a feel for the controls. That said everything worked as it should be and the on/ off and pairing voice prompts are all in English. They came partly charged I think – in any event they were fully charged after an hour and seem to still be charged after a few hours use. Range is the normal 10m or so. They seem fairly robust, and in particular the lead is flat and they sit comfortably around your neck with the mic/ control at a sensible height for making telephone calls. The mic whilst having a fairly low sensitivity seems to work well – certainly on phones call people could hear me as normal.

So to the music reproduction. This was the weak spot as far as I was concerned. On the medium size buds I couldn’t get a good enough fit to get a decent bass response. 3 sizes of earbud (and fin) are supplied so I went up to large and that was much better, but still not perfect. That surprised me because the fin does give extra stability and these feel like they should stay in place. The earphones themselves only have 6mm drivers so that is going to limit the frequency range and the sensitivity is only low to average as well – so you are going to have to turn up the volume a bit, which can risk some distortion. Using 320 mp3 files I would say that the music reproduction was acceptable, and when I adjusted the fit a bit it actually sounded good. I think that these may fit others better than me – and to that extent the final experience of using them may vary from one person to another. Bearing in mind that I am used to using earphones that cost 10 times what these do, and that the fit may be a personal thing, I am just going to deduct one star – and even that may be a little harsh considering the price!

Overall, these are a well presented product, they have a very comfortable fin for extra security in keeping them in, and 3 sizes of bud and fin are supplied. They are easy to use and look like they will last. I think the majority of people will be very pleased with them.

D'Addario NB1253 Nickel Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light
D'Addario NB1253 Nickel Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used D'Addario phosphor bronze previously and have always liked them. To my ears these are even better. They look like electric strings being silver, but you soon get used to that. They go into tune easily and seem to pretty much stay there from the off - impressive. Tone wise these are pretty warm. They do a hybrid set with heavier bottom end which I think I would prefer - I put these on a Yamaha APX5 - which I thought sounded slightly thin at the bottom end acoustically (not noticable when amplified). Top end is not overly bright. Some people love the sound of new strings - but I prefer these which sound like they have been played in for bit. These are a tad expensive - but are worth it I think - and do seem to stay sounding good for longer.

Overall these are a great addittion to the D'Addario range, and may well be my string of choice here on in.

Mitre Pursue Professional Match Netball - White/Magenta/Purple, Size 5
Mitre Pursue Professional Match Netball - White/Magenta/Purple, Size 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Edging towards professional match ball quality, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a sound club level match ball, which offers a high level of finish. Mitre have a great range of net balls, and this is towards the top end. You get a ball of the correct weight, fast and with excellent grip - it is worth the extra over and above the other match balls that Mitre offer.

Mitre Squad Rugby Match Ball - White/Red/Blue, Size 5
Mitre Squad Rugby Match Ball - White/Red/Blue, Size 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a grip, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think this is more of a training ball than professional match ball, but it is of the regulaion weight and size and would be perfectly adequate at school or junior level. It has a great grip and is of the standard 4 panel construction. Attractive, hard wearing and easy to keep clean. It seems to keep its pressure well and should provide many hours of play. When you consider the very reasonable price, this is a bargain.

Rapesco ECO A4 Pivot Clip File, Assorted Colours - Pack of 5
Rapesco ECO A4 Pivot Clip File, Assorted Colours - Pack of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product - but not the best value currently, 24 Jun. 2016
These are very good polypropylene files that can hold upto 20 sheets of 80gsm paper. I have used similar design files for many years and they are quick to fill and just as easy to remove the papers and use again. The colour coding is helpful, but in fact works just as well if the covers are clear and the clips are coloured. There may be a premium payable for the bio-degradeable element, but at the current price of about 2 pounds each they are expensive. Other products are available at half the price. Indeed Rapesco's own product is quite a bit cheaper at the current discounted price. I like these a lot, but if you are stocking up and watching the costs then look elsewhere.

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Total Clean
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Total Clean
Offered by Kiara World

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought a 5 in 1 could be, 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the idea of a 5 in one product, but I wasn't expecting that it could be as good as the individual products that are designed for the specific purpose. In fact although I usually use a combined shampoo and conditioner, and rarely bother with shower gel, I wasn't convinced that could act as a moisturiser at all. In practice I think my scepticism is justified, this is not going to replace that particular product. That said this is a good product if you are travelling and don't want to take multiple bottles with you. In use it is pleasant to smell - but nothing out of the ordinary. It lathers well and doesn't leave any residue in your hair. Overall I am pleasantly surprised.

Scotch 'Precision' Scissors - 20 cm, Grey/Red, 1 Pair
Scotch 'Precision' Scissors - 20 cm, Grey/Red, 1 Pair

4.0 out of 5 stars these are good - but a little expensive, 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You will need some scissors to get these out of the packaging, but that aside these are good. Comfortable and sharp. They cut through paper and card very effectively. There is nothing wrong with them, but currently they are expensive compared to other scissors of a similar quality.

Mitre Ultra Grip Match Netball - White/Cyan/Orange, Size 5
Mitre Ultra Grip Match Netball - White/Cyan/Orange, Size 5

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't really go wrong with this, 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reliably informed by a netball player of my acquaintance that this is a very good ball. It offers good grip, keeps its shape and pressure once inflated, and seems to last well in normal conditions. Being of matchball quality this is a step up in quality and price from the training balls that sell for about a tenner.

Mitre Intercept Training Netball - Size 5, White/Black/Cyan
Mitre Intercept Training Netball - Size 5, White/Black/Cyan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for training, 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reliably informed by a netball player of my acquaintance that this is a very good ball. It offers good grip, keeps its shape and pressure once inflated, and seems to last well in normal conditions. At around a tenner this is good and you could buy a bag of them. Works equally well as a ball for chucking around in the garden, and with smaller sizes available, this could be a favourite.

BenGoo EACH B3505 Multifunctional Professional 3.5mm Audio Output 4.1 Version Bluetooth Headband Gaming Headset with Microphone/Volume Control/HiFi/NFC Function For iPhone Samsung And Other Android Smart Cell phone(Not Compatible with XBox/MP3 Players/360/PS4/PS3/Laptop Computer)-Black
Offered by BenGoo Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are very good, 20 Jun. 2016
I received a free sample of these headphones in exchange for posting an honest review.

I was warned before I received these headphones that they were on the small size – but in fact I don’t think they are. Certainly I have a large head and these were comfortable for me. The initial impression of these ‘phones is good, in that they come in a nice retail package. They have decent instructions and include a charging cable and an audio cable for use as normal wired headphones if you so desire. The style will be a matter of taste, but I can confirm that the finish is good. Everything feels solid and smooth and gives a sense that these are of good quality.

They were very easy to pair up with a couple of devices that I tried them with. I have not tried them extensively in telephone mode – but everything works as you would expect, and I had no complaints that the microphone reproduction was anything less than expected. As for music reproduction: I had fairly high expectations. The frequency range at 20HZ-20,000HZ is very good (this is now beyond my range of hearing unfortunately). The music reproduction was actually rather impressive considering the price point. They are a little bass heavy – but nothing that a slight tweak on the equalisation couldn’t sort. Being closed back these can feel a little claustrophobic, and I personally wouldn’t want to wear them while I was out and about moving around – because you get very little external sound. The plus of that of course is that it won’t annoy you fellow passengers. Overall I would say that the sound over blue tooth was clear and acceptable, and there was no appreciable improvement when done over the wired – suggesting that the Bluetooth 4.1 is doing its job well. I can’t comment on battery life – I haven’t managed to get them to run out yet – so 8 hours playing music at medium level looks like a realistic claim.

Overall I am very happy to recommend these Bluetooth headphones. If you like the style, then you will not be disappointed by the presentation and performance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20