Profile for Pete MacLeod > Reviews

Logitech 2.1 Speaker System Z623
Logitech 2.1 Speaker System Z623
Offered by PCSuppliers

4.0 out of 5 stars The Crunch, 22 Jan. 2011
Right I'm gonna come straight in with the bad..

I think it's down the the amplifier in the Z623 but as soon as you turn this unit on you can hear hiss of the 'floor' being over amplified. I have these set up close range on my desk at home so it is apparent. When you get blasting some music though you will not hear it.

I expected for the price of these they wouldn't do that. I have some Z2300 at work and you have to put your ear right next to them to hear it. I researched online and it seams that Logitech have changed the components since the Z2300 to cut the cost of manufacturing.

THE GOOD!

These speakers sound awesome. From Drum n Bass, Dance, Rock, Metal & Acoustic the clarity is great and the bass pounding. Also blasting the star wars sound track has to be done! (Available on Spotify!) They are THX certified after all..

The sub is smaller than the Z2300 so is more friendly for leg space under the desk. I also prefer having the volume controls on the right satellite opposed to being on a separate control. Keeps desk clutter minimal!

Conclusion. I shall be keeping these speakers but am still a bit annoyed by the hiss. The overall sound of these make up for it.. hey maybe it acts as a dither and adds more clarity... oh well I will leave it up to you to decide.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2012 1:24 PM GMT