Profile for Clark > Reviews

If You Leave
If You Leave
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait! Brilliant!, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: If You Leave (Audio CD)
The first two EP's are excellent, so I eagerly awaited the full length debut, for what seemed like an age. It lived up to all I was hoping for. Brilliant, charming, compelling, ethereal, mellow, wonderfully produced and performed. I absolutely recommend If You Leave, and I'm looking forward to hearing it live next month in Birmingham.
Daughter are getting a bit of love from all around (BBC, music press etc), so next big thing? It seems so and utterly utterly deserved. Buy it!

The Wild Youth - EP
The Wild Youth - EP
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The best EP so far, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Wild Youth - EP (MP3 Download)
This is my fave of the EPs so far. Gorgeous, deep and slightly heavier in parts. Looking forward to the full album!
For fans of Florence and the Machine, Bat for Lashes and Kyla Le Grange.

His Young Heart
His Young Heart
Price: 3.16

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely mellow indie, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: His Young Heart (MP3 Download)
Fans of Florence and the Machine, Bat for Lashes and Kyla Le Grange should enjoy this record.
This is the mellowest of the two EP's. It's deeply pretty, relaxed and sits wonderfully with the breathy vocals.
I really recommend Daughter. Hope to see the full album soon! come on guys!

5 Star Punched Pocket Polypropylene Top-opening Portrait A3 Ref 4899P10 [Pack 25]
Offered by Don Ruffles
Price: 5.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Careful where you order from, 10 Jan 2012
The item is ok in itself, it has a light textured finish to it, with a slight opaqueness that is not noticeable when artwork is in there. They are also slightly larger than A3, so its quite a loose fit.
Although having ordered a pack of 25 as I thought, I actually received 10 loose pockets lightly dented in a jiffy bag from seller SBS Cosumables via the market place, one to avoid.
I personally would not bother with this product again as there are better alternatives.

SteelSeries MERC Keyboard (PC)
SteelSeries MERC Keyboard (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 1 Aug 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've given time for me to adjust to this keyboard before submitting a review. Just like replacing an old worn and incredible comfortable pair of trainers, change can be a bit painful for awhile when replacing gaming peripherals. I'm going to review the different aspects of this keyboard separately.

The main keyboard is good, 7.5/10.
The keys do seem to have a bit of travel, but they are responsive with a nice bounce back. The location of the arrow keys may take some getting used to for some people but there is no where else they could go logically.
My only real gripe is still probably a matter of taste, but I really dislike the delete button in the middle of the numpad area, I wish it was moved to the top next to the backspace as I keep missing it. This is currently the Find and replace button/num7, guess I could change it myself.

The gaming keyboard is great 9/10.
I wish I had brought one of these before, I've been gaming for over a decade on PC and god I wish I had made the change earlier. Its much more comfortable. The keys are very well laid out, lower, responsive and better built than I thought they would be in all honesty as this is quite a cheap keyboard. The dome and concave keys let you know instinctively that you are pressing the right keys.
There was a lot of pain for a couple of weeks as I got used to this layout but thats partly down to me as I have always used freakish keybindings and not WASD, for non-freakish people who use WASD you will find the change much easier I'm sure. You may want to practise offline for awhile to get used to it fully.
The extra quick media player keys at the top are a useful addition.

Software 7/10 [Ideazon Z engine - Rebranded to Steelseries Z engine]
Downloadable from the official site. It's functional and easy to use if a little rough around the edges. I don't use it at all, I do all my keybindings in game specifically so I have little to recommend personally other than the level of customisation is high.

Overall a great product and well worth the price. Better built than I thought. Perfect for gamers.
The more expensive models come with lighting and headphone/mic jacks, nothing that I miss personally. It is slightly larger than a standard keyboard (530x190mm), it just about fits on the pull out keyboard shelf on my desk.
I do completely recommend this product and I would definitely spend my money buying another when this gets worn out!