Profile for Cloud > Reviews

Content by Cloud

Cloud (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Action Replay 2 (Version 2 for PS2)
Action Replay 2 (Version 2 for PS2)

2.0 out of 5 stars As stated your better off getting their latest product (from Datel) for features ..., 29 Jun. 2015
Since were buying an older version of Action Replay we have to be careful and first see if its compatible with our PlayStation 2 model. I already own the Action Replay Max but I was after the Bonus PSX Code Disc that came with it.
Be sure to email the seller first to ask them what exactly the product comes with since most likely its pre-owned. I got sent just the PS2 Cheat Disc, just that on its own without the memory card. It wouldn't load at all so I notified the seller and was issued a full refund.
Thank you.

As stated your better off getting their latest product (from Datel) for features and compatibility, Sony did like to prevent us from using these products.

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii in HD, 24 April 2014
I never knew what to expect with the WiiU i never researched it before i got it so it was a nice surprise if any about the new features. Straight away i liked the look of the console itself (about 10% bigger than the original wii width and height) also about twice as heavy.
The controller is fantastic, with a small screen, if that puts anyone off you can just use the television although it can get distracting with them appearing on both.
I waited till the price came down to about £200 cause i don't think its worth anymore than that. With the Premium Pack you get a free game "Nintendo Land" which can keep you slightly occupied till you get yourself another. There is many mini games and can pose quite challenging.
When the console arrives as it is on basic Operating System Firmware it is perfect but when you connect to the internet and press on anything like Play Game Disc, Wii Console Area (for playing original wii games) or WiiShop they say you have to update in order to continue which should be why i could remove a star but my rating is for the console as it arrived.
The Update took a long time to download, it was rumored to be a few gigabytes. I wish we could choose what we wanted to install and not have it all forced onto us.
For some reason the update changes something in the wii resolution, it was fine before cause the game stretched but now i have to have 4:3 resolution. This can be adjusted if you modify the wii area with a buffer overflow game save but apparently this will avoid warranty. Cant see why as its not effecting the WiiU area.
You dont have to plug everything in or even use the tv so thats great, just power on the console with the controller and your done.
I was so hoping for Wii Games and Wii Virtual Games would work on the screen, which is possible "if" you re-buy the game through the wiishop. Another trick by a typical company getting money out of us. You can get money off of your account already shows you downloaded the exact same game for the Wii which is something but still wrong.
I bought Super Mario Kart (Super Nintendo) for £5.50 from the shop, only to enjoy playing it on the controller, but it isn't widescreen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the future there's a fix for that and also maybe a bloatware remover.
Excellent Console, i have played it more than my PS4. Super Mario Wii U was a lot of fun.

Jet Li - Once upon a time in China & America (Blu ray)
Jet Li - Once upon a time in China & America (Blu ray)
Offered by Nora's DVD Ecke

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluray Version, 21 May 2013
Once Upon a time in China & America Bluray release, I was abit concerned in buying this as I didn't see any other reviews about it, just the dvd version. I was very disappointed with the dvd so I kept my fingers crossed that this was going to be a good improvement, and it was. The video and audio is nicely re-mastered, a huge improvement over how it used to be, just little noticeable grain.
To my knowledge Germany is the only country (between uk and usa) to release this on bluray with English audio as amazon wasn't showing up any others.
The movie starts as soon as you put the disc in, no menu's, no copyright warnings, I actually love this, no waiting around or pressing buttons. You may have to switch to English audio past the Mandarin, Chinese and German, or choose which you'd like.
Theres only German subs, which is quite a problem as when using the English audio only half the movie is in English and the other half is in Cantonese.
Special Features will play straight after the movie, "The Making of" with forced English subs for 25 minutes, photo stills, trailers etc.
Good Release for my collection, 5 stars would of been English subs :)

Friday The 13th - The Original [Blu-ray] [1980] [Region Free]
Friday The 13th - The Original [Blu-ray] [1980] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Betsy Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Friday the 13th Bluray Uncut, 3 Oct. 2012
One of the other reviewers stated that its cut, the arrow in the neck scene so I wasn't to fond of getting this at that time but once I could buy it for £6 I took the chance and viewed it myself. From what I can see the scene isn't cut, looks completely the same as ive seen it previous times but I have to admit I didn't do I side by side comparison just incase I am wrong.
The video quality I have to rate 8 out of 10 which is good but could of been slightly better. Audio was good same chilling effect. Next tonnes of special features, id seen these on YouTube previously unfortunately but even though they have provided quite abit I believe it should of been trimmed down in certain ones cause each time the same people mentioned the same things, id rather of heard it just the once cause its kind of spoiled that for me.
Ive read that we may not expect anymore Blu-ray releases until the next possible movie release which isn't fair, it be nice to have a boxset now and for them to stop raking in the money on previous dvd releases.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2012 7:11 PM GMT

James Bond - 22 Film Collection [Blu-ray] [1962]
James Bond - 22 Film Collection [Blu-ray] [1962]
Dvd ~ Sean Connery
Offered by A2ZSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Bond 50 Bluray, 24 Sept. 2012
Boxset arrived this morning day of release which im very pleased about, thank you amazon. We finally get all 22 movies on Bluray, having only around 11 previously. Which is the only bad thing I can say about it as I have all of those and wondering what to do with them.
The New boxset is superb, it has 2 very nice and well made Disc booklets which allows the discs to slide in and out with ease without the fear of scratching the discs (they may be slightly stuck first use though)
Speaking from previous experience with quality im sure I know what to expect, crystal clear picture and sound which will surprise you with the age of the movies. I just wish that every movie out there got this kind of special attention. For the price of £90 hope it stays that way or lowers in the future for other bond fans, its certainly worth every penny. I am glad to be such a big fan and have this gem on my movie shelf.
Thanks for finally releasing them all in HD for us.

Cinema Of Fear Series 2 Jason Voorhees Plush
Cinema Of Fear Series 2 Jason Voorhees Plush
Offered by Mega Bookstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Jason hmm Model?, 23 Aug. 2012
I wouldnt really class this as a toy and definatly something that isnt for kids to play with even though they'd find it creepy and awsome at the same time. Was bigger than i expected it to be, my guess was 9 inches but it could be 13. I was shocked at the price of £25 but its well worth the money, very well made, even his pickaxe. The potato sack can be untied/removed to reveal his face.

Blue Super Mini 2.4G Bluetooth V2.0 EDR USB Dongle Wireless Adapter
Blue Super Mini 2.4G Bluetooth V2.0 EDR USB Dongle Wireless Adapter
Offered by Accessories Arena

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work for me., 17 Aug. 2012
tried with windows 7 64bit and windows 8 64bit. Windows 7 said it needed drivers, i added them, it then said the device wouldnt start (code 10 error) ran windows troubleshoot a few times but nothing. Windows 8 loaded fine, no driver problems, but didnt pick up my wireless headset during the scan which states its compatible for.
I havnt scanned for my mobile phone yet but thats not why i got it.

Street Knight [1993] [VHS]
Street Knight [1993] [VHS]
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars Street Knight VHS, 31 May 2012
I was hoping for a whole lot more from this movie but i guess once you seen The Perfect Weapon anything of Jeff Speakman or even alot of other action movies is hard to beat.
I got this primarily because its Uncut and not out on dvd for the uk (or is it? not seen it anywhere) I transfered it to dvd myself and very happy with the quality of the videotape i was sent because ive delt with alot in the past that just flicker.
Its not to bad of a movie, action is ok but didnt find the story line interesting, could of been a whole lot better with more fight scenes.
Good for keeping in ones rare collection.

VHS to DVD 5.0 HD (PC)
VHS to DVD 5.0 HD (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Tapes to DVD, 31 May 2012
This review is from: VHS to DVD 5.0 HD (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is an excellent device for recording VHS, DVD players, consoles, camcorders basically anything that has RCA output.
I decided to get this item cause i was having trouble copying my vhs tapes, I tried with a Panasonic hard drive recorder, this created lines on the screen same as when being straight connected to my panasonic television which lead me to believe that it doesnt like other not same brands hooked up to it and my Philips dvd recorder refused to record even though the picture was good.
Anyway back to the product, everything is supplied that you need to get you started, even a bonus usb extension cable to allow the device to be a certain distance away (mine was around 3 feet just enough)
Setting up and the software is easy for everyone to understand. Even has picture explanations.
Once the software was installed it asked for the computer to be reset so i did that and got an error saying the OS (windows) was missing. I thought how can this little software cause that much trouble, being a pc tech i went into the bios and saw there wasnt anything wrong (all hard drives present and in boot order) Tried again and got in, so if this happens to anyone else no need to panic just reset again.
You get to choose the time lenth of your recording but this may decrease quality the longer you run it due to disc space. For me i chose 90 minutes as thats how long my movie ran for. Pressed play on the video, as soon as it was about to start i pressed Record in the software. It will stop on its own after 90 minutes and ask you if you would like to burn it. Pressing No will delete the video.

My only complaints with this is that you have to record to disc, id prefer it to be left on my hard drive so i can encode to avi. But then i just copy the disc its burned to back to my computer which id rather skip that annoying process.
Next the Bluray option... really? as much as id like that idea why would we put a lower quality video onto a expensive bluray disc. Maybe selecting that increases the time were able to record? not tested it yet. I guess you could fit a whole lot of tapes onto a 25gig/50gig disc. Would need to select advanced for that and create menus to navigate around.

Ive had a crash where turning the volume on the software down completly and it complained it was plugged into a slow usb port, again not sure if this was a random bug or proper. But id suggest turning off your speakers.

For £27 its well worth the price, dilivery with amazon was shockingly fast, ordered one evening and it arrived 36 hours later.

The Transporter/Transporter 2 [Blu-ray]
The Transporter/Transporter 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jason Statham
Offered by Leisurezone

3.0 out of 5 stars Transporter Pack Blu-ray, 23 May 2012
These are the only 2 Transporter movies i care to believe exsist, the 3rd was so terrible i just cant ever watch it again.
Picture quality in both has some grain and can be considered as a upscaled dvd. The audio for the 1st Transporter is great as it levels out the speaking and the explosions but the 2nd has louder explosions which is sure to annoy the neighbours/house-mates. It does sound awsome though.
The one thing i always check when buying my favourite Blurays/dvds is are they edited for violence? but this time round i forgot and oh no they are both cut.
Both UK/US has the same versions but France has the uncut version, the only scene that seems to be missing from the first is the lorry running over a body bit and for the 2nd throwing a pipe through a bad guy near the end. These 2 cuts never bothered me to much but still i find it unfair if we cant have them too.
For the price of £8.50 i find this 2 pack very worth it.
Possibly the best movies Jason Statham has done? well he gets to be the main star as he mostly shares it in others. Fast, action packed, quite well directed and chorographed. A must buy!

Page: 1 | 2