Profile for Ms. N. Brown > Reviews

Content by Ms. N. Brown

Ms. N. Brown "nikki5044" (UK)

Great Ways to Learn Anatomy and Physiology (Palgrave Study Skills)
Great Ways to Learn Anatomy and Physiology (Palgrave Study Skills)
by Charmaine McKissock
Price: 17.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Need one of these for every subject, 29 Sep 2011
I'm very impressed with this book. I love the mindmaps, use of colour, diagrams etc. It is good to have these visual methods actually applied to a specific, information-dense subject so that students can learn relevant material at the same time as useful study skills and strategies. I'm a dyslexia assessor and support tutor and will have no hesitation in recommending this book to students on relevant courses. I think non-dyslexics would also find it extremely useful.

Say What?
Say What?

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive Christmas fun!, 14 Dec 2007
This review is from: Say What? (Toy)
Have just bought this game and we are already hooked. It's great fun trying to unscramble the phrases, with the time allowance (or guess allowance) going down each time. You can vary the skill level so that younger members of the family can play too. Educationally, it's a great toy for exercising memory and sequencing skills and I would use this with my students at college for a bit of light-hearted fun.

Tree of Pearls
Tree of Pearls
by Louisa Young

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book, 3 Nov 2004
This review is from: Tree of Pearls (Paperback)
Louisa Young's prose is beautiful and so well-crafted that it seems effortless. Her characters are human and believable and so much of her writing about feelings and relationships strikes a real chord with me. I read this book in a day, despite having a million other things to do and find it inconceivable that other readers wouldn't enjoy it!