Profile for R. King > Reviews

Content by R. King

R. King "raking" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Guitarist
The Guitarist
Price: 9.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Plucking Awful, 3 July 2014
This review is from: The Guitarist (Audio CD)
What can I say? Bland, Boring and wasted in even a lift. Have heard more of his music, including his latest summer offering, on the radio and it hasn't got any better. Would have much more fun watching paint dry - or even England attempting to play football.avoid like the plague.

The Who: Quadrophenia - Live In London [Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+Blu-ray Audio]] [2014]
The Who: Quadrophenia - Live In London [Blu-ray+DVD+2CD+Blu-ray Audio]] [2014]
Price: 98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Are You???, 17 Jun 2014
Brilliant release. Concert Blu Ray is superb and just love the tributes to John and Keith. Only slight gripe is that they have put the additional non- Quadrophenia tracks as a 'bonus' rather than in one continual concert experience - WHY!! Also have noticed the price has gone down from the 69 I paid on pre-order. I would expect that after some time but not after 8 days. Not really fare IMHO. Other than that, if you love the Who then this a must-have for your collection.

NYPD Blue Complete Season 12 [DVD]
NYPD Blue Complete Season 12 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Franz
Price: 26.87

5.0 out of 5 stars NYPD Blues, 27 May 2014
Yes, Blues because I have nearly got to the end of this final season and just wish there was more but also Blue because to me the picture in Seasons 11 & 12 does not seem to be framed right. All up to season 10 were fine but the last two series are slightly out. Don't know exactly what is wrong but it is just not right. Apart from that it is a great series and I am very glad to have now at long last got them all after getting to season 4 and then nothing for a long time. Excellent show so go buy it!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 4:35 PM BST

E-PRANCE New G1W Novatek 2.7" Car Dashcamera Driving Recorder + 1920*1080P 30FPS + G-sensor + Car License Plate + MOV + 140 Degree Wide Angle Lens + Night Vision + H.264 + 32GB Memory Card Color Black
Offered by Coshinegroup
Price: 42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dash(ed) good camera, 7 May 2014
Very impressed with this camera considering that with a 32gb card it was just 51. The picture quality is excellent and has impressed everyone I have shown the film to. Very happy with it and although the manual is very hard to understand in places you can pick up most of what you need to know very easily. Do I now get one for the rear window too - that is the question!!

Sorcerer 2014
Sorcerer 2014
Price: 28.09

5.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Sorcerer Magic, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Sorcerer 2014 (Audio CD)
I loved Tangerine Dream's original 1977 release of this movie soundtrack and this is a terrific reworking of that score plus a second cd of new tracks never before released based on elements of their original score which was not included in the 1977 release. They performed this music on 3rd April in Copenhagen with William Friedkin (the films director) in attendance. This is TD at their brilliant best and I highly recommend it, however not at the price of 60+ . 20 is about the right price for it and you can get it from TD direct from their own shop. Wonderful stuff - go and buy!!

Game of Thrones - Season 3 Limited Edition Dragon Packaging (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage
Price: 70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars G.O.T. to have it, 17 Feb 2014
Brilliant Series that once I start I watching I find very hard to stop. Most things about the series have been said here so I will just say that if you have seen any yet then you must get them now, you will not be disappointed. As for the price for the Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition - Well, I think it is ok and looks pretty good but I would agree that an extra 40 for the case is a little steep and some may be happy not to pay and just go for the oridnary release at 30. Me, I am ok with it but I think 50 would have been a better price for it and judging by some of the other comments, Amazon might not have so many returned to them if it had been that amount. The five star rating is for the series but I give the case three stars out of five (Nice but could have been better in both product and price)

Dexter - The Final Season [DVD]
Dexter - The Final Season [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Ending For Dexter, 12 Dec 2013
Can't believe the negative reviews. I found this final season excellent and it was nice to see Charlotte Rampling in something again. Shall miss this wonderful series but no doubt will relive it all again in a year or so. Great stuff.

Supernatural - Season 8 Complete [DVD]
Supernatural - Season 8 Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Supernatural but not to start with, 10 Dec 2013
After I had watched the first 4 episodes I felt let down. For some reason they, for me at least, were not up to scratch. I thought to myself 'I hope this picks up otherwise I may not even get to finishing the series'. Luckily it did pick up and got back to the usual high standard you expect. It was even great to see one of the earlier cast members making a return albiet for one episode only. Was gutted when he exited the series as I always felt he was one of the great characters and still think the show lacks something now he has gone. Am not saying who in case some readers have not seen this series yet. I knew Amanda Tapping was coming into the series but her role was not as big as I was expecting which is a shame. Still, it was good to see her in something again as I really miss the excellent series she was in called Sanctuary which like many other good shows have fallen by the axe for the sad reason that at the time they are aired not enough people watched it, regardless of the fact that many more probably watched it at a later date by recording it etc., but of course that doesn't count!! So overall another very good season of Supernatural but starting from Episode 5. Eps 1 to 4 are throw-away as far as I am concerned. But others, of course, may not agree.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 4:34 PM GMT

World War Z [DVD]
World War Z [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Speed Zombies, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: World War Z [DVD] (DVD)
Really like this film. There have been a few dodgy reviews so wasn't sure what to expect but I needn't have worried as it is fast, exciting and very very entertaining. Although I have always loved Zombie movies I have always thought to myself "how could you possibly be caught by them and eaten when they are so slow to move". That is not the case here - here they are very very fast and that would be scary. If you haven't seen this but like Zombie flicks then I am sure you will love it. Go and buy!!

Hitchcock: The Ultimate Filmmaker Collection [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Hitchcock: The Ultimate Filmmaker Collection [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Offered by EagleDVD
Price: 109.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitchcock Greats and so does the price, 7 Nov 2013
Fabulous collection of films and a must have for Hitchcock/Blu Ray collectors. However, as much as I love Amazon the price here is far too high. I cancelled it and have managed to order it elsewhere for 110 - that's 55 cheaper!! Yes 55 cheaper!! Come on Amazon, you can do better than that. As for the collection - if you love Hitchcock you just have to have it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10