Profile for Tomer > Reviews

12 Books That Changed the World
12 Books That Changed the World
by Melvyn Bragg

4.0 out of 5 stars A book about books: very enlightening!, 26 Aug 2014
This is an unusual book, a book about books. That said, some of the 'books' chosen by the author are not books in the usual sense but scientific papers. That technicality does not detract from the well researched and written volume. A different sort of read and very enlightening.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £25 (Birthday Birds)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £25 (Birthday Birds)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug 2014
Arrived on time, well protected. Not much else to say about a gift card!

Blanketweed Pond Treatment by Hozelock
Blanketweed Pond Treatment by Hozelock
Offered by Crowders

5.0 out of 5 stars The only product that really works!, 2 July 2014
I have had garden ponds for many years, at six different houses and although the extent of blanketweed problems have varied, this is the only product that I have found that really works. As with another reviewer, when I went to buy a supply for this summer, there was none in any of the usual retailers (ironmongers, d-i-y sheds, garden centres etc.) and when I discovered another Hozelock product which is said to treat a variety of pond ailments, including blanketweed, I assumed that this product had been discontinued. I have tried the 'multi-purpose' product, which simply tries to do too much and fails, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found my old favourite on line. It is expensive but it works, almost before your eyes, compared to cheaper alternatives, which I have found to be a waste of money. Recommended.

Bosmere G315 Bos-Skip
Bosmere G315 Bos-Skip

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most useful pieces of gardening equipment, 1 Feb 2014
I use this mainly in my wheelbarrow, firstly to increase the barrow's capacity and secondly because it is simple to lift out and tip the contents onto the compost heap. However, because of its free-standing ability, it can be used independently around the garden. Mine is used so much that I have worn two of them out and replaced them! If thinking of getting one, take care to buy this one and not the similar looking Bosmere bag which does not have the panel in the bottom; I made that mistake once and the 'wrong' one is hanging in the shed, hardly used.

St Annes on the Sea: A History
St Annes on the Sea: A History
by Peter Shakeshaft

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best local histories, 1 Feb 2014
I bought this book to help me with the history of my daughter's house, in the Heyhouses area of Lytham, which became St. Annes-on-the-Sea. Although my interest was very specific, I found the book quite absorbing, even though I am not local to the area and am not familiar with some of the places mentioned. I just wish that the author had some connection to my local area and had written a history of it!

Osram Low Energy Dusk to Dawn Night Sensor Light Bulb 15W BC B22d 15 Watt
Osram Low Energy Dusk to Dawn Night Sensor Light Bulb 15W BC B22d 15 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Osram low energy dusk to dawn sensor light bulb, 13 July 2013
If you want a light that comes on at dusk and stays on until dawn, inside or outside, this is one of the simplest ways of achieving it; just remove the ordinary bulb and replace it with this one. I have used these 'bulbs' for years and although I have yet to have one that lasts 15,000 hours (as stated on the pack), they do last a very long time. Mine are all used outside, which could, I suppose, reduce the life.

Horstmann Electrisaver E30 30-120 Minute Boost Timer Switch - Switches Off Automatically After Set Time
Offered by Delightful-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Horstman Electrisaver E30 timer unit, 13 July 2013
This is perfect for my holiday home, which I let out. It is easy enough to leave the heater on all day, intentionally or otherwise, but with this unit, it switches off after two hours maximum. It is not programmable, just switch on and set it for half, one or two hours.

Belkin SurgeCube 1-Way 3-Pin Surge Protection
Belkin SurgeCube 1-Way 3-Pin Surge Protection

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin SurgeCube, 6 July 2013
I have used Belkin surge protectors for years and will continue to do so, after experiencing a massive power surge, which blew my hard wired immersion heater controller off the wall and melted it into a black blob of smelly plastic, whilst the appliances protected by the surge protectors survived unscathed. A fridge-freezer was not protected and the fan blew out, preventing the cooled air to circulate and eventually clogging up the hidden area in the freezer compartment with ice and the whole unit to stop working. This SurgeCube is perfect for protecting single appliances, such as fridge-freezers, where multi sockets are not needed. Remember though, that Belkin grade their products, to reflect the level of cover required; this one provides 'Essential' cover, their lowest level, which should be perfectly adequate for small appliances but is not intended for computer or home cinema set-ups, for example. Some reviewers have obviously used this item where they should have invested in the unit intended for the circumstances.

12"wheelbarrow solid wheel BLACK/replacement for 14"pneumatic NO MORE PUNCTURES (MADE IN UK)
Offered by Keto Plastics Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid wheel replacement for pneumatic wheelbarrow wheel, tyre and tube, 5 July 2013
Like many other reviewers, I had become tired of the time consuming job of removing the wheel, tyre and tube from my Haemerlin barrow, then locating and repairing the puncture and reversing the tedious process, which easily could take an hour or more - always at a time that the barrow was needed. I was intending to buy a direct replacement wheel and tyre, so that I could just change the wheel (less than a minute) and repair the puncture later, when I saw this product. It is too early to say how it will perform over time but so far, so good and obviously, it will not puncture. The hole for the spindle is much larger than my original wheel but two plastic adaptors are provided; these can be a bit of a struggle to fit (there are no instructions) but with a bit of patience, they can be fitted in a few minutes. One reviewer sent the product back because it was the wrong size (my first impression) but given a simple diagram, he may have been able to use the adaptors.

Lifemax Stick 'n' Stay Mobility Handle - 50cm 133.2
Lifemax Stick 'n' Stay Mobility Handle - 50cm 133.2

3.0 out of 5 stars Lifemax Stick'n'stay Mobility handle, 1 July 2013
We have got four shower rooms, two with highly glazed tiles and two with tiles with a VERY slight texture. The unit sticks well on the highly glazed surfaces (so long as the suction cups are not placed across tile joints) but on tiles with the slightest texture, it falls off almost immediately. I have awarded three stars but depending on your tiles, it could be five or it could be one.

Page: 1 | 2