Profile for T. J. Edwards > Reviews

Content by T. J. Edwards

T. J. Edwards (Yorkshire UK)

Yorkshire & Lancashire Regiment (Archive Photographs: Images of England)
Yorkshire & Lancashire Regiment (Archive Photographs: Images of England)
by Jane Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Find..., 2 Jan 2010
Much has been written about The Great War, yet very few photographs exist, other than the posed "official" shots. Yet here we have a fantastic collection of real shots of everyday life in the trenches. OK, most of the true horror is not shown, yet for anyone interested in the subject (and we all should be) this is a great little book. My interest lies in the fact that Colonel Charles Fox (who features widely) lived in the house I live in now. I'm very glad to discover this book.

Changing Eating and Exercise: A Handbook for Professionals
Changing Eating and Exercise: A Handbook for Professionals
by Paula Hunt
Price: 48.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful for Nutritionists and Exercise Professionals, 2 Jan 2010
I was delighted to find this book still in print and available. Although a few years old now, I remember using it and finding the book a great help in understanding some of the key issues that hinder patients/ clients ability to lose weight and get more physically active. The text is both informative and written in a lively style. There are lots of useful tips for any professional to start using straight away. Highly recommended!

The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe [1964] [DVD]
The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe [1964] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Hoffmann
Price: 7.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic memories from a 1960's childhood.., 27 May 2008
For anyone who was a child of the 1960's or early 70's, this will surely bring back many memories and is an absolute must! I've been watching the DVD series with my own daughters (aged 9 and 7). Despite down-playing expectations in advance - it's in black and white, a bit crackly and very tame compared with today's TV - they absolutely love it. Very educational too - asking them what THEY would do in his situation (seek water, food, shelter etc.). We're watching one episode a day (I had to wait a full week for the next episode in 1965!). The music is on my ipod and I never walk on a deserted beach without the tunes in my head. Wonderful! Tim.