Profile for Mitfordgirl > Reviews

Maps
Maps
by Aleksandra Mizielinska

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to make learning fun, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Maps (Hardcover)
I love this book, and so do my three daughters, aged 5,8 and 10. The presentation is beautiful and the book is satisfyingly big - the maps themselves are crammed with information (exports, population, flora and fauna, most common names and so on) and, although they remind me a little of the 'cliché maps' I've seen recently, are genuinely educational. My geography isn't great and I've learned a lot from this book myself!

I bought a few extra ones as gifts and everyone I've given them to has loved them. Recommended.

Coup Character Cards
Coup Character Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tactical game of bluff and counter bluff, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Coup Character Cards (Toy)
If you're into tactics and using your smarty-brains to achieve your desired outcome this is a clever little game, reminiscent of the old card game 'cheat' where you bluff your opponents to victory. Loved it

Cherry Menlove's Easy Parties: How to Create the Perfect Summer Celebration
Cherry Menlove's Easy Parties: How to Create the Perfect Summer Celebration

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading title, 10 Jun 2013
This is all about the Jubilee, not summer parties. It was cheap (and very short) so no biggie, but I do resent being misled. The Jubilee was a year ago, and I wasn't interested in it then!

Mutton
Mutton

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and mean-spirited, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mutton (Kindle Edition)
It's weird, I love India Knight's non-fiction and keep buying her novels in the hope that they'll be equally warm and charming. I'm always disappointed, there's never much of a storyline and the character of Clara is awful, a vain, judgemental snob with no loyalty to anyone. An undemanding read but not worth re-visiting.