Profile for grannydrum > Reviews

Content by grannydrum

grannydrum "grannydrum" (london england)

Konig & Meyer 24030-300-55 60mm Microphone Holder - Black
Konig & Meyer 24030-300-55 60mm Microphone Holder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars thrown all my others away, 10 Jun. 2012
I have tried many different types of clip, some fall to pieces, some make the mic too high above the drums and so are difficult to place. these are just the job and I have relegated all the others to the spares box.

Deferral of Guilt
Deferral of Guilt

4.0 out of 5 stars waiting for the next one, 10 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Deferral of Guilt (Kindle Edition)
Although this is not as well written as I would like, it is very readable, and kept me interested until the last page. I immediately looked for another one to read, but sadly it appears to be the only one so far.

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It (Rough Cut)
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It (Rough Cut)
by Gary Taubes

5.0 out of 5 stars at last it all maks sense--read it!, 1 Mar. 2011
This is the first review I have written, but this book makes so much sense that I had to urge others to get it.

I do not go on diets, my wieght is under control by avoiding carbohydrate and eating lots of full fat grass fed dairy and meat. But because it goes against the recommended way of eating I read as many books as I can on diet to try and find out if its healthy. I have just read another batch, and this one stands out from all the rest. I read it in one sitting. I am now not going to buy any more books on the subject--my questions have been answered.

For a long time I have beleived that it is the recent increase in carbohydrates, sugars and processed fats that cause many people to get fat, I know when i forget and start to eat them even in small quantities I put on weight over time. But I coud not understand why my husband can eat so much bread and potatoes and not put on weight (he does not excercise) i also used to ask myself, if modern food is so bad for us, why is not everybody fat. Just look at a queue in macdonalds, they are not all overweight, and they would have to be on a treadmill all day to work off the calories in a big mac meal. And why are so many babies overweight before they are weaned--babies have been formula or breast fed for ages, but the fat baby is a modern thing.

This book explains it all. I had to read some of the scientific sections a couple of times just to make sure I got it right. It has some facinating stories with pictures of fat and thin people on different regimes, either through choice, or just because they were poor. And it has a very plausible argument of why some people put on weight and some do not, and what those people should do about it.

If you can read this with an open mind it will all fall into place.

Quictent 3m x 6m Green Easy Pop Up Gazebo Party Wedding Tent  With Sidewalls/Sliver Coated
Quictent 3m x 6m Green Easy Pop Up Gazebo Party Wedding Tent With Sidewalls/Sliver Coated
Offered by Direct Power

4.0 out of 5 stars did the job--and good customer service, 25 Aug. 2010
We used this tent for two big summer parties. When it arrived there were slight cracks in two of the plastic joints. The seller answered our email within a few hours in courteous if quaint english and sent out a replacement frame a few days later. It takes four people to set up, but it goes up very quickly and easily. We had it on a patio with leg weights filled with water. We did not have the side panels on and did not use the guy ropes and had no problems with the slight wind that was around. You do have to watch for water accumulating on the canopy--make sure its good and tight. We bought two sets of globe lights which looked good and provided the illumination we needed. Good value for money and excellant company to deal with.