Profile for Andy Cheung > Reviews

Content by Andy Cheung

Andy Cheung

Page: 1 | 2
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows - Black (PC)
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows - Black (PC)
Offered by PineApple Uk
Price: 31.19

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, 18 April 2014
Looking for a relatively low priced controller to use with your PC? Well there are really only 2 options which seem good enough in my eyes: Microsoft's Wired Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or Microsoft's Wireless Controller for Windows. Which do you choose? Well if you don't like the idea of changing batteries, then you'd pick the wired one. If you don't like the idea of having wires lying around, then you'd pick the wireless one. Seen as I have picked the wireless one, I might as well talk about the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows.

Pros:
Plug and Play - As soon as you plug the wireless receiver into your PC, it automatically finds and downloads the necessary drivers.
Connection - Controller connected to receiver as soon as I turned it on! :D
Controller - Good size, good weight, very nice thumbsticks and buttons. Very good built quality as well!
Compatibility - All the games I've played so far have allowed me to use my Xbox 360 controller!
Very fast response - Little to no delay between button press and response on screen.
Comes with 2 AA batteries and a drivers disc as well.

Cons:
Potential compatibility issues with games.
Batteries will need changing every once in a while.

There isn't much more I can say about this controller. It's a brilliant controller which doesn't really have anything going against it. Okay! There may be compatibility issues with some games that DON'T have controller support, but the controller works flawlessly with games that DO have controller support. If you're thinking of buying a controller which is very decently priced AND intend to use it to play a game that DOES have controller support, then this controller is a must have!

Would I recommend this product? Oh hell yes!

F1(TM) CHALLENGE
F1(TM) CHALLENGE
Price: 1.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed..., 18 April 2014
This review is from: F1(TM) CHALLENGE (App)
Official Formula One games are very hard to come across as they are rarely made. The only one I remember was F1 2009, but that was only for iOS devices, which was very unfortunate. Now though, a new official Formula One game has been released called F1 Challenge. Will it live up to the high expectations though?

[Just to point things out, this game is based on the 2012 Formula One season.]

The menu in the game is simple to navigate, with the menu on the left for settings, in-app purchases and music on/off etc. and the menu on the bottom to select the teams in which you can select your desired challenge. Once you the desired team, you have to select the challenges. Unfortunately, most of the challenges are locked and require you to pay money to unlock challenges in a game that already costs quite a lot (in app terms).

When you start a challenge, you will notice a very striking resemblance to F1 Online (which is actually quite a fun game to play). There are only 2 sets of controls: Sliding your finger along the right side of the screen to steer your car and tapping the left side of the screen to use KERS. Unfortunately, these controls cannot be changed. As the player, you can only see a strip of track which rotates around after turns. You also see the AI drivers and bits of grass and run off areas. The level of graphical detail in the game itself isn't very high and the sounds seem very dull. As a gamer, you would want to be in full control of what you're doing, right? Wrong! In this game, the game automatically accelerates and decelerates when it gets to a certain point before a corner. You would need to have prepared very early to steer in or react quickly to be able to turn into tight hairpins.

This game is a very big disappointment. I've played all of Codemasters F1 games (Since 2009) and I've also played F1 Online. In the main F1 game series, you have full control of what you're going and it's got some great graphics! In F1 Online, you have a different view of things, but you still have a lot of control of what you're doing and it also has good graphics. F1 Challenge feels like a very simplified version of F1 Online which doesn't give the player much control, has graphics which are below what most people expect and wants us to pay more for something even though we should be entitled to it right from the start.

This is a game which I would recommend all F1 fans stay away from, as it is a game that feels cheap, plays cheap and costs quite a lot for an Android game. Even if this game is free, I'd still stay away from it...

Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset
Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset
Price: 22.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget gaming headset!, 18 April 2014
When you look online for a gaming headset, you would want it to be reasonably priced and also provide all the funcationality that other gaming headsets provide. For those on a very tight budget, the Plantronics Gamecom 380 PC Stereo Gaming Headset is something that many people would be looking into.

Let's have a look at the pros and cons of this gaming headset.

Pros:
Lightweight - Built mostly of plastic. Headband is sturdy and has a bit of flex to accomodate for different sizes of heads.
Comfortable - Ear cups go around your ears. Can be worn for long periods of time without discomfort.
Easy to Use - Just plug the headset in the 3.5mm jacks and you're ready to go!
Microphone is good - Clear voices and good quality for price range. Can be bent to a position which suits you.
Sound is decent - Above average sound quality with a bit of crosstalk.
Turnable cups - Makes wearing headset around neck a viable option.
Cable is 2m long - Should be long enough for most people.
Volume and mic control on left cup - Personally I like this very much, but it may not be everybody's cup of tea.

Cons:
Hardly any bass from drivers (For games, it's fine. For music and movies, oh hell no!).
Glossy plastic on the outside of the cups are basically fingerprint magnets.
Rubber cable - Would have preferred a braided cable, but can't really expect it in this price range.

Conclusion:
I was pleasantly surprised to have got such a good product. The gaming headset is comfortable to wear and provides decent sound quality. The microphone is adjustable and is clear. There is also a microphone on/off switch and a volume dial on the left cup.
It is very hard to find a decent gaming headset in this budget price range, but this gaming headset has managed to stand out from all the other gaming headsets in this price range. Personally I think this gaming headset is very good and should by considered by those PC gamers out there who was struggling to find cash to splash. Even if you're not a PC gamer and you only intend to use this headset for things such as skype calls, I would still highly recommend them to you!

Philips SHL5205BK/10 CitiScape Shibuya Headband Headphone - Black
Philips SHL5205BK/10 CitiScape Shibuya Headband Headphone - Black
Offered by i want one of those
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say..., 11 Nov 2012
What can I say about these headphones? Well... they're quite big, they're black (and brown off course), they produce very good treble and good bass, they're very comfortable and the headphones have a flat in-line cable with a microphone included. In my honest opinion, these headphones have got very good noise cancellation considering the price of the product. Also, I think these headphones are better in every way compared to my Philips St. Germain In-ear headphones (Philips SHE5105PP/10) with the obvious exception of size... If you're looking for a pair of good headphones without the jaw dropping price tag, I would recommend anyone buy these headphones.
P.S: I think these headphones are a lot better than Dr. Dre Beats as these headphones have got just the right amount of bass (unlike the Beats which have completely unnecessary amounts of skull crushing bass.) The music overall IMO is also better than any pair of Beats.

Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black
Price: 128.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 9 Nov 2012
This RAM I bought for my first computer build, and I have to admit that these are quite good. The fact that I was able to make them run at 1640MHz CAS9-9-9-24 surprised me a bit, but they are working fully right now. This is totally worth the money, so I recommend people to buy this (if they're looking for DDR3 RAM that is...

Philips SHE5105PP/10 CitiScape ST Germain In-Ear Headphones - Purple
Philips SHE5105PP/10 CitiScape ST Germain In-Ear Headphones - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 9 Nov 2012
(Bought on 24th Sept 2012)
Original Review:
When I looked at the price of these earphones, I was sceptical due to the price, but I trusted Amazon from numerous experiences. I bought these earphones having only experienced the SHE8000 in the past few months, so I was expecting something different. To my surprise, these earphones have a very good design, look nice, have good treble and good bass (not excessive... like beats.) The audio produced by these earbuds is more in my opinions more natural feeling, so it is something that I like a lot. The earphones also have magnets embedded on them which makes it very easy to sort out the cables. The cables are also very hard to tangle due to their flat wires.

Another good feature that I have used on occasions is the split wire design. This allows me to share music without the problem of having cables that are too short. The integrated microphone with these earphones has a plastic casing, but the sound it picks up should be good as I've never had any difficulty having a conversation with someone on the phone with these earphones plugged in. The earphones have 3 pairs of ear bud tips which are made of silicone and are very easy to use in my opinion. If you are looking for a new pair of earphones and don't have cash to splash, I would highly recommend these earphones!

UPDATE (4th February 2014):
I have had these earphones since late September 2012 and it is now early February 2014. The silicone tips became a bit loose on the actually earphones after about 7-8 months use, so I have now replaced them with Comply Foam Tips TSX200. The sound produced is now still as good as they were when I first bought them. The left earphone is damaged slightly (the purple plastic piece has split just underneath the who earphone as a module, so the earphone module is in 1 piece, with a piece of plastic hanging on the wire.) However, this hasn't had any adverse effect on the sound quality. The microphone is still working as it should be and the button still functions.

These earphones have so far lasted me over 1 yr and 4 months, which is far better than any of my previous pairs of earphones (The best I've had previously is 8 months.) I am still using these earphones on a daily basis and they just keep working. The tips may have become loose, the left earphone may have be slightly damaged, but these earphones are made to a very high standard. I'm hoping to see these earphones last me for another few months before I expect to change to a new pair of SHE5105BK/10s! Once again, if you're looking for a pair of new earphones and don't have cash to splash, then these are the earphones for you!!! They will last if you take care of them properly, trust me!

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Black
Offered by electricshop UK
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in-ear headphones you can get for this price!!!, 20 Jun 2012
These in-ear headphones are of very good quality and produce very good sound. Music is vibrant and full of clarity, whilst basses are deep and clear. The right in-ear headphone cable is designed to go around the back of your neck and so the cable doesn't dangle too far down when you're not using them. They also come with a leather bag which opens and closes by pressing on the side of the bag's mouth. The bag is of great quality and the open/close mechanism is very good in my opinion. I personally think that these in-ear headphones are far superior to the previous in-ear headphones I had (Philips SHE8000) and I would highly recommend these in-ear headphones to anybody looking for a pair of high quality in-ear headphones at a very reasonable price.

Philips SHE8500/10 In - Ear Headphones
Philips SHE8500/10 In - Ear Headphones
Price: 17.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad... Don't buy!, 10 April 2012
When I first bought these earphones a while ago, I thought they would be quite good in-ear headphones, but I was to be disappointed by this product. The earbuds don't fit comfortably in my ears and hurts them as a result. The cable is very thin and the volume produced is very low, and so the volume needs to be increase to a higher level than other in-ear headphones. Also, they feel very light and cheap. I ended up refunding these in-ear headphones due to extreme disappointment.

Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Green/White
Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Green/White

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing set of bluetooth headphones! But..., 29 Mar 2012
I have been waiting for these for almost a week and came at the given estimated date, but I expected them to come a bit earlier as products I have previously ordered all came at least 2 days before the estimate. Let's get to the real review.

When I first opened it, the headset was begging me to use it, so I connected it to my phone (Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman(tm))which didn't take long and then I tried them with my music. I noticed that the included in-ear headphones were very basic and not particularly good for things such as running. The sound quality of the headphones was in my opinion average, but that doesn't bother me one single bit. After a few minutes of trying them out, I decided to connect my Philips SHE8000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black in and changed the mode and... BAM!!! (More sound and bass at lower volume) The music that came out was now like when I directly connected my in-ear headphones to the phone. I was absolutely amazed by the music quality!!!

The headset itself is light and well-built. The clip is very strong and I don't think it is likely to break. I personally think the White/Green colour scheme is very eye catching and the controls are very simple and easy to use. It is very unlikely that you'll need to refer to the manual for instructions.

The headset comes with the bluetooth headset, white earphones (about 57cm long), a USB wall charger, an instruction manual and different sized ear buds.

I highly recommend this product to anybody looking for a set of bluetooth headphones. If you're struggling to choose between these and the Sony Ericsson MW600, I advise you choose these as the MW600 has a very flimsy clip which can very easily snapped. I hope you find this useful.

Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Grey
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Grey
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse!, 7 Dec 2011
This mouse is great! It is literally a plug and play device and I like it. One thing that worried me to begin with was the fact that it had no laser, but then I put the mouse on the desk and it worked! I then looked around the optic sensor to find the words 'Invisible Optic'. That's when I realised that this mouse doesn't have a visible laser, which is a huge advantage as you don't need to worry about a laser going in your eye when you're turning the mouse off because there isn't no laser! Great product, would recommend to anyone who wants an affordable mouse which is excellent for everyday use!

Page: 1 | 2