Profile for S. M. L. Rogers > Reviews

Content by S. M. L. Rogers

S. M. L. Rogers "a rock fan of many many yrs" (south uk)

Bridge The Gap
Bridge The Gap
Price: 15.61

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bridge The Gap (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on the strength of some good reviews here on Amazon and various other places and the fact that Michael
Schenker is one of my favourite guitarists but all I can say is I am so disappointed with it. It has basically 2 songs types: ones that are 'of the' in the song title and the others are the single note riff songs. None of them are very good.
Take a listen to 'Lord of the Lost and Lonely' and when you sing along to the chorus add 'I'll give you the key' . A certain song about a combine harvester comes to mind.
I will go and see him at Shepherds Bush in London again (dates please) but this CD is just uninspired from start to finish.
Save your cash .

Keep On Runnin'
Keep On Runnin'
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars bloody love it, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Keep On Runnin' (MP3 Download)
I first heard this on Planet Rock and loved it right away. I have Journey stuff but was not familiar with this song. Anthrax just smash it. I may have to present this to the guys in my band as I would love to play it too.

Bye Bye Lullaby
Bye Bye Lullaby
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 13.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bye Bye Lullaby (Audio CD)
Never heard of this band and I came across them by accident looking at the reviews on Amazon (as you do).
I am very glad I did. Brilliant songs , brilliant singer and brilliant production.
What more do I need to say? If you like the female fronted bands like Delain etc then go get this pronto.
One catchy song after another, it is still in my car and I have had it for ages. Pretty damn heavy too.
Stand out tracks? Errrrr, all of them really. Have a listen, you'll be glad you did.

A Different Kind Of Truth
A Different Kind Of Truth
Offered by Bee-Entertained
Price: 4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT, 15 Oct 2012
I haven't bought a Van Halen album/CD since OU812 and apart from listening to the DLR stuff of old I had pretty much
written them off and forgotten about them. News of DLR rejoining didn't really spark much interest either. To me it just seemed like EVH wanted to play keyboards.
Tattoo came on Planet Rock one day and I liked it. At first I thought it sounded like Van Halen. I was right.
Pretty much bought the CD on day of release and was blown away by a huge sounding GUITAR played by the one and only
EVH. A few tracks are not quite up there but on the whole this album is fantastic.
Put it this way.I have gone out and bought a Frankenstein humbucker to put in my one of my guitars to replace a
Seymour Duncan that has been in it for years.The Brown sound awaits.

We Are the Others [Special Edition]
We Are the Others [Special Edition]
Price: 14.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Delain do it again, 15 Oct 2012
I have had this in my CD changer in my car for quite a while now and every time it comes round I love it.
It took a few plays to get into but then it hits home how good the songs are.
Charlotte is fantastic as ever. I would have to say April Rain is probably still my fav over this as I think April
Rain is more diverse and lets not bother with the first album. As stated in a previous review the first album ain't
up to much.
Keep it up Delain . Looking forward to number 4
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2013 10:34 AM GMT

In Waves
In Waves
Price: 6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Play it LOUD, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: In Waves (Audio CD)
Love this CD. I kind of fell out with Trivium after 'The Crusade'. I didn't bother with 'Shogun' but I am
very glad I have this one as it is brilliant.
Trivium know how to be very heavy and at the same time put a good melody in there.Loads of great riffs and as usual great playing from all.
Makes my trip to work all the more fun when this one comes round in the cd changer. Just before 'Unto the Locust'.
Highly recommended stuff.

Unto The Locust
Unto The Locust
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Slamming Stuff, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Unto The Locust (Audio CD)
I have been listening to this for a while now and all I can say is that it's brilliant.
The Blackening is a good album but give me the choice and I will go for this one.
I think the riffs are better and the songs as a whole are better. My opinion. If you think that The Blackening is better then that is fine.
Just good to see a band dig themselves out of a decline with 3 very good albums in a row. Have you listened to 'The Burning Red' recently, awful.
Getting Phil Demmell in the band was clearly a turning point for them. Keep up the good work.

Lucidity
Lucidity
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.97

2.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Lucidity (Audio CD)
Very disappointed is all I can say really.If you buy this you will probably have a bit of a sinking feeling
as it falls short of your high expectations.
The reason I say this is simple: I bought April Rain first which is simply jaw dropping. April Rain has better songs by a millions miles and Charlotte sings on all songs and has written all the lyrics too (if my memory serves).So So So much better.
The guest vocals from the other vocalist on Lucidity are not a patch on Charlotte and the songs aren't either.A couple are ok but it wont hold your interest for repeated plays. April Rain is the one to get ,forget this one.