Profile for Mr. Daniel Cook > Reviews

Mr. Daniel Cook

The Constant
The Constant

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gem, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Constant (Audio CD)
I didn't know who she was when I purchased the album, I was just looking to branch out, I feel like I found a gem of an album.

LED Light Up 3 metre Micro USB Cable - Universal Charging Cord with 3m Flat Tangle Free Noodle Ribbon style, Bright White LED Lighted Head Cable for Android or Windows Smartphones and Tablets (Samsung, Sony, Motorola, HTC, Droid, Blackberry, ASUS, Google, Acer, HP, Galaxy, Nokia) DCKM341 (3 meter)
Offered by Dockem EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Limitations, 23 Oct. 2014
So for a while I'd been borrowing my colleague's micro USB cable to transfer images from Sony RX1R camera to PC. I decided it was about time to buy my own.

I didn't really care for the LED 'gimmick' - it just happened to be one of the cheapest next day delivery options on USB cables.

Unfortunately this cable was not capable of the one thing I needed - to transfer my images from camera (file corruption, hanging, error messages). I like to think that little bit of energy needed to power the light - could be all it needed to work - but who knows?

I traded the cable with my colleague for his, the LED cable seems to cope with his lesser needs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 5:20 PM GMT

The Sims 3 Prima Official Game Guide
The Sims 3 Prima Official Game Guide
by Catherine Browne

3.0 out of 5 stars Sims 3 Guide Review, 15 Jun. 2009
I bought this Guide for £12.99 from a GAME as an impulse purchase, for me, I don't think it was worth it.

The experience I've accumulated in Sims 2 and the Sims 3 ingame tutorials, leaves the basic information in this book redundant.

There are lots of tables giving information about the items which you can purchase for your home, these tables take up quite a few pages and don't really add anything more to the game. You can tell from order of the items in the game which are the ones that add more 'environment' or 'fun' and it doesn't take a few seconds of ingame clicking to get all the item information you need.

It does have a location guide and map to finding collectables, which could be useful for people who are interested in doing this. There's also information on things like 'how many times you can 'chat' with a Sim before they find you dull' etc.. For me this information is a little surplus, I already know not to repeat things too often.

Among the few pages I did find interesting, were in the section regarding careers, it allowed me to plan my Sim's traits and skills so they had a boost in which career I chose for them.

I would only recommend this book to a Sims collector, and not someone who's just looking to fill some time before a new release.