Profile for NL > Reviews

Content by NL

NL (London, UK)

The Existential Counselling Primer: a Concise, Accessible and Comprehensive Introduction (Counselling Primers)
by Mick Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars This is very well written with useful examples of each point so that you can see ..., 9 Jan. 2015
This is very well written with useful examples of each point so that you can see how the theory would translate into practice. I agree with another reviewer that the author's personality comes through, which gives you a sense of how an existential counselling session might feel as opposed to just a dry description of it. It's only about 100 pages so very handy for someone who wants to quickly wrap their head around the basics.

ACADIE -GOLDTOP EDITION
ACADIE -GOLDTOP EDITION

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful album. I had it on cassette when it ..., 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: ACADIE -GOLDTOP EDITION (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful album. I had it on cassette when it first came out and listened to for years. When tapes turned to CDs, I no longer had a copy of this album and forgot about it until I bought this Goldtop copy years later. The music on this album has aged very well. I'm not sure that the extra songs on the Goldtop edition adds that much to the album really and if a copy of the original album is cheaper, you may as well just get that. This album is a bit of a hidden classic in my books.

9 Engagement Ring Cupcake / Cake Picks Decorations - Party
9 Engagement Ring Cupcake / Cake Picks Decorations - Party

5.0 out of 5 stars Was exactly what I was expecting and looked like the photos in the product description, 4 Aug. 2014
Arrived quickly. Was exactly what I was expecting and looked like the photos in the product description. No complaints at all.

Amscan International Confetti Engagement
Amscan International Confetti Engagement
Offered by Good Deals Online Limited

The Last Match [DVD]
The Last Match [DVD]
Dvd ~ Reinier Díaz
Offered by Gayfilmlover

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Last Match [DVD] (DVD)
There are **a lot** of terrible gay films out there with bad acting, weak scripts or annoying characters. I saw this film at the London gay film fest and really enjoyed it. The narrative is not all that new, but it's told well and the acting is very good. And yes, the boys are hot.

My Prairie Home
My Prairie Home
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice album, 4 May 2014
This review is from: My Prairie Home (Audio CD)
I had a chance to see the film that this album is soundtrack to at the London gay film fest. If you have a chance to see the movie, I'd really recommend it. It's moving in a very gentle, understated way and the photography is lovely the way it captures both ordinary and extraordinary aspects of the prairies and then just holds the camera there for you. Those images are a lot more poetic with this album as the background and, similarly, I find listening to this album quite touching having seen the film. I think a lot of the songs on the album would also be great without the film context (my boyfriend likes this album too but didn't see the movie), but each definitely adds something to the other. Some of the lyrics can be quite affecting having watched the film and understanding what in Rae Spoon's history the words are referring to.