Profile for kate605 > Reviews

Content by kate605

kate605

My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1)
My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 23 Jan. 2015
Stumbled across this book this evening and read it in just over three hours. I literally couldn't put it down - except when I was laughing out loud! The story was good and I really like what we've been shown of the world so far, but the characterisation stands out as some of the best I've come across. (I have over 2000 books on my kindle so take that as you will.) I absolutely loved the heroine. I love the film, book, cartoon and pop culture references. - I got ALL of them! - does that make me a geek?

About to download the next one, so I'll probably be busy for the next three hours or so..... 😊

Beyond
Beyond

2.0 out of 5 stars not quite there, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Beyond (Kindle Edition)
A potentially sweet story but it reads like a draft, not a finished work. There are some interesting characters and the world and backstory could be good but nothing is fleshed out. - It's difficult to care about a character when you know nothing about them, or the world/society they live in.
There are a few grammatical problems and sentences which have words missing, but that doesn't really spoil the read.
Sorry, but needs some work. - Just my opinion, of course.

FERAL SINS (The Phoenix Pack Book 1)
FERAL SINS (The Phoenix Pack Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit!, 19 May 2012
The second Suzanne Wright book I've read. Fantastic! I loved it and I can't wait for more. If you like Patricia Briggs, and aren't too shockable, you'll love it.

Here Be Sexist Vampires (The Deep In Your Veins Series Book 1)
Here Be Sexist Vampires (The Deep In Your Veins Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, 19 May 2012
Fantastic! I will admit, I will read almost anything. I have literally thousands of books. I devour books, but I do tend to skim.....NOT THIS ONE!! I haven't read a book with so much attention in years! I didn't dare skim in case I missed something - Just as good the second time through too! I can't wait for the next one. Suzanne Wright has gone straight to the top of my Must Buy list.

Drink of Me
Drink of Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Drink of me, 27 April 2011
This review is from: Drink of Me (Kindle Edition)
A well crafted story set in a very nicely realised fantasy world. Although the novel is basically a romance, the plot and characterisation give it life beyond the "ah, how sweet. NEXT!" feeling you're often left with. - I particularly liked the handling of the love scenes, - yes, LOVE scenes, as in opposed to sex scenes! They were character and emotionally driven and I didn't find myself cringing at the language used once, - definitely a refreshing change! - Well done there Ms Frank, you're officially a grown up!!!
I very much hope this is going to be the start of a series. - I've just downloaded every other Jacquelyn Frank book available on Kindle to read while I wait. - I'll be done in about a week. Is that ok for you???