Profile for C. Turner > Reviews

Content by C. Turner

C. Turner "traveller_chris" (London, UK)

Sonos PLAY:1 Black - The Wireless Hi-Fi
Sonos PLAY:1 Black - The Wireless Hi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 13 Nov. 2014
I had been thinking about upgrading to a wireless system for a while but I was slightly concerned with the high price. In the end, I bit the bullet and I wish I'd done it sooner! Other people seem to have found some (small) flaws with the system, so it pays to spend some time reading the reviews.
My requirements were the ability to play internet radio and the ability to play tracks that were previously stored on my computer, without having to switch the computer on. So I uploaded all of the music on my computer to Google Play and it works a treat. I have two Sonos 1's in my Lounge, set up as a stereo pair and I will probably buy another Sonos 1 for the spare bedroom. I have BT Fibre broadband which means that the 'bridge' is not required. I haven't had any 'drop out' issues so far. The sound quality is totally fantastic all I had to do was turn the 'loudness' button off. At present, Sonos a re doing a deal where you get Premium Deezer for a year (worth around £120), so far I am enjoying this service too.
I expected the installation to be a bit fiddly but it was really easy. I also expected the Android App to be a little bit awkward but its not (I've taught my wife how to use it and she's not really into mobile phone apps, she thnks its easy too).
So in a nutshell, amazing product, does all I that want it to do, highly recommended but read all the reviews.

Sony NWZE443R E Series 4GB MP3 Walkman with Voice Recording Function - Red
Sony NWZE443R E Series 4GB MP3 Walkman with Voice Recording Function - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good as usual but the random feature is not a s good as it used to be., 1 Feb. 2013
I bought this MP3 player for my wife as I have had a Sony Walkman MP£ player for years. As usual, its an impressive piece of kit that is easy to use. However there is one feature that is much better on my (5 year old) Sony walkman (model NWZA818). On my player, you select 'intelligent shuffle' and every track is played once in a random order before any repeated and when you turn the device off it remembers where you were even if you leave it for weeks.

The device that Ihave bought my wife seems to forget where you were and start again from track 1 if you leave the device unused for a week or so. Therefore 1 star is docked and I recommend tha Sony NWZ A series if you can still find one!

Sony NWZB172 2GB Walkman MP3 Player with USB - Black
Sony NWZB172 2GB Walkman MP3 Player with USB - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sony walkman, 27 Jan. 2013
This was bought to replace a similar product that a work collegue hat sat on and broken while it ras recharging. I am just as pleased with this one as I was with the other one. Another excellent product.

Neewer 2x Small Bendable Flexible Black table top Tripod for Compact Cameras
Neewer 2x Small Bendable Flexible Black table top Tripod for Compact Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tripod for a small camera, 26 Jan. 2013
This tripod is very flexible and takes the weight of my canon ixus. I can't wait to try it out on the Northern Lights in Iceland in a few weeks time.

OXX Pocket DAB Radio DAB+ Radio FM Radio
OXX Pocket DAB Radio DAB+ Radio FM Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic personal DAB Radio, 15 Aug. 2012
I love my new OXX pocket DAB radio. It's very easy to use and crystal clear as you would expect of a DAB radio. I was expecting the battery use to be heavy but it's not bad at all. I took it to a recent test match, expecting to have to change the batteries at some point but they lasted all day and in fact are still going! When my Dad saw the device his comment was 'That's a radio ?'.
I also have to say that the customer service from OXX was excellent. If they get their marketing right in this country then Roberts and Pure will have some serious competition.

Roberts Sports 995 2-Band PLL Synthesised Personal Stereo Radio
Roberts Sports 995 2-Band PLL Synthesised Personal Stereo Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice radio but no good for TMS, 14 July 2012
I bought this radio primarily so that I could listen to sport while I was at work. BBC Radio 5 live on MW 909 is fine but it took me a while (and a bit of research) to work out that BBC Radio 5 Live Extra is not available on this radio because its only on Digital or Long Wave!

This little 'faux pas' aside, the radio has been very good especially when used with my own earphones (better quality and fitting). I have several Roberts radio's and this doesn't disappoint but I'd say check what you really need it for and whether the radio will pick it up, before you buy!

Black XYLO SuperTuff Soft Silicone Back Cover / Skin / Case for the HTC Wildfire Mobile Phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, 1 small problem, 2 Mar. 2011
The case is excellent, it protects my HTC Wildfire and looks pretty cool as well. The only issue is that with the case on, you cannot see the red or green charging light or the red flashing light for low bettery.

LUPO IGO GREEN USB Mains Charger Power Adapter for Apple iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 5G 4S 4G 3GS iPad 1 2 3 4 Air Mini Retina, Samsung Galaxy S4 S5, HTC One, Sony Experia, Nokia Lumia, + Tablets
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, recharges my Sony Walkman, 24 Nov. 2008
This item will certainly recharge your Sony Walkman when you plug the walkman in to this plug, using the USB lead that your received with the item. The put the plug in the mains and you'll soon have a recharged walkman.

Tuff-luv traditional napa leather digital camera case cover in size: G / colour: Black / compatible with (Panasonic Lumix TZ1 / TZ2 / TZ3 / TZ4 / TZ5 / DMC-FT2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish looking case but not practical for the outdoors, 10 Nov. 2008
The case looks and feels very good, however it is too large for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-T25. I like a really snug fit and this case is uneccesarily bulky. As a trekker / climber, I also much prefer a belt loop to a belt clip, in fact I managed to unclip the belt a couple of time by accident. As other reviewers have said, there is too much space for rain and dust to get directly at the camera. Overall, a smart looking case thats OK for indoor use but not up to the 'great outdoors'.