Profile for Mark London > Reviews

Content by Mark London

Mark London "Mark London" (London, United Kingdom)

XSories Aqua Note 4GB Waterproof Sports MP3 Player Headphones
XSories Aqua Note 4GB Waterproof Sports MP3 Player Headphones
Offered by Planet Gizmo
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this product, 26 Oct 2012
I bought these headphones from Amazon about 6 months ago and have been using them regularly since then. They are excellent. I use them to listen to BBC podcasts (very easy to transfer via iTunes) while swimming and they have transformed my swimming experience, and encouraged me to swim for much longer without getting bored. Because they're self-contained (no separate mp3 player strapped to your arm), they're very easy to use. I'd definitely recommend them.

Guys and Dolls:       National Theatre
Guys and Dolls: National Theatre

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 24 Sep 2006
This is a fabulous recording of one the greatest musicals ever written. I have other recordings of Guys and Dolls (including the recent Broadway revival) but this National Theatre version knocks them all for six. Julia Mackenzie, in particular, is wondrous in all her numbers, and I defy anyone to listen to this recording of 'Sit Down You're Rockin' The Boat' without feeling total joy. I saw the original at the National Theatre in the early 80s and it remains the most exhilerating experience I've ever had in a theatre - though I've been to many great shows since. Ignore some of the other reviews here - this is a brilliant CD.

A Mind of Its Own: How Your Brain Distorts and Deceives
A Mind of Its Own: How Your Brain Distorts and Deceives
by Cordelia Fine

5.0 out of 5 stars A really entertaining and thought-provoking read, 10 Mar 2006
This is one of the most fascinating non-fiction books I can remember reading. It really makes you question your thought processes, and just as you are thinking 'that doesn't apply to me',the author reads you mind and tells you it does - and why the very idea that it doesn't is just another self-delusion. The book is also very wittily written. Highly recommended.

The Woman In White
The Woman In White
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, 16 Nov 2004
This review is from: The Woman In White (Audio CD)
I saw the show in preview and couldn't wait for the album to be released. It has some of ALW's best melodies in years, especially 'I Believe My Heart' and 'Ever More Without You.' But there's much more that's great here - like a lot of his music, you need to listen a few times and let it sink in. Then it grabs you like nothing else. The lyrics are pretty good too - the best he's had since Tim Rice (if you exclude TS Elliott!)