Profile for Woyee > Reviews

Content by Woyee

Woyee (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Carte Noire Espresso No 5 Delicat 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 5 Delicat 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 16.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Carte Noire capsules for Nespresso machines, 20 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Before buying a Nespresso machine a few years ago, I had always preferred Carte Noire instant to other brands of instant coffee so I had high hopes for these capsules. I had hoped I would like them because they are available online from Amazon and I have seen them in Sainsbury's so more convenient than having to order online direct from Nespresso and probably cheaper than Nespresso capsules. I was disappointed. The capsules are made of plastic rather than the foil that Nespresso use. They fit into the Nespresso machine okay but on occasion they machine is unable to perforate the Carte Noire capsule. The result is that the water by-passes the capsule and you end up with a cup of clear water. When this happens it is necessary to remove the capsule and replace it. Usually it works at the second attempt. I tried both the No. 5 and the No. 7 capsules. The No 7 should be quite a bit stronger. I could not tell the difference in flavour between them. Both are very weak and the flavour is disappointing. I'll use them up because I don't like waste but I won't be buying any more.

Carte Noire Espresso No 7 Aromatique 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 7 Aromatique 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 16.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Carte Noire capsules for Nespresso machines, 20 Jun 2014

The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set All Aboard
The Gro Company Height Chart Sticker Set All Aboard
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun height chart, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fun height chart with stickers ideal for keeping track of little one's growth. Much better than pencil marks on the bedroom wallpaper or door frame.

MegaRed Extra Strength Krill Oil - Pack of 60 Tablets
MegaRed Extra Strength Krill Oil - Pack of 60 Tablets
Price: 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I ordered, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The write up for this product states that each pack contains 60 x 500mg capsules. The pack I received contains 60 x 300mg capsules so I was obviously sent the wrong pack. The write up for the product also states "one a day" as does the front of the cardboard packaging. However, when you read the directions that are in smaller print on the side of the packaging and in the instructions, it says take 1 - 3 a day. So to get maximum benefit, we have gone from 1 x 500mg capsule a day to 3 x 300mg capsules per day. That seems to me to be quite a big difference in dosage. And, of course, at that rate a pack you thought would last about 2 months will barely last 3 weeks. That makes them much more expensive.
What can I say about the product itself? The capsules are easy to swallow and have a slightly vanilla flavour. Unlike some, they don't repeat on you later. That's about as much as I can say. I don't know if they have provided any health benefit. I guess I would have to take them for a prolonged period and even then other factors would have to be taken into account.

Deluxe Black Leather Case Cover For BlackBerry Playbook
Deluxe Black Leather Case Cover For BlackBerry Playbook

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 5 May 2014
Good, robust, well made case for a Blackberry Playbook. Fits well and protects from knocks etc. Only criticism is that you have to remove the Blackberry Playbook from the case is you want to charge it via a desktop charger.

Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1UC 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-4000M 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1) - Silver
Price: 399.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this laptop, 21 April 2014
I have been using this laptop for a few weeks now and I love it. I was a little apprehensive at first about Windows 8.1 which a lot of reviewers complain about. I need not have been concerned. It is different to Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc but that does not mean that it is difficult to use or a poor operating system. All you need do is accept that it is different to what you have used before and get on with it. The laptop itself starts up very quickly and is very capable of running several programs at once. It is fast and responsive. it has plenty of RAN and storage. My only criticism of it is that the button to open the optical disk drive is rather hidden away. You cannot locate it by touch alone which means having to lift the front of the laptop and look for it which, in reduced lighting, is not always easy.

Braun Series 3 340s-4 Rechargeable Wet and Dry Foil Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3 340s-4 Rechargeable Wet and Dry Foil Electric Shaver
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended shaver, 21 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Braun Series 340s-4 Rechargeable wet and dry electric shaver performs extremely well. I have owned Braun shavers in the past. My last one was no longer capable of cutting through even one day's stubble despite having a new replacement cutter and foil. This one easily cuts through 2-3 days' stubble with no problems at all. My skin was left smooth and irritation free. This shaver has the added advantage that it can be used either wet or dry. This seems to me to be an advantage for those in a hurry who shave while in the shower or those with particularly sensitive skin who wish to use shaving foam or gel to reduce skin irritation.
This shaver came with a clear plastic guard which protects the foil and prevents the shaver being switched on accidently while in transit. It also came with a charging lead and cleaning brush. It was already partly charged so I was able to use it straight out of the box. It fully recharged fairly quickly.

UPDATE: I have now been using this shaver for a couple of weeks or so. I forgot to mention in the original review that it is designed in such a way as to be very easy to hold. It fits the hand very well whichever way up you hold it. A full charge easily lasts a week or more. Probably the best shaver I have owned to date.

BOOMco Clipfire Blaster
BOOMco Clipfire Blaster
Price: 4.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 21 April 2014
This review is from: BOOMco Clipfire Blaster (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The BOOMco Clipfire Blaster comes with two projectiles and a target. The tip of each projectile has a coating which means it always sticks to the target (assuming you can hit it). It has a good range. A fun product.

Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes - (Pack of 12) (768 Wipes)
Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes - (Pack of 12) (768 Wipes)
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't wipe the smile off your face, 21 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes have a nice fragrance and come in re-sealable packs of 64 wipes. Sometimes with re-sealable packs, by the time you get about half-way through the product it will no longer re-seal properly. Not so with these: the packet re-seals every time right up to the last of the wipes. The wipes themselves clean efficiently and moisturise as they go. A great product which I highly recommend.

Corgi London 2012 1:5 Scale Die Cast Model Mini Olympic Torch
Corgi London 2012 1:5 Scale Die Cast Model Mini Olympic Torch
Offered by martins models
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Souvenir of 2012, 12 Feb 2014
Bought for my son as a souvenir of London 2012 Olympics. Solid, heavy and well made. Definitely a souvenir not a toy although my son was a little disappointed when I suggested not taking it out of its packaging to preserve the collectability / value in future years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10