Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Joe Goff > Reviews

Content by Joe Goff

Joe Goff "Brows" (Oxford, UK)

The Hinderers
The Hinderers
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing new RR release, 29 Mar. 2007
This review is from: The Hinderers (Audio CD)
Over the past 27 years Roadrunner has had its fair share of let-downs, with obvious records such as Supercharger leaving us wondering why such a prominent label signs bands that do not come forward with music that they should be! However, from listening to the newly-signed Daath's debut release "The Hinderers" I can safely say that RR are on one step further on their way to being the best label around.

The opening track "Subterfuge", right from the get-go, makes you want to stand in the middle of the street and circle head-bang your way to hell (or heaven lol).

Other stand-out tracks on the album are "Sightless", "Above Lucium", "Who Will Take The Blame?", "War-Born", "Ovum", and the strangely addictive "Dead On The Dance Floor", a successful attempt to blend together dance beats, jaw-breaking riffs, some of the most insane drumming ever, and ear-splitting vocals.

This album is an awesome mix of death, black and thrash metal and is a must have buy for any (in)sane metal fan!!!

From Them, Through Us, To You
From Them, Through Us, To You
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars "I can't lie still"... I'll just have to listen to this stunning album then!, 28 Mar. 2007
I assume that I'm in the same category as a lot of people in the UK when I say that, until recently, I had absolutely no idea that there was a band called Madina Lake, nor that their pop-punk genius would be some of the most inventive and infectious music to ever grace my ears. I went to see My Chemical Romance in Birmingham last week and there were some guys and gals handing out "I <3 ML" stickers & badges. I took them simply cos I couldn't be bothered to say "no" and honestly had no idea who the band were. Got home and checked out their myspace from curiousity, and absolutely fell in love with them!

I bought their self-released EP "The Disappearance of Adalia" of iTunes immediately after, and loved it. Then i was in HMV on Monday and saw that they had an album out! So I bought that too. I have been listening to it non-stop ever since!!

This record is, in my opinion, going to be one of the best of 2007. And i say this being a rabid Chimaira, Machine Head & Shadows Fall fan (all of whom have albums either out or due for release soon). This band is for absolutely anyone from any "scene".

The vocals are stunning and the guitar and bass work together so well that you just have to sit back, close your eyes and just admire how great this band really are!

I already know half the lyrics, with songs such as "House of Cards", "One Last Kiss", "Now or Never", "Stars" and "Here I Stand" being cemented in my head for days on end! I always find myself tapping away to the drums without even realising lol.

Basically... go buy this album! You won't regret it