Profile for George Smith > Reviews

Content by George Smith

George Smith

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Silent multimedia PC! CSL Sprint H5787u (Quad) incl. Windows 7 - computer-system with AMD A8-6600K CPU 4x 3900 MHz, 1000GB SATA, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Mainboard, Radeon HD 8570D 2 GB - the ultimate media system for pure entertainment
Offered by CSL Computer

3.0 out of 5 stars Customer service is first class but..., 20 Mar 2014
The computer arrived very quickly and was easy to set up. Compared to my previous P4 it was very quick.
My only complaint is that the description on Amazon said that it has a 2GB graphics card -

"Graphics Card:description: AMD Radeon HD8570D
Graphics card RAM size: 2048Mb"

but it doesn't - it has "hypermemory" that uses system memory. Google hypermemory if, like me, you don't know what it is.
I ran Piriform's Speccy programme and it said:- 768MB ATI AMD Radeon HD8570D

I contacted CSL about this; their customer service is very good but only led me to Google's explanation of hypermemory.
Unless you are a bit "techy" and already know what hypermemory is, you will probably feel as I do that the description is misleading.

Having said all that I am pleased with the computer for the price and it does all that I ask of it. I am not into gaming so my demands are not great. If you are into heavy gaming I would say that this is not the computer for you as you would have to reduce your settings to make the games work with these graphics. (See Google.)

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Portable Pedicure Device
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Portable Pedicure Device

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, 2 Feb 2014
Having used it for a while I can say that it has done a very good job. Just remember to hold it lightly against the skin or it will soon wear the abrasive out.

Vanity Fair
Vanity Fair

5.0 out of 5 stars A loooong but enjoyable read., 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Vanity Fair (Kindle Edition)
If I'd seen this in its book form I probably would not have read it as it is a very lengthy read.
I'm glad I did read it though and would put it in my top ten best reads.

Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Offered by Glaxio

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well., 2 Feb 2014
I could have got a slightly cheaper one but preferred to go with a well known brand and the extra security of buying from Amazon knowing that if there was a problem it would be sorted to my satisfaction.

Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW - Black
Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Fujifilm HS50EXR in perfectly., 2 Feb 2014
My Fujifilm HS50EXR fits in perfectly and is well padded.
The quality is very good - as you'd expect from Lowepro - and there is room for the strap to nestle on the top to facilitate quick access.
The rainproof cover is a plus - when you've figured out where it is hiding!

Easy Access & Water Resistant Camera Case Bag with Built in Rain Cover for Fuji FUJIFILM FinePix S9400 S9200 S8600 S8400,S8200,S6800,S4800,SL300,SL240 SL1000 HS30,Canon SX50 SX40 SX500 SX510 IS,Panasonic LUMIX LZ20 LZ30 LZ40 FZ72 FZ62 FZ150 FZ200 GH6 G6,Nikon P530,P600 L830 L820 L810 L620 L610 L330 L320 L310 P90 P510 P520,Olympus SP820,Sony H300 H400 HX200 HX300 HX400 Long-Zoom Cameras.
Offered by BV-electronics

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very accurately described, 2 Feb 2014
I wanted this to take my Finepix HS50XR but it was too small by about an inch.
It was not very well made either so I returned it and got a full refund - so full marks for that.
I then ordered a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW - Black and it is perfect for the job.

Fujifilm FinePix HS50 Digital Camera - Black (16 MP, 42x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Offered by Camera Box Kettering

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for wildlife photography., 2 Feb 2014
I like this because of its zoom. It is not as quick at focusing as I expected but is still acceptable. The build quality is good. The photos are clear. The larger sensor is what made me go for this rather than a similar sized zoom from another maker.
I had a problem initially because the camera was described as "New" but it obviously wasn't. The battery had already been charged up fully and there were fingermarks and dust on the lens and zoom body.
Amazon soon sorted this out to my satisfaction.
All I need now is some decent weather!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 2:24 PM BST

Pro Double Dual Head Stethoscope Doctor Nurse EMT Vet Medical Health Care
Pro Double Dual Head Stethoscope Doctor Nurse EMT Vet Medical Health Care
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for my dog, 2 Feb 2014
My dog has a heart murmur so I got one of these and learned how to use it so that I can monitor and react to any changes.
It works well but the earbuds could be a bit more comfortable.

The Practical Dog Listener: The 30-Day Path to a Lifelong Understanding of Your Dog

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good read., 2 July 2013
I just cannot agree with her ideas - they run counter to wolf behaviour that I have seen. Not for me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4