ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

5000 Pond Pump
Offered by aquacadabra
Price: 114.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job without fuss., 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: 5000 Pond Pump (Misc.)
Having had two or three pumps made by a garden hose manufacturer that were in my book, overpriced and not very durable, tried a fishmate pump as it was considerably cheaper. This was five years or so ago. The pump ran 24/7 all year round and only required a service kit once a year. It finally expired a couple of weeks ago and even a service kit would not get it to pump reliably.

So it was a no brainer....another fishmate pump was in order, so got the next size up...the 5000. Despite having to run a pressurised filter it gives an excellent flow over the waterfall. A full 18" sheet of water, the full width of my waterfall.

The intake slots are narrow to prevent small fry from getting sucked in, which since we have newts as well as fish breeding annually is a good thing. I simply pull the pump up about once a month to clean the mud out of the slots.

If this pump lasts as long as the other, I will be well pleased.

Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Nvidia Graphics Card (1GB GDDR5, HDMI, VGA, 2x Dual-link DVI-D, PCI Express 3.0, OpenGL 4.3, GPU Tweak, DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power Technology)
Offered by ILGS - I Love Going Shopping
Price: 107.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed my PC, 2 Mar 2014
Got cliffs of dover combat flight sim and my quad core PC was having real trouble keeping any sort of a frame rate going and the game was virtually unplayable.

Bought the Asus and my PC performance has been transformed.

Be aware though that it is too large for many midi cases and I had to buy a large coolermaster case to get it to fit in.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch wiper blades, 2 Mar 2014
Half the price of Halfords and in my opinion the best blades you can get for the price. I only ever fit Bosch.

Streetwize SWFPHP3 High Pressure Large Twin Piston Foot Pump
Streetwize SWFPHP3 High Pressure Large Twin Piston Foot Pump
Offered by Sports and Outdoors
Price: 16.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pump, 2 Mar 2014
Nice and stable to use, unlike some ankle breakers out there. Pumps my MTB tyres up in a thrice and has a nice action.

The only downside is the plastic valve connector, it is too large in diameter to fit the valve on my Radion air forks as it is down a recess.

I simply put the metal valve connector from my old ankle breaker onto the new pump hose and now it is perfect for me.

Would have been 5 star but for the clunky connector.

Shaving heads, NEW: HQ3 (HP1915*) HQ4 HQ5 HQ55 HQ56 HQ6, suitable (fits) for Philips / Norelco shavers
Offered by shaver-parts
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 2 Mar 2014
Took a week or so to bed in, but now they cut as close as the originals used to do when they were new.

Freestanding Daylight Therapy, Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD Lamp / Light.  CE Certified Medical SAD box
Freestanding Daylight Therapy, Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD Lamp / Light. CE Certified Medical SAD box
Offered by In21 Direct
Price: 64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Life Changing, 23 Feb 2014
What can I say to rate this lamp as the 5 stars do not go high enough?

Simply put, this lamp has changed my life; I never realised just how ill I got in winter till I started using this lamp. Within a week I was a different person and very noticeably so, even my work colleagues have commented.
This winter has felt more like springtime than a dreary wet winter.

I actually enjoy life now and cannot ever see myself without a lamp ever again - except perhaps if I win the lottery and go live somewhere where the sun always shines.

If you suffer at all from SAD, take the plunge, you will not regret it.

Yamaha YAS101bl SoundBar System with Built-In Subwoofer - Black
Yamaha YAS101bl SoundBar System with Built-In Subwoofer - Black
Offered by Peter Tyson Online
Price: 149.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Piece of Equipment, 26 Dec 2013
Bought this due to my Sony Bravia flat TV having very poor sound. Chose this due to it having very good reviews and ordered it via Amazon from Richer Sounds. Ordered it the weekend before Xmas, not expecting it till maybe the new year with the Xmas period being so busy. To my amazement it arrived on Xmas Eve! 2 day delivery, excellent service.

So the unit itself. The unit comes with an optical cable which I just plugged into the optical out socket at the back of my TV, plugged the power cord into the wall socket, turned down the TV speakers and switched on the Soundbar. It really is that easy to set up.
What a revelation. Rich full sound, smooth bass and crystal clear clarity. All of a sudden you can hear grass swishing under the actors feet as he walks across a field, birds singing in the background and every syllable of dialogue in the film. I have the sub turned up to one point less than max and this is perfect for me.
Absolutely amazing sound from such a small unit and I can't say it sounds much different to my old Technics Hifi.

Of course, surround setting is not anywhere near 7.1 or even 5.1, but it does make the sound much fuller and seems to widen the sound.

If you are expecting the sound of bullets whistling past your ears and ricocheting behind you you will be disappointed and you need a true home cinema setup. If you are an audiophile that pays 600 just for a pair of speakers and 1500 on an amp, this unit is not for you.

IF you are someone casually looking for merely excellent sound quality from your TV, rather than the absolute excellence for excellence's sake that a true audio enthusiast would look for, then be very prepared to be blown away with the Yamaha YAS101.

Ebac 2650E 18L Dehumidifier Electronic up to 4 bed house 2 Years Warranty
Ebac 2650E 18L Dehumidifier Electronic up to 4 bed house 2 Years Warranty
Offered by U Stores
Price: 213.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 2 Dec 2013
After 3 weeks the amount of water it removed fell off and we now only have to empty the tank every 3 days or so. The house is completely dried out and those doors that tend to stick in the winter no longer do so. The house does no have any particular damp problem, but can get clammy in damp winter weather which the Ebac has now sorted. The house is so much more comfortable and paited surfaces no longer feel "sticky" to the touch on particularly bad days.

Karrimor Men's Bodmin Ii Mid Weathertite Light Mink Walking Boot K300Lmk155 9 Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and does it well, 2 Dec 2013
My second pair of Karrimores and used to walk the dogs across muddy fields. They are waterproof, lightweight and comfortable. My first pair are still going strong after 3 years; but are no longer waterproof due to being erroneously put in the washing machine, so I can attest to their durability.
Very well made for the price.

Shropshire Blue: A Shropshire Lad in the RAF, Volume 1, Preparation For Flight
Shropshire Blue: A Shropshire Lad in the RAF, Volume 1, Preparation For Flight
Price: 0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed every moment, 2 Dec 2013
Having just finished this book I have to wonder when volume two is to be released. A thoroughly enjoyable read and I can identify strongly with the author, we appear to have the same self doubt, the same quest for personal excellence and the same attitude to leadership.
Unlike the author though, after passing my apprenticeship in civvy street and offered an initial, provisional appointment as a trainee propulsion technician in the RAF I fell at the first hurdle, not wanting to leave friends and family after much soul searching. A decision I regret to this day.

Happily the author did not fall and I was able to see what would have happened to me had I been a little less conservative.

This book has now joined others in my bookcase, be it paper or electronic that are worth reading more than once and Ron can be proud to be associated with the likes of Geoffrey Wellum and Earnest K Gann on my bookshelves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4