Profile for Amanda Stewart > Reviews

Amanda Stewart

A Song of Ice and Fire (5) - A Dance With Dragons: Book 5
A Song of Ice and Fire (5) - A Dance With Dragons: Book 5

3.0 out of 5 stars Very long, very descriptive, very boring, 29 Mar. 2014
I love Game of Thrones! The first 3 books (and the 4th book- though to a lesser extent) are amazing and when I was reading them I didn't want to put them down as I was so absorbed in GRRM's world. This book, however, took me a lot longer to get through as I feel I had to force myself to read it. At the start it was ok, I was loving all the wonderful descriptions but as the book goes on and all these descriptions just keep coming but with virtually nothing actually happening to the characters. They seem to be going nowhere or at least not going anywhere fast and it starts to get boring. The only character's story that I felt was interesting and didn't get boring was Theon's.
Overall, this book was very disappointing. It felt very long winded and some parts (particularly the descriptions) could easily have been edited out and replaced with more development of the storyline.