Profile for Mr. Roy Stephens > Reviews

Faceless
Faceless
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal at its Best, 7 May 2010
This review is from: Faceless (Audio CD)
I have to say that this one of the best in nu metal/rock metal cd's of recent years. I first took interest to the band when I listened to the end credits of the Scorpian King film a few years back. I loved the song I Stand Alone but never caught the bands name until a friend told me that they were called Godsmack and they made the song.

I bought the album not expecting anything to stand out beyond that song, but was most taken back with the quality of all the other songs and how powerful they draw you in. Great strong vocals and excellent guitar riffs flowing along with medium to fast aggressive drumming.
I think their kind of nu metal/alternative metal but they employ a sound more back to the days of early 90's alice in chains rock/metal with some of the more recent metal bands of Korn and the Disturbed sound. Still great pounding in your face sound but with melody as well throughout the songs.
Strongly worth checking out.

Luxury Soul 2013
Luxury Soul 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Old School Romance, 27 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Luxury Soul 2013 (Audio CD)
Omar Chandler takes you back to those Keith Sweat and Gerald Levert slow jams from the early 90s.

Recommended if you like RnB ballads with an urban hip hop sound.