Profile for Mr. P. Foster > Reviews

Black Hole
Black Hole
by Charles Burns

2.0 out of 5 stars Nicely drawn, but where is the story?, 5 May 2008
This review is from: Black Hole (Hardcover)
I have just finished this book and have to admit I am quite a newcomer to the graphic book scene.

I enjoyed reading the book because I felt as though we were going somewhere and was waiting for the big reveal. Unfortunately there wasn't one! It ended up not going anywhere at all, and left me more than a little disappointed in the end.

Nice idea, but needs more work in the plot department.

Wasting Police Time: The Crazy World of the War on Crime
Wasting Police Time: The Crazy World of the War on Crime
by David Copperfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book. A must read for police officers and others, 28 Dec. 2006
Having read a few of Davids blog entries I decided to treat myself to the book. Glad I did. It's excellent. Full of interesting, humourous and poignant stories. Tells the truth about what life as a police officer is like.

The God Delusion
The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a 'Life Changing' Piece of Work!!!, 4 Oct. 2006
This review is from: The God Delusion (Hardcover)
An absolutely excellent piece of work. I truly believe that this is the best piece of non fiction that I have ever read. Dawkins takes a well balanced and scientific view of the subjects, whilst managing to be quite ironic and witty. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times (Which is not what I would normally expect from a book such as this)

I did find that some of the more technical issues surrounding genes and memes were a little too in depth for the layman, but on the whole it was written very much with the average reader in mind and was extremely easy to follow.

I truly believe that everybody should read this book, if it does not change the way you look at life I suspect you are already an atheist. As for those who say Dawkins argument is flawed, please enlighten us... In which way?

Roll ME over: An Infantryman's World War II (Presidio War Classic. World War II)
by Raymond Gantter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely excellent read!!!, 21 Jan. 2004
A superb book. Accounts for just a few months in the life of this man, but you feel that he ages and matures a great deal in that time. I would not agree with 'Holier than thou' comments made by previous reviewers. In my opinion this was just a decent, thoughtful and educated man doing his duty in the face of some horrendous difficulty.
I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to know what life was like for the ordinary Infantry soldier during World War II.