Profile for Ginnymac > Reviews

Content by Ginnymac

Ginnymac "ginnymac60" (Norfolk, UK)

Justin Fletcher Sings Something Special
Justin Fletcher Sings Something Special

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD for the car or at home, 24 Jun 2010
I cannot rate this CD highly enough- I bought it when my son was approaching 1 year, hes now 2 and its always been a firm favourite in the car and he's always asking for it. As he watchs Cbeebies he loved listening to this as Justins voice was familar. As he's grown, he now sings along with the songs- he loves incy wincy spider and hickory dickory doc in particular as these are both done exceptionally well with lovely additions from Justin.

That's Not My Monster (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
That's Not My Monster (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best "thats not my" books, 26 April 2009
My little boy (9 months) loves this book, he has other books from the "thats not my" range but this is one of his favourites because all the pages have nice things to feel and he can look at the faces- we can point out eyes, nose etc on each page so it helps him pick that up too. Have found with some of the others ("thats not my car" for example,) that he gets bored and isn't drawn to the pictures as much as this one.

Lamaze Jacques the Peacock
Lamaze Jacques the Peacock

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this toy, 3 Dec 2008
Bought this from amazon for my 4 month old baby and he loved it from the very first day- he stares at it intently for a long time (think its cause its got big bold eyes to look into). Its really easy to take around with you and I tend to clip mine to the top of my baby gym so that its looking down on my little boy- he'll stare at it for ages. He also loves to feel all the different textures too. Highly rate this toy.

Tiny Love Gymini Melody Maker
Tiny Love Gymini Melody Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been a good purchase, 15 Oct 2008
I bought this for my little boy who is nearly 4 months old. Immediately I was really pleased with the quality of this item, its really colourful and the hanging toys have a lot to capture little ones attention. I've washed the mat in the machine on a cold wash with no problems too which is very useful. At the moment, my baby particularly likes the mirror when he's on his tummy and there is a nice flower teether toy for chewing. The other great thing is that this is a really portable gym, it folds and unfolds really easily so he's been able to play with it when we are visiting other people. Its been a good purchase for us.

Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma
Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been a great investment, 2 Oct 2008
Until recently I had been using a manual pump which I found to be a bit hit and miss- sometimes I could express fine with it, other times it didn't work for me. I have found this electric pump to be really good, it works for me every time, is pretty quiet and whats more no more aching hand from the manual pumping- hurrah! I've also been impressed at the speed at which this works, I can express the amount that I need in around 15 mins which means I'm free to carry on with my day. Its really easy to keep clean and sterilised too- with the manual pump I had there were lots of fiddly bits to wash but this one is pretty straightforward. Wish I had purchased one of these sooner...

Living with a House Rabbit
Living with a House Rabbit
by Linda Dykes

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for reference, 13 April 2005
I found this to be a very useful basic reference to keeping a house bunny. I've had my houserabbit for a while now and do still refer to this book from time to time. The sections on feeding and health are useful. Also, there is a short but useful section around introducing new pets to your rabbit. Would have liked to see more tips on keeping life fun for my rabbit- but there are a some suggestions here.

The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999]
The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston (Voice)

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 13 April 2005
This review is from: The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
I'm a 28 yr old who's a bit of sucker for animation so I was drawn to this. Found it to be a really tender and thoughtful story and I really enjoyed it- think theres something in here for children and parents alike. Agree with another reviewers comments about the closing scenes- lovely and touching. Would definately recommend- you'll fall for this.