ARRAY(0xaa0b11bc)

Biyang RV-10 Stereo "Tri Reverb" Guitar Effects Pedal
Biyang RV-10 Stereo "Tri Reverb" Guitar Effects Pedal
Offered by GuitarAC

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads more Biyang for your buck., 17 Jan 2014
This pedal is excellent! I have the Hardwire stereo reverb which has many options but none that gave me the sound I wanted.
This little blue beauty gives that ethereal Jeff Buckley/John Mayer sound and the Hall setting allows notes to gently fade in the distance beautifully .
There have been suggestions of unreliability but it is too early to tell. I had an MXR GTOD custom shop which died on me,so no pedal is immune to such foibles.
The knobs have a smooth resistance and serve an added purpose by protecting the two teeny micro switches from being knocked or stepped on.
Mains input is solid and secure.
It is probably best to set it as you like it and leave it .

It even came with a selection of shiney stickers,should you wish to glam it up.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Let joyo be unbounded!, 28 April 2013
Well,I used an early Ross chorus in the eighties and more recently ,an original 80s Yamaha chorus ,both were excellent,though the Yamaha is too hissy.
This joyo,is whisper quiet and well Gavin and Stacey....LUSH.
I just put both controls to 12o'clock and don't need to fiddle with settings any further.
It lends a certain "sadness" to guitar tones ,if that doesn't sound too naff?
Some chorus pedals just seem to add a layer rather than a watercolour hue.
Magic!
Build quality is stout ,knobs smooth,switching positive, metal in/ out sockets,battery included ,graphics a little odd...a clenched fist?.....yea,THAT'S what a chorus sounds like....I'm going to paint it green....you won't like me when I'm angry....!
It's a joyo kitch thing.
Buy with confidence.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2013 11:38 PM GMT

Dunlop MXR 75 Vintage Phase 45 Pedal
Dunlop MXR 75 Vintage Phase 45 Pedal

5.0 out of 5 stars 90 or 45?, 17 April 2013
I used a phase 45 in the famous Liverpool band ,Killerwatt....just because it looked like a phase 90 which was more expensive in Hessys Music shop.We used to play ,the lizzy tune ,the rocker,and this pedal was perfect for that and the hawkwind ditty,kerb crawler.
Zip forward many years and several phase / vibe pedals later and I'm back with the script logo 45.
The phase 90 is indeed a classic but has a pronounced phase which can only be slowed rather than toned down.
This isn't a flaw , as such,just a matter of taste.
The 45 is gentler,has a more pleasant shift in tones and evokes the dark side of the moon sound with ease.
It may be worth buying the visual sound 1spot battery clip converter ,if you plan to use the unit regularly....it ll pay for itself,eventually.

JOYO JF-06 Vintage Phase Guitar Effect Pedal
JOYO JF-06 Vintage Phase Guitar Effect Pedal

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just a silly phase I'm going through........, 3 Aug 2012
Joyo ultimate drive is an amazing pedal. It was this that tempted me to try the phaser pedal ,as I have a MXR block phaser which I never really liked because the effect seems too pronounced at any speed.
So,deep Joyo,the hideously coloured orange pastel vintage phaser,with the 'n' letter in 'vintage ' back to front in the logo,is everything I'd hoped for .The phase is well balanced at any speed and doesn't overwhelm the guitar signal.It has a seventies vibe in a almost vocal tone,which is featured in a YouTube clip where the guitarist plays the simple phased intro from Lou Reed Rock n Roll animal,which must have featured a script logo MXR,I guess.
Sadly,the knob fell off when I took it out of the box but a dab of superglue sorted that.The casing,jack inputs,mains connection and speed knob taper are all top quality and there's even a battery included for 28 quid in total!
The sticker on the side of the box proclaims that you will love this if you are a fan of van HELEN!?.....don't know who she is but this phaser is something special.
Oh yes,it is amazingly quiet,even with added filth.Deep Joyo!,
Hope they make a vibe pedal soon.
My hero,Paul Kossoff used a phaser on occasions and this magic box brings the Koss tone a bit closer.
Buy this pedal, it's SWWWISSSH!

Timex Original T28201 PF Men's Analog Quartz Watch with Brown Leather Strap
Timex Original T28201 PF Men's Analog Quartz Watch with Brown Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars About timex!!, 15 Jun 2012
Well, what can I say?!!
Like other reviewers,I was in need of better glasses or a better watch.
I wanted something traditional(i.e `old`) but not £2 junk shop chic .
Reliable but not overloaded with dials and buttons.
This watch is AWESOME!
The face is about one and a half inches wide and the brown leather stitched strap is high quality ,with enough clasp holes to fit any wrist.
As a bonus, touch the winder and the whole face lights up enough to see the time at night.
I love it .
Being a skinflint, too,the price is just silly!
It has no date facility,but that is part of the simple charm and who cares what date it is anyway...if you have a phone that will tell you,probably by text,voicemail,speak and spell,telepathy ,clairvoiance, sms,gps,exocet missile....maybe not.
Buy yourself this watch and if you don`t like it,give it as a pressy to someone who does!

Moen MO-VB Shaky Jimi GEN3 - Vintage Vibe Vibrato Chorus - Guitar Effects Pedal
Moen MO-VB Shaky Jimi GEN3 - Vintage Vibe Vibrato Chorus - Guitar Effects Pedal
Offered by Harry's Guitar Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth knobs and wobbly goodness., 28 April 2012
I have been on a quest for `that` vibe tone which evokes Jimi ,Robin and makes me play with feel rather than format.Not much to ask for in a pedal,eh?!
I won`t compare it with others as it is such a subjective choice but this one really hits the spot.
The metal casing is a matt,almost dusty finish with a nice-and probably naughty-jimi image.
The underside has a good,non slip,padding and the input jacks are very solid.
The three knobs feel solid and expensive ,with that gentle reassuring resistance as you turn them.The foot switch is very positive and a little stiff which may mean it
will need replacing at some point ,but that is just a guess and could be said of any pedal.
The micro switch for chorus or vibe selection is fine but won`t get used by me as chorus was not what I bought this pedal for.
I can`t comment on that side of the pedal,particularly as it requires a manual adjustment when playing live and moving from vibe to chorus.
Yeah...but what does it sound like?!!!
Put it this way,I have never played `no quarter`,the moody zep epic,before but that`s what the tone did for me.
It is difficult to find a `bad` sound with this vibe,always a good acid test for any stomp box and the background noise is minimal,even with filth applied.
That Bridge of Sighs hammer-on intro tone is there too and best of all,Paul Kossoff Molten Gold and Time Away sneak up on you!!
It is not quite phase,not quite chorus ,a little bit `wah` and a whole lotta soul.
I pay £80 to fill my car which is gone in a jiffy-this is half that price(almost) and much more fun! I might just buy another and start to walk!!
Kudos to Harry`s guitar shop too,the amazon trader, for great packaging, swift delivery and a free logo plecky.
My vibe quest is over!

Good Clean Fun
Good Clean Fun

5.0 out of 5 stars KAPOOT INDEED!, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Good Clean Fun (Audio CD)
Well....I am astounded....and that doesn`t happen to me,musically ,that often!
I was browsing for obscure old tosh in the vain hope of finding something `of it`s time` but still with that something special.
This album cost less than,for example,classic rock magazine,so what the heck...?
It is like nothing I have ever heard-but not in a Mars Volta sense(who I also like...).
I makes me think zappa...then Deaf School (ace liverpool arty band from the late 70s)then...ee[...] ballad but wait....harpsichord ?...lead guitar solos...what is going on?
I hate it...I love it....I don`t get it....I play it again!!!
Everything you could want in the quest for obscure brilliance!!!
I`d say buy it and judge for yourself....my smug old crusty`I`ve heard it all before went -footch----`kapoot!` indeed .!!!

Electric Warrior
Electric Warrior
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes,you do need another copy of Electric Warrior!!, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Electric Warrior (Audio CD)
Like the American reviewer linked to Amazon UK says,this is the best version of a classic Bolan album.
I also have the anniversary edition,the Castle edition ,the sacd release and (yes ,I need to get out more!)this is the one that hits the spot.
Warm,but crisp sound which reveals details that were hidden,particularly Bill Legend`s drumming and Flo and Eddie`s unique backing vocals.The sound is perfectly balanced and lets the listener pay attention to every nuance or just go with the flow and eddy of the music as it washes over you and laps at your feet!(enuf with the puns, already).
One final thought,Amazon should reduce the price as HMV has it for 3.99 inc.p and p.
Bang a gong in the mambo sun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2012 2:53 PM GMT

TeckNet® Kindle Keyboard Premium Folio Case / Cover for Amazon Kindle Keyboard / Kindle 3 - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy Kindle, 5 Oct 2011
This is the perfect protection for the Kindle.
Easy to secure and remove and at a price that is hard to beat.
Tastefull colours too!

Wishing Well: The Collection
Wishing Well: The Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes , you do need another Free compilation!, 8 April 2011
Ok ,so maybe the cover caught your eye or you were thinking this was an Anthology repackaged..?
Well,I don`t know if the esteemed David Clayton,who wrote the insert notes, chose the set-list, but if he did,hats off to you sir!
I have numerous best of free collections and they all offer something different.Well maybe not the Bob Clearmountain remix (drenched in reverb cos he must do his remixing up a clear mountain!).
Wishing Well ,the Collection has exemplary sound,is cheap and chock full ,over two discs ,of tunes to grab your heart and head.Probably other wobbly bits too,if you must wig out to Alright Now!
Sunny Day, Child,Soon I will be gone,Love you so,Bodie and the Stealer with the ending, jaw-dropping notes for Koss`s finale,clearly inspired by his reaction to the inner cd tray photo of him ,lion`s mane hair and chain knitted tank top-but seriously,if you play guitar at any level, I defy you to recreate the last few minutes of the Stealer.Kossoff catharsis at it`s finest.
All in all ,this collection holds together wonderfully, as it is sequenced with thought and soul.

It has the feel of meeting someone you loved and lost walking slowly past you, just one last time.Life is Free. Here is your Magic Ship, if you care to go on a trip.
Phil,Forever Free.