Profile for Pumagwi > Reviews

Pumagwi "Grali" (Australia)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but generously sized!, 17 Jun. 2011
I really like this garment and it looks to be good quality. It does seem to run big. I got a size 3-4. My daughter fits size 2 of small sized 3s. This is massive and I think that she wont be in it for a good few years. I'd look at it being for very large 3 year olds with some rolling up of legs/sleeves or for 4-5 really.

Best Bear
Best Bear
by Emma Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 27 May 2011
This review is from: Best Bear (Board book)
I got it from the library and had to go them buy my own copy. I actually got a bit teary reading it. Lovely book for toddlers!

Farley Farts (Sound Board Books)
Farley Farts (Sound Board Books)
by Birte Muller

5.0 out of 5 stars A thunderously amusing story., 17 Feb. 2011
I love this book and it's been a favorite of my daughter since she was six months old. It appeals to the 4 year old boy in all of us. After all when else is there a time more appropriate to enjoy fart humour than childhood, although many of us never really grow out of it. I like the story and my daughter loves pressing the fart button for sound effects. We all make our best fart noises together during the story. There's nothing like the sight of 10 month old blowing raspberries at all the right moments as you read to her. A great book!

That's Not My Bunny (Touchy-Feely Board Books)
That's Not My Bunny (Touchy-Feely Board Books)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Oct. 2010
I have about 10 books from this series and love them as does my daughter who reads them daily. This one however is disappointing. Some bits are described twice. The 'shiny' eyes are simply a flat black in my book. The texture bit is sometimes quite small and the pictures are pastel colored. Its a bit boring and blah compared to a lot of the others in the series.

I'd go for the truck, dragon, pirate, robot, or tiger ones over this one.

That's Not My Fairy
That's Not My Fairy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series., 14 Oct. 2010
This review is from: That's Not My Fairy (Board book)
I love this series of books and recommend them to everyone with bubs, starting from around 4 months. My bub looks at her books in this series every day and I have about 10 of them.

This one however isn't a great favorite. I think the ones with brighter colors tend to be more appealing to babies. This one does have some impressive fairies in it, with good sized texture patches. There are some impressive fairy wings to be seen. It's a nice book just not a favorite compared to others in the series.

That's Not My Dolly (Touchy-Feely Board Books)
That's Not My Dolly (Touchy-Feely Board Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely books!, 14 Oct. 2010
I love this series and have maybe 10 of these books which my bub looks at on a daily basis.

For some reason this one is not very popular with my baby who tends to like those books in this series with bright colors eg truck, dragon, monster, pirate. I got her some girly ones like this one and the fairy one but she isn't a big fan of them. The colors are a bit pastely just don't seem to interest her as much.

That's not my collection 4 Books Set Pack RRP: £ 23.96 (That's not my Lion, That's not my bunny, That's not my santa, That's not my monster) (That's not my collection)
by Various

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice collection of books in this great series., 14 Oct. 2010
This is a handy little pack of these wonderful books. My bub has loved this series from about 4 months and currently looks at these books on a daily basis.

These 4 are a little too similar all being animals. The teddy one and the tiger one are perhaps the nicest with lovely bright pictures. I love these 2 books.

The polar bear one is a little bit less interesting as there are not that many colors you can use to depict a frozen habitat or a white bear or things about polar bears that are very different. The mouse on every page is cute in a scarf and beanie though. On the whole I like this book.

The bunny one is a bit boring as the texture bits are small and it all is in pastel colors. The bunny is also supposed to have shiny eyes on one page and my book just has a rabbit with flat black eyes so I wonder if this book is faulty or if it is supposed to be like this. I was disappointed with this book.

These are great books for little babies. I do suggest though maybe going for a greater variety of subjects than just animals unless your baby or you has a particular interest in them. I also think that some of the books with bright colors are more appealing.

Overall the advantage of this 4 pack is that it is a cheap way to build your collection of these books but that's at the expense of being free to choose a wider range of subjects.

That's Not My Pirate (Touchy-Feely Board Books)
That's Not My Pirate (Touchy-Feely Board Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahoy my Hearties!, 18 Sept. 2010
Lovely book. My 8 month daughter loves it and looks at it every day. Only negative I see is that there is only one female pirate featured in the book. I'd still heartily recommend it for any little pirate girls out there as well as the boys.

That's Not My Pony (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
That's Not My Pony (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, 17 Sept. 2010
I have a few from this series and this book in both French and English. Its a good book but the pictures aren't as bright as some of the others and it tends to get read by my bub a bit less compared to some of the others. It is nice just not a favourite.

Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition) [DVD] [1995]
Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition) [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 17 Sept. 2010
Oh Darcy, bestill my beating heart! My favourite version of this classic... I love it!

Page: 1 | 2