Profile for J. R. L. Moyse > Reviews

Content by J. R. L. Moyse

J. R. L. Moyse "P/T gamer/Music maker" (Somerset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Casio HDA-600B-1BVEF Men's Analogue Watch with Resin Strap
Casio HDA-600B-1BVEF Men's Analogue Watch with Resin Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap cheerful and well built - BUT LOOKS GOOD, 17 July 2014
Cheap cheerful and well built. Not as chunky as most of the sporty watches, which i think is a good thing. I hat those GIANT watches on the wrist. Anyway....
This watch is well built, doesn't cost a bomb. Tells the time, glows in the dark etc

4/5 i think

Oh **** it - ill give it 5/5 - I knew what I was buying before i ordered it. and it is exactly what i wanted

WMA Funny Toilet Seat Sticker Humor Bathroom Decal Windows Doors Walls Decoration
Offered by Easy Time Uk

1.0 out of 5 stars ... (8 or 9 now) this is by far the worst. The cut of the transfer was very bad ..., 17 July 2014
Out of all the stickers i have got (8 or 9 now) this is by far the worst. The cut of the transfer was very bad quality. I have very skilled fingers and these wall art stickers are a doddle.
This one however ripped immediatly, got stuck together and within 5 seconds I had turned from Bruce Banner into the Hulk. I ended up making a neat sticky black ball with 75% of the sticker and projecting it like a teenager flicking a bogey - accross my hallway, in an attempt to make it stick to the wall. It fell to the floor like a depressed lemming

I 'saved' the eyes, hair and nose. I stuck them on my toilet.

Imagination (Nebula, Albert Einstein Quote) Art Maxi Poster Print - 61x91 cm
Imagination (Nebula, Albert Einstein Quote) Art Maxi Poster Print - 61x91 cm
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap, big, pretty, good quality, 17 July 2014
cheap, big, pretty, good quality what else do i need to say. inspiring... colourful... interesting... inspiring...

Mustard Katana Bookends
Mustard Katana Bookends
Offered by CuteBitz Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool on the shelf, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Mustard Katana Bookends (Misc.)
Looks cool on the shelf, hold books together in a very non femenine / grown up manner.
Dont think my grandparents would of liked it, but I do

the plastic looks like plastic - from a distance of <50cm, but if you angle it right (easy to do) it looks very authentic when on display.It is easy to set up and has had all my house guests comment on it.

a winner in my books

Umiwe(TM) Plum Blossom Tree &Flying Butterflies wall Sticker decals With Umiwe Accessory Peeler
Offered by Umiwe-Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars But this one was the worst. The cut was not deep, 17 July 2014
I have brought several of these (-£5) wall stickers now, for various rooms. But this one was the worst. The cut was not deep, it did not peel very well.
Due to the design.... and the fact it was creased, i had to cut it up and join it like a puzzle on the wall. Not an issue as long as you line it up carefully. But due to some bits being stretched, due to the crease, its not 100%

Which is a shame, because at first glance. And as long as you stand over a metre away,- it looks amazing. But get close and you see the flaws in it.

Im sure if i ordered another it would be ok. but theres always a small percentage that get the naffly packed ones. looked like i got the short straw this time

nudeArt - limited edition art print of No. 29 oil paintings in A4 and signed by the artist - 250 copies worldwide - nudes naked woman art print woman poster image images graphic erotic nudes
Offered by Aalglatt Artgalery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pictures, 11 Jun 2014
The picture is good, but the print quality is not amazing. But I am sure, once framed and covered in glass it will look better. But for the money. It will still look good in my new gaff :-)

Asus DVD-RW Drive (DRW-24F1ST/BLK/AS, S-ATA, DVDR: 24x, CD-R: 48x, E-Green, Disc Encryption II)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good drive, 30 April 2014
Even with the correct drivers installed tho it only writes at 12x speed in all burning programs (6 tested inc the windows built in one) - But tbh i would have used this speed anyway. So i am not that bothered. but i sort of am too.
Every now and then you hear it powering down. but you dont realised its on beforehand.

its a little noisy when burning tbh, compared to others i have heard.

but it looks very smart. and compliments my budget, yet cool trendy modern pc.

happy with this product, and would recommend it too.

i do like asus tho.

its a brand i have never had a bad experience with.

Asus/Acer/Zalman/Corsair/Gigabyte all my "safe" brands

Sharkoon Skiller Keyboard
Sharkoon Skiller Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 30 April 2014
Most of the keyboards I have brought I have switched between very easily. This one does feel different and will take getting used too. There is just something about it. The way it feels. The position of a few of the keys.

Having said that, its a good keyboard. The buttons work well. The function keys are great etc. The blue light is..... err...... groovy. And like my mouse's lights - ALWAYS on (due to usb power)

Not gonna give it a 5 star tho. Cos of the reduced sized backspace and the feel of it. oh.... i needed to do the screws up myself.... as the lazy people at the factory decided to only do them 85% of the way, which resulted in a flappy pressing effect. not what i would of expected from a keyboard costing more than a fiver.

Einhell 650 Watt Corded Impact Drill With Electronic Speed Control
Einhell 650 Watt Corded Impact Drill With Electronic Speed Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, solid piece of kit, 9 April 2014
I have used plenty of expensive drills. And a fair few cheapo B&Q/Asda/Macro style ones. You can normally tell the difference very easily. This one is priced at the lower end of the spectrum but yet is 150w higher than most in its price range. Which was £27.95 at the time of ordering.
I normally like getting as good as I can get, whilst still getting value for money etc. This defiantly does this. So far I have drilled six holes. All of them done quickly, using the hammer function.

The drill feels good in the hand, has a good weight. The second handle us useful. The switches are easy to use. The lock mode works well as does the speed adjust.

All of the materials look and feel good. This does not feel like a budget drill. I run it for a few minutes to see if it smoked or smelt. It didnt. It is a good drill for the money, that is for sure

Please note that the drill does look different to the one in the picture. But this is good. Its now got a stainless steel sticky thingy with the cm on, rather than the dark grey one pictured. And the body of the drill is now a darker shade of blue. But honestly, it looks better now. The buttons remain the lovable bright bluey green they chose originally.

Good purchase. Prob still a good buy at £40, although I didn't look at the drills in this range. So there may be better for more money. But for under £30, this is super.

I only wanted to spend £20 tops, but I am happy I forked out the extra £8

Perixx DX-1000L, Gaming Mouse Pad - 320x270x2mm Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Its (very) black and (very) flat and (very) grippy, 5 April 2014
Its (very) black and (very) flat and (very) grippy. So as far as mouse mats go - this one is pukka.

Never heard of Perixx but I have been out of the computing loop for a while. But this goes with my new computer wonderfully. And provides great traction for my new budget Technet gaming mouse

Page: 1 | 2 | 3