Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "jintyb" (edinburgh)

Page: 1 | 2
Necessary Lies
Necessary Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Necessary Lies (Kindle Edition)
Read this book in a day! Very well researched with great characters and story. This is the first Diane Chamberlain book I have read but I will certainly be reading more of her work!

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
by Beth Hoffman

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet as sugar - not necessarily a good thing!, 29 Sep 2013
The editorial blurb compares this to The Color Purple-no way!
The Color Purple is in a completely different league to this effort. This is an easy read, likeable but in no way taxing. Skims over anything "gritty" and never really looks at anything too deeply. I thougbt I was reading a book for children at some points. Nice try, but not a "must read"

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this item it's rubbish, 6 July 2013
I bought this item, and within a month the casing around the wires spilt exposing bare wires. Then when I returned it they said they had no other complaints about this item and they would only refund when the product was received back to them. I am still waiting for a refund - its only a tenner + postage, but that's not the point. Its dangerous!

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly outstanding, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed all of Kate Atkinson's books very much, she is one of my favourite authors. I buy her books without a second thought as I know I'm in for an excellent read. With Life after Life she has surpassed herself. It is a fantastic, clever and haunting book. It is really unusual but a gripping story centring around a great character. The book of 2013!

Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen: A Novel
Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected pleasure, 14 Feb 2013
a lovely story, simple on the surface but with lots of meaning and emotion. I really enjoyed this book a lot.

Trick Of The Dark
Trick Of The Dark
by Val McDermid

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Val - what a let down!, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: Trick Of The Dark (Hardcover)
I adore Val McDermid's books, so when a new one appears, I cant wait to read it.
I'm not usually disappointed, but in this case I was. I dont know what's come over her this time, but the characters are really boring the pace of the book is very laboured. I felt the lesbian references were totally overdone to the detriment of the story. I try not to read reviews till after I've finished reading the book - I am quite relieved to find that I am not the only one who feels like this about this book .

Thin Blue Smoke (Macmillan New Writing)
Thin Blue Smoke (Macmillan New Writing)
by Doug Worgul

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book, 26 Sep 2010
I loved this book. The characters were so well written I felt they were real people. More than just a good read,this book was thought-provoking without being in any way stuffy. I loved the story lines, the characters, and the writing. I would recommend this book to anyone. Any chance of a sequel, as I dont want to say goodbye to the Smoke Meat family!

The Personal History of Rachel DuPree
The Personal History of Rachel DuPree
by Ann Weisgarber

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book!, 13 Sep 2010
There are not enough words to describe how good this book is, the writing is so evocative you feel you are living alongside Rachel every step of the way!
I wouldnt be surprised if this book becomes a modern classic - it should be prescribed reading in schools as it covers so many topics!
A triumph!

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
by Jamie Ford

2.0 out of 5 stars Saccharin sweet romance - disappointing!, 13 Sep 2010
I was really looking forward to reading this, but I found the story incredibly slow. I enjoyed the historical side of the novel but overall Ifelt the author was totally self indulgent in his writing. At first, from the authors description I thought that Henry was a really old man ooking back on his life, turned out he was only 56! The way his long lonst first love was ale to be tracked down after forty years was far fetched and contrived.
Very disappointing!

Twilight
Twilight
by Peter James

2.0 out of 5 stars Really boring, 27 May 2010
This review is from: Twilight (Paperback)
I was really looking forward to reading this, but it was a total let down.I love a good thriller but this fell short of the mark.

Page: 1 | 2