Profile for John Hess > Reviews

Content by John Hess

John Hess "Hess" (Nottingham)

LMA Manager 2001
LMA Manager 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 19 Jun. 2006
This review is from: LMA Manager 2001 (Video Game)
I still play on this ( its very difficult to get Forest to win the premiership!) Obviously it is old and you will want something more up-to-date but if you want a slice of 2001 football buy this.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Even If You Dont Like Them., 18 Jun. 2006
This album is historic. Its differtent and original. I wanted to hate them because my sister goes on about them all the time. But i couldnt. They are common but i dont care, it makes them better.

1. The View From The Afternoon- 8/10. Makes you want to become a drummer. Didnt like it at first but it grew on me. Listen to before you go out.

2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor 8/10. To be honest I skip this one because ive heard it too may times. But still gets you very hyped up and buzzing.

3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco-7/10. The lyrics from this song are exceptional. But i think it falls a bit short. Doesnt really have a catchy chorus. Has the best line off the album 'Youre not from new york city, youre from rotheram'.

4. Dancing Shoes 6/10. OK. Bit average. Listen to before you go out. 'Get on your dancing shoes you sexy little swine' is a brilliant line.

5. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me - 6/10. Still great lyrics.

6. Still Take You Home-10/10. Its my favoutite one off the album. Not repeated on the radio all the time. The lyrics can be related to by everyone. Most people think this is a rather average track but i love it.

7. Riot Van 6/10- Not Great this one. Listen to when you are still pissed from the night before and you were chased by the police.

8. Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured 7/10. Good Song. Great lyrics.

9. Mardy Bum 9/10- Used to be my favoutite but over-listened to it, if you know what i mean.

10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But..-7/10. Grew on me.

11. When The Sun Goes Down 7/10- Heard on the radio too many times, but still a great track.

12. From The Ritz To The Rubble-8/10- I really like this song, yet again the lyrics are brilliant.

13. A Certain Romance-8/10. Great end to the album.

I have the feeling that thier 2nd album wont be as good as this one. The reason this album isnt 5 stars is because alot of the album sounds very similar. But dont get me wrong, This album is brilliant.

Get Lifted
Get Lifted
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary, 18 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Get Lifted (Audio CD)
Must have for your music collection. Listen to when you are trying to relax, or with your girlfriend/boyfriend.

Let's Get Lifted: 7/10: Not my favourite song on the album. The beginning of the album doesn't reach the standard of the second for me.

Used to Love U: 8/10: The song is more up tempo and very catchy. Good break up song. Gives the album more variety, you cant just have all sad ballards!

Alright: 7/10: I just love the lyrics and the bass line is great. But i think this isnt one of the best tracks, its a bit predictable.

She Don't have to Know: 7/10: OK, not particularly strong. To be honest its a bit of a filler song.

Number One: 10/10: One of my ultimate highlights from the whole album! Cant help but sing along! Kanye West adds a different flavour which makes it very diverse and still class.

I Can Change: 5/10: This song is my least favourite, a bit boring. Snoop Dogg just annoys me, just the same crap he always does.

Ordinary People: 10/10: Just great! Love the piano in this one as well. I cant believe they released a radio version with a beat in the background. This is far better.

Stay With You: 9/10: This is one of the more beautiful songs on the album. John legend's voice sounds sublime. Good love song.

Let's get lifted again: 5/10: Still haven't really listened to this one as it hasn't grabbed me in any way as yet but it's relaxing and has a nice melody. Shows his voice off well too. Filler song really.

So High: 10/10: Another highlight. Just John's voice and the piano is breathtaking. Just sit back and listen. I think this may be my favourite.

Refuge (when it's cold outside): 7/10: Good song, but the lyrics arent that great on this one. The vocals are still fantastic.

It don't have to change: 10/10 definitely!: This is my favourite off the album. This track hasnt been released and is a delightfull suprise at the end of the album. This song should have been the ending one.

Live it Up: 7/10: Slightly dissapointing end to the album. But still a good track.should have been put at the begging. Good lyrics.

I wouls strongly advise any fan of chilling out to get this album.