Profile for Clare, Selby > Reviews

Content by Clare, Selby

Clare, Selby

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beading with Cabochons: Simple Techniques for Beautiful Jewellery (Lark Jewelry Books)
by Jamie Cloud Eakin

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb reference as well as being full of ideas for beading with cabochons., 6 Aug. 2014
A superb book for beading with cabochons. This book has some great ideas with all the instructions to make the most of your cabochons and I have found it extremely useful.

Creative Beading Vol. 8
Creative Beading Vol. 8
by Editors of Bead&Button Magazine

5.0 out of 5 stars ... lovely beading book with exceptional designs and I would recommend it to any beader who loves their craft, 6 Aug. 2014
This is a lovely beading book with exceptional designs and I would recommend it to any beader who loves their craft.

Annabel Karmel Family Cookbook Summer 2009
Annabel Karmel Family Cookbook Summer 2009
by Annabel Karmel

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful 'magazine' style book which has some great ideas., 6 Aug. 2014
This is another cookbook which I heartily recommend as a follow on book from the After-School Meal Planner. Recipes come in a magazine type book, and are well illustrated. A fun recipe book for the whole family to enjoy.

After-School Meal Planner
After-School Meal Planner
by Annabel Karmel

5.0 out of 5 stars The most useful cookbook for all the family with easy recipes that taste delicious!, 6 Aug. 2014
Would heartily recommend this book. The recipes are superb. Easy to follow and my grandchildren love them. Have bought additional copies to give both my daughter and son because they liked the recipes so much. A Superb buy!

Brothers In Arms
Brothers In Arms

5.0 out of 5 stars Brothers in Arms, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Brothers In Arms (Audio CD)
An excellent CD. The music is just fantastic and I thoroughly enjoy listening to it very frequently. Well recommended. Clare - Coleraine

Yamaha YAS101bl SoundBar System with Built-In Subwoofer - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Direct savings

5.0 out of 5 stars Yamaha YAS101bI Soundbar System with Built in Subwoofer, 18 Feb. 2013
My husband bought this item as he is hard of hearing. The system greatly improves the sound from the tv, and we are delighted with it. A very neat piece of kit. Well Recommended! Clare - Coleraine
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 6:44 PM GMT

Live At The Brixton Academy
Live At The Brixton Academy

2.0 out of 5 stars Brian May Live at Brixton Academy, 18 Feb. 2013
Rather disappointed in this CD. Found it not to my taste at all. I know Brian May is a very talented artist, but this music just did not appeal to me. Could not make sense of any of it. Clare - Coleraine

Slimming World Love desserts love slimming world
Slimming World Love desserts love slimming world

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Desserts Book - Thoroughly Recommended!, 18 Feb. 2013
An excellent desserts book. Beautifully illustrated with easy to follow low fat recipes. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to follow a healthy eating lifestyle. Clare - Coleraine

Cuisinart PSC650U Digital Slow Cooker 6.5 litre Brushed stainless steel
Cuisinart PSC650U Digital Slow Cooker 6.5 litre Brushed stainless steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a Shadow of Doubt The Best Slow Cooker Ever!, 22 Nov. 2012
Over several decades I have owned many slow cookers. The Cuisinart 6.5 litre Slow Cooker is absolutely fabulous! It does everything it should, you can set the time for it to cook and how your want it to cook, and if you are delayed returning home then the Cuisinart automatically switches to 'Keep Warm' and it does this perfectly. Its easy to operate and the results are perfection itself.

My first Slow Cooker was a Kenwood which I loved but gave to my daughter, I then purchased a Tower - it was dreadful burnt the food; this was then replaced by the £49. Crock pot, which again very badly burn the food. Having read and heard how good the Lakeland slow cooker was supposed to be, I bought one of those earlier this year. Again it burnt the food and then the handle on the outside just broke off for no apparent reason.

I was quite determined to get a better replacement, which would do everything I wanted and not burn the food! I researched the subject on various web sites and read the customer feedback on Amazon and decided to order the 6.5 litre digital Cuisinart. When it arrived I couldn't wait to try it out! It is absolutely superb! Definitely the best slow cooker I have ever owned, and although we are only two members of our household now, I usually make at least four portions and freeze a the left overs to have another day!

This is quite the most superior slow cooker on the market, it is superbly made and is a real quality item, well worth the extra! You will not be disappointed!

I should also like to recommend to you the paperback recipe book entitled 'Classic 1000 Slow Cooker Recipes by Sue Spitler, which I also bought from Amazon. Although there are no illustrations its a great compendium of everything that can be slow cooked. Well worth the money as it tells you absolutely everything! Cooking whole joints of meat in a slow cooker is quite new to me, but this little book gives you all that information, and anything cooked in the Cuisinart comes out absolutely delicious.

I cannot recommend the Cuisinart 6.5 litre digital Slow Cooker highly enough. The results from it are perfection itself and I am thoroughly enjoying using it. Hope you will too!

The Classic 1000 Slow Cooker Recipes
The Classic 1000 Slow Cooker Recipes
by Sue Spitler

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Slow Cooker Book I have ever Purchased!, 5 Nov. 2012
This is definitely the best slow cooker book on the market. It is so comprehensive, you will never need to purchase any other book! It really is fabulous. The only thing I miss is that there are no pictures, but if you want a book that will give you every slow cook recipe imaginable then this is the one for you. I absolutely love love it, and have cooker several meals from it with great success.

Have also recently purchased a Cuisinart 6.5 litre slow cooker, and I must say although it was expensive is the best slow cooker on the market. I tried Morphy Richards - burn the food; a Crock Pot - again burn the food, and then Lakeland,but the outer container handle just broke off for no apparent reason. I did quite a lot of research before buying another one. I particularly love the timer and keep warm facility on the Cuisinart, and if anyone is thinking of buying a slow cooker then I can heartily recommend the 6.5 litre one. I freeze a lot of the left overs because we are only two at home, and then there is a ready cooked meal in the freezer!

This particular cook book gives recipes for everything from soups, mains, vegetarian, dessert, cakes and drinks as well as cooking whole joints of meat and poultry. I would say this book is a 'must buy cookbook' because it is so comprehensive. You will not regret buying it. It is superb!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4